hje900 filters?
Nov 4, 2010 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Ragouki

New Head-Fier
Sadly my filters fell out of my hje900's about a week ago... I went ahead and purchased the comply t-400 tips. The Complies softened the treble a bit to much for me, so i ordered sony hybrid tips instead. Though I would really like to have something protecting the drivers, which was the benefit of the t-400's. I was wondering if anyone could possibly link me to some filters i could buy that would be compatible with these phones?

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 12
This homemade DIY may sound funny, but take a thin coffee filter, cut a circle about 2x the diameter of the nozzle, set it on the nozzle, and push the tip back on the nozzle.  It will def keep wax out, and might help tame the sizzle in the highs.  Nylon hose will also work if you don't want to cut the highs any.

Nov 7, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
Won't that muck up the sound?

Not really, just changes it slightly. It will dampen a little of the treble energy (good if you find it harsh or sibilant) and bring the mids forward a little. By the way, you also don't necessarily need to use a q-tip, some low density foam from an old earbud will work just as well.

Nov 7, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #10 of 12
^ x2, that's why I said you have to figure out the right amount. For the HJE900 you should need less than shown in the picture. Of course some low density foam from an old earbud will work as well.

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #12 of 12

As james suggested the foam mod works great I have found I did it yesterday as my filters fell out and it just sounds great now, the sibilance has dropped off quite a bit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back