Hmm...great deal but fishy?
May 31, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #31 of 116
I agree with the person above. This looks like a scam. The person selling the headphones is doing his/her best to fool the buyers by making it look professional and legitimate, yet all signs still point to scam for me.

I'm not sure I would even trust someone selling that much stuff with 100+ feedback.

I really do hope it's not though, so the people here get their stuff. Chances are it's a scam though
frown.gif

May 31, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #32 of 116
No, I am not the seller. I have just been on the hunt for a pair of HD595's for the last few weeks.

My ebay username is dosquito.

edit: and yeah, i agree, the only way that this could be legitimate is if this guy is a wholesaler who just decided to start doing ebay

Jun 1, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #34 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Seller only sold small items and has been selling for 1 week or 2 and now has 515 auctions listed with 20 items each at probably over $1,000,000 total.

The Seller has 20 of everything. So no big deal a new guy posts $1,000,000 in Auctions on eBay with a feedback rating of 12- Why Worry?

Yeah Right.

Caveat Emptor.

Mitch

Finally, a voice of reason.

I wouldn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole. My Cynic alarm is at Defcon 5.

For those who made a purchase from this Ebay seller, let us know how things work out. Sorry in advance if you get burned. If it turns out to be legit, then good for you!

If by some miracle this seller is legit, then he could end up being a good resource for Head-Fiers looking for good headphones on the cheap. I looked at all of the phones he is supposedly "selling", and he has some heavy hitters in there at rock bottom prices with free shipping on everything.

But like I already mentioned, the odds of this being legit is negative 3 by my calculations.

Good luck.

Jun 1, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #35 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosquito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If he's emailed you a tracking # then this seems pretty legit.

Not necessarily. He could mail you something worthless that weighs about the same as an HD600 with box. In that case tracking will still show something was received. And Ebay/Paypal only cover you if an item is not received. Not if an item is not as advertised or broken.

Jun 1, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #36 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally, a voice of reason.

I wouldn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole. My Cynic alarm is at Defcon 5.

For those who made a purchase from this Ebay seller, let us know how things work out. Sorry in advance if you get burned. If it turns out to be legit, then good for you!

If by some miracle this seller is legit, then he could end up being a good resource for Head-Fiers looking for good headphones on the cheap. I looked at all of the phones he is supposedly "selling", and he has some heavy hitters in there at rock bottom prices with free shipping on everything.

But like I already mentioned, the odds of this being legit is negative 3 by my calculations.

Good luck.

thanks for your insight. i really dont have much experience with ebay so I don't know the odds of this.

btw, he still hasn't replied to my message!

Jun 1, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #37 of 116
He/she is operating too big to be a scam. If the seller is smart enough to open up an ebay store then he/she probably knows of the consequence from illegally selling stuff on ebay. He/she will be in a deep s**t hole if ever get caught. Getting fishy detail and making the plunge is buyer's fault. However, getting legit information and got cheated is another story.

Jun 1, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #38 of 116
"He/she is operating too big to be a scam. If the seller is smart enough to open up an ebay store then he/she probably knows of the consequence from illegally selling stuff on ebay."

That's too funny. You need to spend some time on eBay and see what the scammers actually do.

:He/she will be in a deep s**t hole if ever get caught."

Your sense of humor is killing me.

Your post is not based in reality, not logical and down right silly- " He/she will be in a deep s**t hole if ever get caught."

Like that has ever stopped thiefs from thieving.

Mitch

Jun 1, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #39 of 116
Quote:

"He/she is operating too big to be a scam. If the seller is smart enough to open up an ebay store then he/she probably knows of the consequence from illegally selling stuff on ebay."

That's too funny. You need to spend some time on eBay and see what the scammers actually do.

Your post is not based in reality, not logical and down right silly- " He/she will be in a deep s**t hole if ever get caught."

Mitch

braillediver can you please drop some knowledge here and explain to us what kind of scam this is and how it operates. imo someone would have to be pretty stupid to try to run this but, like i said, i have almost no experience with ebay

Jun 1, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #40 of 116
Quote:

Mitch

Whoa. Hold up a sec. I was just talking about my opinion and I wasn't trying to offend anybody here but you've gone over board calling me silly.

This is the kind of s**t hole I'm talking about. Tell me these are not real.

Quote:

Sentencing for fake designer handbag scam

Jenny Donahue, a.k.a. Jenny Bryant, 28, pleaded guilty in June 2007 to defrauding over 250 victims by selling over $100,000 in fake designer accessories, mostly handbags, on eBay. Federal Judge J. Garvan Murtha sentenced Donahue Jan. 10, 2008 to five years of probation, 100 hours community service and restitution. The eBay Fraud Investigations Team assisted investigators on an ongoing basis for 2+ years.

Walla Walla man sentenced in gold coin fraud

Gary S. Harmas, 55, has been sentenced to more than two years in federal prison for a fraud scheme involving gold coin sales over the Internet. Harmas pleaded guilty in October to 12 counts of wire fraud in connection with the scheme. Officials said that beginning in October 2004, Harmas advertised American Eagle gold coins for sale on the eBay Web site, but didn't have an inventory of the gold coins. PayPal and eBay received 188 customer complaints for non-delivery, shut down his account in 2005, and sustained a loss of $267,615. Harmas was ordered to pay $310,733 in restitution to the victims. He will remain under court supervision for three years after he is released from prison.

Ex-lab coordinator charged with theft

Daniel Korpenfelt, 53, a former lab coordinator for Portland State University's electrical and computer engineering department, is accused of stealing about $260,000 worth of Tektronix Inc. equipment from the school over the past three years. The indictment stems from the theft of 27 Tektronix machines from the university. Once arrested, Korpenfelt told police that he sold the stolen equipment to supplement his $43,476 annual income and used the extra cash for travel. Police estimate that he pocketed about $60,000 from the sale of the stolen instruments. Korpenfelt pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with 17 counts of aggravated theft and first-degree theft.

Guilty Plea for Non Delivery of Goods in the UK

A man who conned eBay customers out of approximately $20,000 was sentenced in mid-February to six months jail suspended for 18 months and ordered to complete 100 hours of community service. David Cartmell, 43, built up a credible reputation for buying and selling household and kitchen goods as well as computer goods on eBay. He then switched to selling mainly computer goods and did not fulfill a number of orders for customers from across Europe, despite cashing checks sent to his address. He pleaded guilty to eight offences of obtaining a money transfer by deception.

So, if you have a better scam story please do share instead putting your foot in somebody's a** for talking about his opinion. lol

Jun 1, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #42 of 116
My point was that this is not one of those small scams we see here and there. What this seller's doing is a considerable size buisiness. And if it turns out to be a scam and there are a considerable number of victims, then the buyers should have no problem suing the seller.

Jun 1, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #43 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headdie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hum... I've just bought from this guy a pair of AH-D2000 for 157.80$ shipping and handling included,

eBay Store - japan: electronic, UMPC, notebook

Hoping that it's gonna be fine...

this ebayer was selling the MDR EX700 for $139.00 yesterday today his price has become $239.00

Jun 2, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #44 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this ebayer was selling the MDR EX700 for $139.00 yesterday today his price has become $239.00

He did roughly the same thing with the D2000. One day it was 140$ and the next day it was 280$. Now, I've bought it for 140$ and it's not clear if I'm going to get it, so you might want to wait and see what will happen with me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back