HJE900 review with pics (56k stay away)
Nov 30, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #31 of 69
I am aware that the pics are blurry i am getting a new and better camera soon and will post more pics soon

Nov 30, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #32 of 69
I've seen enough
ksc75smile.gif

IMO, they are worth the money just for the impressive presentation. Even if they sound average (hardly since you have no benefit of putting false informations here and you already said that they outperform the im716, a solid earphone) it's still a good buy just for the extras and
durability. Thanks for the review and pics, very helpful
beerchug.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #37 of 69
I'll upload better pictures later this week and hopefully will get a amp. Im trying to scrap up the cash for an ER4S so I can do a comparison.

Mar 10, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #38 of 69
Libertad, instead of getting the ER4S, do you think you could go for the PFE instead for the comparison? I'm wondering if it would still be worth upgrading to the HJE900 in the future.

Call me selfish, but it saves you money anyway. Enter the code YTECH10 and you can get them for just over $125! Not to mention I'm sure you'll enjoy them (the PFE is "bass light" [though I don't really think so], the ER4S is "bass lacking"). The PFE has crazy low-end extension with no mid-bass hump. And you don't need an amp to hear it (I'm looking at you, Ety). And the highs and mids are absolutely beautiful, accurate, and detailed.

Mar 10, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #39 of 69
Seeing there FOTM it does make more sense to compare it to those. When the cash comes in I'll use the them instead of the ER4S for my review.

Mar 10, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #40 of 69
As far as I'm concerned they are not FOTM. They're FOTD (Flavor Of The Decade).
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #41 of 69
What size tips do these HJE900 take? Is the nozzle the same size as ER4 (comply T-400 I believe). I'm interested in these. Can't decide between these and the Audio Technica CK10.

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #42 of 69
They have the same nozzle size as most iems do at the moment. Think CX300 and the like i've used sony tips on my 900s so i believe the T-400 should have no problem fitting

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #43 of 69
Thanks ALOT for the info! I have ER4 comply tips which have a smaller diameter, and the larger tips for CK7, CKM70, DTX50, which also fit many other earphones. I was worried if the HJE900 was an odd size and so therefore difficult to find tips that fit. Comply tips or triple / bi- flange tips may improve isolation and bass a tad.

How are you finding these phones now after longer use? I like my details in my trance (but not toooooooo bright and fatiguing), with bass when the recording requires it.

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #44 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by kojebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks ALOT for the info!

How are you finding these phones now after longer use? I like my details in my trance (but not toooooooo bright and fatiguing), with bass when the recording requires it.

I haven't had the pleasure of using these with a better source as that is at the core of the sound quality with these. They are very flat and accurate in presentation and are very source dependent. I never agreed with peoples description of the Cowon D2 sound signature until i got these most headphones colored the sound (bass and highs mostly) however the 900 showed me that the D2 is colder and actually has some bass roll off. In contrast my PC has bass that can only be described as beautiful. Easily going below 20hz with layers of detail and tonality however the treble is very harsh where as on the D2 the same songs sounded smoother in the upper registers.I see now that onboard audio is not great at all and i need to upgrade.

Now from all the hrs i put on them is say about 600hrs they arn't going to change anymore but they do sound different than they did in the review. They are very airy in presentation with the most realist tonality out of any iem i have heard. They are very detailed and accurate and very comfortable at a slight cost of isolation they don't put you in a new world isolation wise they just lower the volume of everything around you. They are by far and im willing to bet on this the most indestructible IEMs mankind has ever constructed. I have taken the shell against a hammer, the concrete floor, and a knife and they have not a scratch on them and shine just like the day i got them. The cable is of the Sa6 variety but straight instead of angled and ill try and recable them with something better to see if i can squeeze anything more out of them. Point is they scale according to source you put poop in poop will come out..Now if you put good recordings in...They will make you gasp in disbelief. In light of newer iems i cannot say how they compare then to what i have not heard but they blow the im716 to ashes these in comparison are in a completely different league.

At $210-$250USD they are a steal in my book and the durability just add to that value that these provide

Jun 14, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #45 of 69
Thanks again. I previously owned the im716 and ER4S and P, so have an understanding of where you are coming from.

I've recently bought the D2, and wish to use it for cycling. I also use an Ipod Classic with a Go Vibe Petite portable amp. I like to try a new pair of earphones every six months or so, never satisfied
biggrin.gif
. Maybe I'll give these a try. They cost about 180 dollars equivalent in Korea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back