HM-602/601, ibasso dx100, Sony walkman Z-series, Cowon J3, Nationite s:flo2 comparisons
Dec 12, 2011 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lgexz

New Head-Fier
So now I've narrowed my choices to these 5 daps. For some daps, they might be too early. Any suggestions or pros and cons that you can provide for each?

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #2 of 9
Why not stay with Cowon though?

I really doubt that you will find better players than theirs or Sony Walkmans...
Right now I'm also looking for a new PMP/DAP (have only used Archos) but what stops me from getting a new one is disk space. My Archos 7 has a 160gb Hard Disk so compared with those 16GB, 32GB even 64GB players at twice the prices... they don't really inspire me (even if they do have better sound quality...).

If you want something different, you can check the Archos players.
Some of them have microSD slots to increase memory. Build quality is "Ok" (don't expect a lot for being so cheap players :wink:). Sound quality is not the best and since this is a French company, they put a "volume cap" on their players (they have to do that by law!).

But I guess, another Cowon wouldn't be bad for you for a quality player with not a lot of bells and whistles.

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 9
The thing with cowon is, they all don't feel sturdy to me. I'm the type of person who's anal about things. All of my stuff lasts for a long time but my s9 wasn't just cut out for it. I need a brick basically.

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
The thing with cowon is, they all don't feel sturdy to me. I'm the type of person who's anal about things. All of my stuff lasts for a long time but my s9 wasn't just cut out for it. I need a brick basically.

You want a BRICK say no more, come play the waiting game with us. We should have more info soon.

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 9
Haha, i'm waiting for that particular BRICK too, if you are looking for something cheaper the Teclast T51s are worth taking a look at... and i just LOVE their marketing 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #6 of 9

Quote:

i'm still using a d2, not sturdy? i run mine no rockbox, no flash to the d2+ firware, themes, yeah. basically a tank that plays music. original battery. i do have a norve case on it with a belt clip. the only thing i don't like about it is with 16gb base and 16gb on  flash memory it takes a while to go through to find the right album. i deal with it. :)

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #7 of 9
Hey guys, there is a new dap by Hisoundaudio, called RooCoo-P,
There is a promo of sorts in headfi now...
Check the manufacturer sub forum.

It's a tiny dynamite of a dap...
Clean fast clear.

Dec 13, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #8 of 9
Combining everything that i researched for the past couple of weeks, here's a list that I came up that I may end up buying. The colorfly is something that i need to think about for a very long time.

hisound audio RooCoo-P
hisound audio studio
hifiman hm-602
iBasso DX100
sony walkman z series
cowon j3
sansa (rockbox'ed)
colorfly c4

Jan 29, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
Combining everything that i researched for the past couple of weeks, here's a list that I came up that I may end up buying. The colorfly is something that i need to think about for a very long time.

hisound audio RooCoo-P
hisound audio studio
hifiman hm-602
iBasso DX100
sony walkman z series
cowon j3
sansa (rockbox'ed)
colorfly c4

My advise:
1-Ibasso Dx1000 (average of 7 hours battery life-64GB internal memory and can take microsd)
2-Sony Walkman z series (the Japanese version is 64gb but u can change the language and battery is 20H)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back