Holo Audio Bliss
Nov 9, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #256 of 3,325
I'm more interested in how it works with Meze Elite, but Susvara is always the acid test. Elite sounds good on any amp that doesn't suck. There is a difference between good and optimal, of course. Elite scales up with every amp improvement I make. HD800/S are a good surrogate for demanding dynamics, and Raal CA-1A is a What headphone that I am just getting literally today.

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #257 of 3,325
Is Red just a DDC then? Looks pretty spartan for a streamer.
It's both a DDC and a streamer.
Can be connected via USB as a DDC, or you can hook up ethernet and use it as a streamer. Pretty nice having the option for both.
I'm using it as a streamer atm.
@GoldenOne Please tell my you have a Susvara for testing as well :). I know this amp was pretty much built around the Susvara, which is why I got it, so very interested in hearing the synergy there
I do, Susvara is my reference headphone

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #258 of 3,325
Don't forget to get the measurements!!!

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #259 of 3,325
It's both a DDC and a streamer.
Can be connected via USB as a DDC, or you can hook up ethernet and use it as a streamer. Pretty nice having the option for both.
I'm using it as a streamer atm.

I do, Susvara is my reference headphone
Can it act as a NAA for HQP and if so, what are the max DSD & PCM rates?

Nov 9, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #260 of 3,325
Nov 9, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #261 of 3,325
Don't forget to get the measurements!!!
I will, but I always do my listening first. Will probably do measurements in a few days once I've got my subjective views solidified

Nov 9, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #262 of 3,325
Can it act as a NAA for HQP and if so, what are the max DSD & PCM rates?
Yep
When using as a streamer there is a CM4 acting as the brain. Apparently an official OS image will come with it stock, but it's not quite done yet. For now I'm just using RopieeeXL which is working flawlessly with both Roon and HQP at 1.536mhz via USB.

I2S out is limited to 768khz/DSD512

Nov 9, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #263 of 3,325
Don't forget to compare Bliss to the XLR1 outs of Serene :)

Nov 9, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #265 of 3,325
When is that DDC supposed to be released?

Nov 9, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #266 of 3,325
I'm positively giddy that this thing is already in the wild for a few reviewers. Fingers crossed for the impressions to be top knotch, as expected :).

Nov 9, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #268 of 3,325
Don't forget to compare Bliss to the XLR1 outs of Serene :)
(With the Serene comparisons I'm going by memory, I don't have it here unfortunately).

In regards to Bliss vs Serene, this is noticeably more dynamic. Overall tonality seems the same. Resolving capability is a step up too (as a hp amp, have not tried it as a pre yet). But the biggest difference is that this thing is PUNCHY, and the tactile/holographic nature with which it places stuff is simply awesome.

That's what's impressing me the most right now, the combination of a soundstage that is both more expansive than most amps I've heard AND better layered, but with some top tier dynamics and percussive force? **** this is good.....

https://song.link/gb/i/1148145830

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #269 of 3,325
Love the description of it being punchy! That's one thing I love about my OOR/Hypsos but was a little concerned on about the Bliss and happy to see it hits that mark well. How is the volume control? Is it easy to set the volume exactly where you want it and not too loud at the lowest volumes (like my Burson GT was)? Also not too many scrolls to get the volume up/down the way you want it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back