Holo Audio Bliss
May 10, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #2,236 of 3,333
Looks great! How long of a wait was it for you?
I was just a few hours too late for the previous batch, so about 4 weeks. Lucky person @KrauserX91 's waiting time is only a few days haha.

Not sure this is helpful for you though. Lead times here in EU seem to be shorter than in the US, I get the impression. Magnahifi kicking a$$.

May 10, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #2,238 of 3,333
I was just a few hours too late for the previous batch, so about 4 weeks. Lucky person @KrauserX91 's waiting time is only a few days haha.

Not sure this is helpful for you though. Lead times here in EU seem to be shorter than in the US, I get the impression. Magnahifi kicking a$$.

More than lucky!, When I decided to buy, I entered on Sunday to Magnahifi and was out of stock, I kept looking things on the page, and then I backed to the Bliss page 15 min later and was in stock.

I have funny stories like this. I remember on pandemic, with the release of NVIDIA 30 series, the people was complaining because 2h after the release, the page still says no stock, and when I enter, I saw the button and bought as well payment process so fast. And people that were there spamming F5 could not buy. Apparently all the stock was put 2h later and remained less than 2 mins available. Also with the release of Ryzen zen 3 processor. You know how difficult was by that time to get decent hardware.

May 10, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #2,239 of 3,333
So ... the Bliss requires substantial burn in?? Am I nuts for loving this device right out of the box? VERY impressed with how it sounds. I love my Ferrum OOR but this sounds like a considerable step up. Awesome. How much better does it get with burn in, I wonder... We will see. Happy camper right here.

May 10, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #2,241 of 3,333
So ... the Bliss requires substantial burn in?? Am I nuts for loving this device right out of the box? VERY impressed with how it sounds. I love my Ferrum OOR but this sounds like a considerable step up. Awesome. How much better does it get with burn in, I wonder... We will see. Happy camper right here.
Ferrum OOR with hypsos?
What do you think is the key difference bliss and ferrum oor?

May 10, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #2,242 of 3,333
Has anyone tried Susvara with 1/4 inch cable on the Bliss? Wondering if I should get another balanced cable. The one I do have is at work for my other Hifiman right now. And... I do not want to use the one it comes with haha.
I just changed from the XLR port to the 1/4 inch, using a pigtail adapter. With XLR I was listening at -9. Changing over to 1/4 inch, I need to turn it up to -1 or so to get to the same volume level. It tops out at +12. This would be at ~80 dB, a little louder than I usually listen (due to excitement... :wink:) Notice that the Bliss is being fed by the DAVE, which puts out 6V I believe, so quite a lot for a DAC.
Ferrum OOR with hypsos?
Difficult to describe accurately. One element is more weight in the (sub) bass. Staging is another. Overall it just sounds... better. :) So smooth and effortless. The OOR (yes with Hypsos) is great, but this is next level for me. Please bear in mind the honeymoon effect, lack of proper burn in etc. etc.

May 10, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #2,243 of 3,333
I just changed from the XLR port to the 1/4 inch, using a pigtail adapter. With XLR I was listening at -9. Changing over to 1/4 inch, I need to turn it up to -1 or so to get to the same volume level. It tops out at +12. This would be at ~80 dB, a little louder than I usually listen (due to excitement... :wink:) Notice that the Bliss is being fed by the DAVE, which puts out 6V I believe, so quite a lot for a DAC.
Thanks! this is helpful! I'll be using Spring 3 KTE + Preamp, so that is 11.6V -- so I can probably be okay for now. :)

May 10, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #2,244 of 3,333
Ferrum OOR with hypsos?
The openness and separation are the two main differences I found. We’re not talking night and day, but the difference is quite tangible.

May 10, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #2,245 of 3,333
Thanks! this is helpful! I'll be using Spring 3 KTE + Preamp, so that is 11.6V -- so I can probably be okay for now. :)
I have the same DAC and keep the volume set at 95 when feeding the Bliss. Works great.

After some experimenting my preferred setup with my tube amp (Cayin HA 300 MKII) is to use the Bliss as a preamp into the Cayin. In this configuration setting the Bliss line out volume to -10 works great too. Sounds great and no blown fuses so far (knock on wood 3 times 🙏).

May 11, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #2,247 of 3,333
Now you are talking about voltage outputs, how about a Spring 3 no pre amp module in these scenarios?:
1) feeding Bliss directly via XLR
2) feeding Euforia AE as pre amp > Bliss (or vice versa)

Now I read @mfgillia talking about blown fuses I get paranoid. Do I need to use atenuators in case 1 as I dont have control of db's before Bliss? what about case 2? Would be heartbreaking to fry my new babies.

May 11, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #2,248 of 3,333
Now you are talking about voltage outputs, how about a Spring 3 no pre amp module in these scenarios?:
1) feeding Bliss directly via XLR
2) feeding Euforia AE as pre amp > Bliss (or vice versa)

Now I read @mfgillia talking about blown fuses I get paranoid. Do I need to use atenuators in case 1 as I dont have control of db's before Bliss? what about case 2? Would be heartbreaking to fry my new babies.
This exact combination of amps worked perfectly for me without issue. My Spring 3 has preamp, but I ran it at 94 which has voltage output equal to no preamp version.

May 11, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #2,249 of 3,333
That was a perfectly comprehensive review. The only thing that might have been clearer is sonic differences between the headphone sections of the Serene KTE and Bliss KTE running more normally efficient headphones. In regards to the Bliss KTE and Serene KTE, I’m trying to chose, which performance compromise to make, a potentially better headphone section in the Bliss KTE or a better preamp section from a Serene KTE. I only use low impedance 97 db efficient headphones like my HiFiMan HE 1000se and Grado RS1x and a ratio of 50/50, headphones to 2 channel speaker system listening. I will never run an inefficient phone like a Susvara. How would the Bliss KTE vs Serene KTE headphone sections compare running only efficient phones such as these?

Providing I could achieve the same level of headphone performance on a high-efficiency, low impedance phones, and gain a better preamp with the Serene, wouldn’t that be the better choice with less sonic compromises given my system requirements? Using the Serene KTE as both a headphone amplifier and preamp I might be giving nothing up, but with the Bliss KTE, I might be compromising my preamp performance. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
In the same boat here! Hope someone can comment on this.
Maybe @GoldenOne could help! I trust his words.

May 11, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #2,250 of 3,333
I have the same DAC and keep the volume set at 95 when feeding the Bliss. Works great.

After some experimenting my preferred setup with my tube amp (Cayin HA 300 MKII) is to use the Bliss as a preamp into the Cayin. In this configuration setting the Bliss line out volume to -10 works great too. Sounds great and no blown fuses so far (knock on wood 3 times 🙏).
I've been thinking about running the 300 MKII using the Bliss as a preamp. Right now, I've got it running out of the Spring 3 with RCA and I am totally enamored. It's really nice having the variety between the two units.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Yggy
Back