Hmm...great deal but fishy?
Jun 4, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #76 of 116
From the Negative Feedback- “bad contact # in PayPal”.

So the contact information is bad not the PayPal Account.

Optimism is nice but it’s what led all those people to lose money. To think it’s anything but a Scam at this point is Dreaming.

Sadly.

These Scams offend be deeply because I buy and Sell lots of stuff on the Internet and am continually amazed at the trust people have. I take Great Pride in the Trust people have when they buy from me and stress delivering an item as much as I stress receiving something.

Mitch

Jun 4, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #77 of 116
^ Agreed
mad.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #79 of 116
Ah, I had such high hopes too. Hopefully the people who ordered will get their money back.

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #82 of 116
I joined up to post that I purchased the Denons from this guy. Seeing all the commotion revolving around the auction, I gave paypal a call. They opened a claim and put a debit against his account for the amount of the item (406 in my case.)

Now, some things that are strange to me is that all the negative feedbacks are for auctions that either ended yesterday, today, or haven't even ended yet. It seems as though the buyers are all freaking out because one person couldn't get ahold of him. Now, this could be as simple as him not having checked his email for a couple days and is just waiting for the auctions to end before sending out the merchandise. Anyways, there isn't anything that we can do about it at this moment except wait; but for some reason, I'm really not sweating this too much.

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #84 of 116
666th post incognito.... devillish!

You'll be biting your pitchfork if he eventually comes though. Although it's looking increasingly less likely given that his feedback has gone crazily bad.

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #85 of 116
"all the negative feedbacks are for auctions that either ended yesterday, today, or haven't even ended yet."

NO- the date on the Feedback is the date the feedback was left.

Look at the actual auctions and purchases and you'll see that they are 5 or 6 days ago.

Mitch

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #86 of 116
Such a pity.

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #87 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"all the negative feedbacks are for auctions that either ended yesterday, today, or haven't even ended yet."

NO- the date on the Feedback is the date the feedback was left.

Look at the actual auctions and purchases and you'll see that they are 5 or 6 days ago.

Mitch

confused.gif

The first negative was left today - the 4th. The auctions are all either still in progress or ended yesterday (one ended the 1st, but that is an exception.)

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #89 of 116
“The first negative was left today - the 4th. The auctions are all either still in progress or ended yesterday (one ended the 1st, but that is an exception.)”

Sorry guy but you’re wrong- the Auctions were Buy It Now listings with 20 items each. The Negative feedbacks were from purchases from when the Listings were first posted on the 29th or 30th. Figure with Priority Mail Shipping the items should have been delivered by now.

The negatives were from items purchased 6 days ago.

"the negative feedbacks are for auctions that either ended yesterday, today, or Haven't Even Ended Yet."

?? How could a buyer leave Negative Feedback for an Auction that hasn't ended yet?

It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion and there was nothing you could do to stop it.

Mitch

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #90 of 116
Oh no, this was a scam after all? What a SHOCK!

rolleyes.gif

To quote a couple of cliches that are actually good advice to live by:

If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Sorry for those who end up getting burned by this - just look at it as a valuable learning experience, and keep your fingers crossed that you are able to get your money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back