Hmmmm! - New Single-ended Class A - Looks nice!
Aug 20, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #31 of 128
How about this?
L3000.gif

uploadj.jpg

Aug 20, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #33 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannie01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Glenn, what a good looking amp. Wondering how it sound, is it only for loudspeaker driving?

Danny,

It looks like it's only for driving loudspeakers. Here's the link where you can see his products. They all seem very nicely made!

Glenn

[size=large]J Sound Labs on Ebay[/size]

Aug 20, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #35 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by atbglenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's an example of J Sound's wiring quality. It's pretty impressive if you ask me. Shown is J Sound's 2A3 SE MkII

Capture.jpg

Absolutely stunning point to point wiring. A model for both amateur and commercial builders. I don't see how it's possible to do work like this at this price point, even assuming all Far Eastern components.

Aug 23, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #37 of 128
Holy &&&& that's some OCD looking wiring. Makes me wish I was still in the market. It makes even Woo Audio's stuff look less geometric, and Mikhail's stuff...wow, polar opposite of that.

There's a few pricy looking parts in that.

For that pic you linked, here's the description:

"Signal coupling capacitors are JENSEN or AUDIO NOTE Paper in Oil Foil type Silver lead-out and MIT MULTICAP PPFX-S Polypropylene Film & Tin Foil capacitors; as a plate load & cathode resistors we use KIWAME (Japan) Carbon Film, 1% tolerance & ALLEN-BRADLEY Carbon Composition resistors and grid-stop & grid-leak resistors are PRP (USA) Precision Metal Film Audio-Grade, 1% tolerance, non-magnetic construction. All power resistors are DALE Wire Wound Resistors. Reservoir and decoupling power supply capacitors are F&T (Germany) Electrolytic. Bypass Capacitors we use NICHICON MUSE KZ Acoustic Series Audio-Grade Electrolytic. ALPS Blue Velvet Stereo Potentiometer as Volume control."

Aug 24, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #39 of 128
That's the site obviously.

The only mention of J Sound Lab in that site are the words "J Sound Lab" written like a link but it isn't (yet) a link.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #40 of 128
I'm tempted to order one of these now and beat the deluge of orders they will no doubt receive if it gets it a good review here... on the other hand I would be curious to hear first how it compares to the TU882 for example. Anyone have one of these in hand yet?

Sep 1, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #41 of 128
Mine has not arrived.

Sep 1, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #42 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine has not arrived.

Did you get a tracking number?

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #44 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by atbglenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you get a tracking number?

I did get a tracking number, but it doesn't tell me much, other than it's on the way
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #45 of 128
Uh oh! If it sounds as good as it looks (inside), I'll be out $300 as quick as you can say "jiminy cricket"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back