Hmm...great deal but fishy?
Jun 2, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #46 of 116
I saw these yesterday - generally I don't trust anyone without solid feedback selling masses of high end goods at ridiculous prices. But then again, I did it myself on trademe (New Zealand's eBay, basically) when I imported Senn 280 Pros...

Even still, the lowest price I've found for the HD600s from a regular etailer is around $265 - that's a BIG difference.

Good luck to those who took the plunge - I'm still tempted myself but not cavalier enough to try just yet
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #47 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Fool and thier money are easily Parted.

Have at it folks.

Mitch

Yeah but fortune favors the bold
biggrin.gif

That said, I won't jump on the deal until I see a substantial amount of positive feedback from people I know here, and there's the possibility of other shady stuff happening beyond just low prices.

The mostly likely case (that I can think of) is he's selling refurbs as new. I can't imagine any other way he's getting a big enough margin to make it worth reselling everything.

That said my advice is take screenshots of purchase and photos both before and after you open the gift and make sure it gets shipped priority with insurance. That's about as thorough as you can get in terms of security since they will only take paypal.

My 2 cents.

Jun 2, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #48 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headdie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He did roughly the same thing with the D2000. One day it was 140$ and the next day it was 280$. Now, I've bought it for 140$ and it's not clear if I'm going to get it, so you might want to wait and see what will happen with me...

Legally speaking, (especialy if you have paid), he has to honor the contract.

Jun 2, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #49 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headdie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He did roughly the same thing with the D2000. One day it was 140$ and the next day it was 280$. Now, I've bought it for 140$ and it's not clear if I'm going to get it, so you might want to wait and see what will happen with me...

They're selling the D1000 for $140, maybe they accidently listed the D2000 at that price? Nice score anyhow...I hope they screw up again!
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #51 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The mostly likely case (that I can think of) is he's selling refurbs as new.

I asked the seller about that in my email to him/her a day or two ago. Still no reply yet.

Here fishy fishy fishy fishy....
biggrin.gif

I've decided not to buy after all... Too fishy. Which is a good thing, because now I can focus on saving up for the L3000 again...
biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #52 of 116
I emailed all-systems555 through eBay early Monday morning and politely asked if the company is an authorized Senn dealer. No response more than 36 hours later. My guess/opinion is that the HD600 deal is TGTBT. Good luck to those that took a chance -- I hope it works out for you.

Jun 3, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #53 of 116
I ordered a Senn HD25-1-II on Friday AM and was sent a Priority Mail tracking number that evening. Nothing in the mail today, so I emailed and received a response saying that he hoped to ship them on Tuesday - having "a problem" with PayPal, he says. Hmmm.

Especially hmmm, since I received an email from EBay on Sunday saying that this listing had been "canceled" and I was not under any obligation to pay for the product. Too late for that one, but I'm covered by PayPal if need be.

Crossing my fingers for a nice Thursday/Friday package in the mail!

Jun 3, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #54 of 116
Yep, certainly starting to look dodgy! Good luck folks.

Jun 3, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #55 of 116
I think people just get paranoid the longer a thread lasts. Why dont we actually adopt the "wait and see" approuch?

Jun 4, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #56 of 116
Bumping this up again to keep it in the spotlight. I am really curious to see how this pans out. I am interested to see if my cynicism got the best of me, or if by some miracle this isn't a grand Ebay scam.

I mean surely people should start receiving packages by now, especially for those who paid extra for expedited shipping, correct?

Jun 4, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #58 of 116
Looking BAD!

You'll get your money back easy. Anyone claiming not as advertised or even if you are unhappy with it paypal gives you money back, happened to my friend so many times.

Jun 4, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #59 of 116
That's the first high ticket item to recieve Feedback. Everything else sold was less than $100 and most were $9.95.

For the people who've sent money I hope we're wrong.

They sold 20 of that specific $395 item! There's $8K already.

You won't get any money back from PayPal since the account will be empty.

Mitch

Jun 4, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #60 of 116
I have emailed them like a week ago when i first saw the auction. Still no reply. The price is too good to be true to me, either a scam or they are selling refurbish items?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back