HLLY DMK-IV (DAC, headphone amp, pre amp)
Jan 11, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #31 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't deserve free advertisement. It's a good thing their posts were removed. They blatantly advertised they ripped off Little Dot and Lehmann.

Wonder if they will still send Skylab an amp.
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #32 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wonder if they will still send Skylab an amp.
biggrin.gif

They PM'd me asking if I would review the DMK-IV, and I said yes, without having seen this thread, or knowing much of anything about them. I get a lot of review requests, and the link they sent me to the EBay auction for this item looked nice, and this item itself didn't look like anything "odd".

But their knock-off of the Little Dot tube amp is alarming. Has it been clearly established that LD is not simply OEMing this to HLLY?

Now I'm not really sure I want to do a review, but since "hllyelec" has been banned, and I had only heard from them via PM, I have no way to get in touch with them either way at this point.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #33 of 106
Lol, glad I don't give a diddle that I am such a bad person in some peoples eyes for buying this amp......

I am still looking forward to getting my amp. I figure if I can use a mouse and MS operating system for the last 20+ years... Both ripoffs from another company. Also wonder what Henry Ford would of thought of this thread??? His manufacturing techniques were stolen by most competitive companies, not to mention his vehicle / engineering ideas.

Any way, when I get my amp I will post what I think.

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #34 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-large]/facepalm[/size]

There is no talk of taking an existing system and improving it here, you're talking about something utterly irrelevant to this thread. If Henry Ford saw this thread, he'd probably wonder why somebody took the time to revive him, because it is irrelevant to him.

HLLV completely and entirely cloned a Little Dot amplifier, then put it in a cloned Little Dot case, then claimed it had a Little Dot warranty. If you think that's how the automotive industry started you're either staggeringly incompetent or have never read so much as an article about it.

Are you sure HLLY cloned not only the case but also the internals?

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #35 of 106
Quote:

There is no talk of taking an existing system and improving it here, you're talking about something utterly irrelevant to this thread. If Henry Ford saw this thread, he'd probably wonder why somebody took the time to revive him, because it is irrelevant to him.

HLLV completely and entirely cloned a Little Dot amplifier, then put it in a cloned Little Dot case, then claimed it had a Little Dot warranty. If you think that's how the automotive industry started you're either staggeringly incompetent or have never read so much as an article about it.

facepalm.jpg

To many kids here,
I like you go ape**** over something that you haven't even heard yet
It can look the same but guess what this happens all the time with other products(like laptops) is perfectly legal, It's called OEMing even using the original warranty, But the internals could be completely different, don't start making random claims
The only thing proven is that's it got the same case and warranty doesn't mean it's the same exact warranty

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #37 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonhapimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the internals could be completely different, don't start making random claims

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They said they used a LEHMANN circuit for the headphone amp.
rolleyes.gif

Well, that's embarrassing. Way to do your homework Jonha.
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #38 of 106
Quote:

You say they completely and entirely cloned a Little Dot amplifier but now its suggested its a LEHMANN circuit. Are you suggesting that LD cloned a LEHMANN?? Which is it?? a cloned LD or cloned Lehmann...of course I wouldn't expect you to know... Well thats embarassing. Way to do your homework Raez
popcorn.gif

I don't own one of these products and don't plan to, but these rants are a little over the top. To the OP I apologize for responding to the trolls and won't anymore.

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #39 of 106
I will say that so far the communication with ns_fm_transmitter on eBay about my HLLY unit has been top notch and it is scheduled to ship today. Would of shipped sooner but ns_fm_transmitter checks all their amps with a short burn-in before shipping.

I received the same response from Pacific Valve & Electric about my Audio GD Compass that shipped yesterday. They also do a burn-in / check before shipping.

so in my eyes, so far so good.

Only further response will be me posting my observations on this amp when it comes in.

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #40 of 106
Quote:

Well, that's embarrassing. Way to do your homework Jonha.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You say they completely and entirely cloned a Little Dot amplifier but now its suggested its a LEHMANN circuit. Are you suggesting that LD cloned a LEHMANN?? Which is it?? a cloned LD or cloned Lehmann...of course I wouldn't expect you to know... Well thats embarassing. Way to do your homework Raez
popcorn.gif

I don't own one of these products and don't plan to, but these rants are a little over the top. To the OP I apologize for responding to the trolls and won't anymore.

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #41 of 106
Still, are we sure Little Dot is an actual manufacturer and not an OEM reseller?
I'm saying cause this Little Dot Amplifiers • View topic - Little Dot MK I+ Portable Headphone Amplifier
looks exactly the same as this Fanmusic MKII MK2 Portable Headphone Amp Amplifier NEW en vente sur eBay.fr (fin le 22-janv.-10 19:33:00 Paris)

...and something tells me that if someone performs a thorough search in chinasuppliers or alibaba or other sites like these, there might be more LD lookalikes to be found.

Or, they are an unlucky company that should better start sueing before their entire line ends to be fabricated by every other Chinese workshop...

Jan 13, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #42 of 106
lol, seeing as China is known as the "ripoff / clone" country..... Isn't it kind of poetic justice?? In this economy if it works great and is priced right it will sell. Regardless if it is a clone / ripoff or not.

I got my Audio GD Compass in and wonder how much of it is cloned / copied? What ever parts are... who cares! This thing is NICE, very well built etc... You go you resourceful china-men! make me more great items for a great price!!!!!

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #43 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
popcorn.gif

I'm sorry, I'm a dirty liar. They cloned both LD and Lehmann. That makes it much better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ca95f /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still, are we sure Little Dot is an actual manufacturer and not an OEM reseller?
I'm saying cause this Little Dot Amplifiers • View topic - Little Dot MK I+ Portable Headphone Amplifier
looks exactly the same as this Fanmusic MKII MK2 Portable Headphone Amp Amplifier NEW en vente sur eBay.fr (fin le 22-janv.-10 19:33:00 Paris)

...and something tells me that if someone performs a thorough search in chinasuppliers or alibaba or other sites like these, there might be more LD lookalikes to be found.

Or, they are an unlucky company that should better start sueing before their entire line ends to be fabricated by every other Chinese workshop...

LD claims they use custom cases, so it's likely those are also ripoffs.

Jan 13, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #45 of 106

Users who are viewing this thread

Back