Holo Audio Bliss
Nov 7, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #211 of 3,322
I mean here's a short video of the settings menu if anyone finds anything else:

A lot more simple and intuitive than I was anticipating which I’m a big fan of! Can’t stand menu scrolling. Good stuff

Nov 7, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #213 of 3,322
Do the preamp and HP out get signal at the same time? Or can they be set individually? Usually try to stay away from HP amps that cant toggle between outputs, but Holo is probably the only time I'd make an exception.

Nov 7, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #214 of 3,322
Do the preamp and HP out get signal at the same time? Or can they be set individually? Usually try to stay away from HP amps that cant toggle between outputs, but Holo is probably the only time I'd make an exception.
Holo is a Toggle, not both outputs at same time. Now historically RCA and XLR preouts are both active at the same time though.

Nov 7, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #215 of 3,322
Just based upon initial pass of the form factor, components, and packaging seems to be a very compelling choice at the price point for KTE version. Look forward to hearing reviews/impressions especially compared to Volot, Oor + Hypsos, Soloist 3x GT, and dare I even say the Enleum amp.

I do like the pre capabilities of xlr and rca as well as the hp output selections. It would have been nice to have a sub out and cross-feed but as long as the amp stage is top notch it's a fine omission. will be interested in the quality of the volume control, the gain levels, noise floor, and dynamics. Perhaps this will be the go to option for 1266 phi tc / Sus owners to pair with Holo May.

Nov 7, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #216 of 3,322

Watch the video that was posted above - you have to select the "Line out" (preamp) or HP out w/ Low Z or High Z as the output options. I also like the fact that you have to toggle between the two. I feel like my OOR gets extra hot because all outputs are running at once.

Nov 7, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #217 of 3,322
Watch the video that was posted above - you have to select the "Line out" (preamp) or HP out w/ Low Z or High Z as the output options. I also like the fact that you have to toggle between the two. I feel like my OOR gets extra hot because all outputs are running at once.
Do we know what the wattage or volts difference is between the two impedance switches? I am assuming the switchover is around 100 ohms. So, everything planar and low-impedance dynamic (utopia, stellia, etc.) is Low-Z and else is high-Z like ZMF, Senn, Beyer, etc.

Nov 7, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #218 of 3,322
Do we know what the wattage or volts difference is between the two impedance switches? I am assuming the switchover is around 100 ohms. So, everything planar and low-impedance dynamic (utopia, stellia, etc.) is Low-Z and else is high-Z like ZMF, Senn, Beyer, etc.

I haven't been able to find out any details on when/where to use Low and High Z just yet - I'm sure we'll hear soon since review units are out in the wild and I imagine the product page will update with this info soon. Maybe @bimmer100 could help? :)

Nov 7, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #219 of 3,322
Also something that I'm interested in: When used in May -> Bliss -> Utopia, can one get the volume low enough? With SparkoS Aries my only complaint has been that even the lowest volume setting is quite loud in this chain. I'm using HQPlayer so it's not a complete deal killer, but digital volume control just doesn't feel the right way at this level.

Nov 7, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #220 of 3,322
Also something that I'm interested in: When used in May -> Bliss -> Utopia, can one get the volume low enough? With SparkoS Aries my only complaint has been that even the lowest volume setting is quite loud in this chain. I'm using HQPlayer so it's not a complete deal killer, but digital volume control just doesn't feel the right way at this level.
Agree with this 100% - it was actually one of the reasons why I got rid of my Burson GT for the Ferrum OOR+Hypsos. Volume adjustment wasn't good enough, even with low gain and the volume at 1 in some cases. Hoping Bliss solves this and the volume control is perfect

Nov 7, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #221 of 3,322
Agree with this 100% - it was actually one of the reasons why I got rid of my Burson GT for the Ferrum OOR+Hypsos. Volume adjustment wasn't good enough, even with low gain and the volume at 1 in some cases. Hoping Bliss solves this and the volume control is perfect
I think if there is a 4.4mm output to support IEMs, my guess is that you would use this for super-sensitive headphones. Or, at least, the thought is in the design itself.

Nov 7, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #223 of 3,322
Oh ya, totally. I have enough faith in Holo's design philosophy that this wouldn't be an oversight (especially with the IEM input) but I guess we'll see soon once reviews/more details are put out

Nov 7, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #224 of 3,322
And I have Softears Cerberus. It's an amazing headphone. In a way it's the best headphone I've heard, including Focal Utopia. But it's also:

Sensitivity: 104dB/100mV@1kHz
Impedance: @1kHz(±15%)

It's a long way down to listenable volume levels from May's 2.9V. At the moment I'm listening to SparkoS Aries at it's lowest volume setting and I also attenuate the sound digitally in HQPlayer by 15db and it's still not quiet, but rather "normal relaxed" listening level. Aries should go 20db lower than it currently does to enable listener to listen Softears Cerberus quietly.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #225 of 3,322
Comparison wishes: SparkoS Aries, Niimbus, Pass HPA-1.
The comparison with Pass HPA1 interests me most. I already own a TOTL OTL HPA and am looking for a suitable SS to add to the stable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back