HJE900 review with pics (56k stay away)
Sep 21, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #62 of 69
Lol I don't really think you can cal them flavor of the month anymore, since they seem to be resurfacing in popularity every once in a while. This thread is from almost 2 years ago. They're simply an amazing value at their current price imo. And the housings feel virtually indestructible.

Sep 21, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #63 of 69
Lol I don't really think you can cal them flavor of the month anymore, since they seem to be resurfacing in popularity every once in a while. This thread, for example, is from almost 2 years ago =P. They're simply an amazing value at their current price imo. And the housings feel virtually indestructible.

Sep 21, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #65 of 69
Nothing is beyond FOTM regardless of time unless of course you are referring them to mean something bad. The HJE900 have gained popularity lately with people who have never heard it recommending them in various threads and thus starting a FOTM period
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #67 of 69

Quote:

Is the housing actually cubic zirconia, or is that on the inside?  Coz I noticed they come in black and white, does that mean the zirconia is coloured?  Sorry I don't get it.. =p

Almost the entire housing is, the only plastic piece being where the stems emerge from to connect the cables. And yes the Zirconia is probably prepared differently to give the different colorations. BTW, it's not really black, its more of a dark blue-green which changes color subtly depending on the lighting. It's a very interesting material

Quote:
Nothing is beyond FOTM regardless of time unless of course you are referring them to mean something bad. The HJE900 have gained popularity lately with people who have never heard it recommending them in various threads and thus starting a FOTM period
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />

I guess you are right XD. It depends a bit on your definition of FOTM too though. What I meant is that they are quite good regardless of their increased popularity.

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #68 of 69
heyy guys i was planning on getting the HJE-900 for a while now,finally saved up enough money
smily_headphones1.gif
, i was going to order them from J&K until i read this post about their filters falling off.....after reading the post...i started thinks and all these questions started popping up,are there any IEM's which do not use filters? if i was searching for a upgrade from HJE-900's which ones would you recommend?,i might as well spend a couple of bucks more on a IEM's that doest have a issue with filters, and finally since thanks giving is a few weeks away would you think it would be better deal if i buy them then??

i am sorry for the loads of questions, there are the 1st IEM's i am getting so i wanna get a good pair.

thanks

Nov 6, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #69 of 69
i know that the meleec m11+ don't use filters and there are some others that i dont know of, im also thinking of buying the hje900 but the lack of isolation and reports of faulty drivers has been chaning my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back