Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Feb 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #242 of 830

Quote:
Was that a serious question?

I was just messing with the fact that Rockbox will never be available for the Studio and tried to briefly place myself inside someone else's head. 
wink_face.gif

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #243 of 830

Quote:
so are there any alternative players with such good sound quality and battery life with that price range or is studio V the one and only ? :)

Unfortunately no, as far as I've read so far only the DX100 or the HM801 can match up to the Studio-V's sound quality. And they both have horrible battery life.

Not to mention they are not very portable. The Studio V is a really unique device imo. I really cant go back to my J3 now

Feb 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #244 of 830

Quote:
Unfortunately no, as far as I've read so far only the DX100 or the HM801 can match up to the Studio-V's sound quality. And they both have horrible battery life.

Not to mention they are not very portable. The Studio V is a really unique device imo. I really cant go back to my J3 now

Yeah the studio V is magical. Seriously if Jack could fix the hiss issue with sensitive IEMs he would have a very dangerous player on the field, it would destroy. Also lowering the price to around $200.00 would make it much more competitive and I feel he could take a large share of the portable audiophile market. The player is really that good and has potential.

Feb 16, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #245 of 830

Quote:
Yeah the studio V is magical. Seriously if Jack could fix the hiss issue with sensitive IEMs he would have a very dangerous player on the field, it would destroy. Also lowering the price to around $200.00 would make it much more competitive and I feel he could take a large share of the portable audiophile market. The player is really that good and has potential.

I agree. My other gripe about the player is that it just freezes when I try to add ALL files from the sdcard, which I find hilarious since the default behavior when it boots up is to play ALL files from the device already.

I would also like the ability to be able to play the next folder continuously after the current one ends as well and to display Artist/Track while the file is playing instead of the Filename.

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #246 of 830

Quote:

Wow that's just what I needed to hear. Thanks for that impression. Going to have to seriously consider the V now.

Feb 20, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #247 of 830
Thank you David,

While I won't be checking what or not this week, I may in the future. For me, it's the battery life that is the draw, that and that the AMP3Pro is an instant defensive weapon that can also be thrown through a car's windscreen!

Quote:

I tried both Studio and V firms on AMP3Pro and Pro2. The firmware sizes are different, they did not work.
The firmware file names were changed in order for the updater to recognize.  AMP3Pro went dark, no screen; re-flashed AMP3Pro firmware and brought everything back. Nothing to worry about.
I don't have Studio or V now. According to a respected Chinese erji net member, Studio V firmware can be used on Studio, and he can not hear the difference; Studio will lost radio function when Studio V firmware was used.
I am not interested enough to port Studio firmware to AMP3 (I am also too rusty on computer language now).
**Note**
Although it almost never happen: the worst thing is, your computer may not recognize the Sigmatel chip; download a Sigmatel chip driver, your computer will recognize it again. (It is really not that a big deal; don't be panic.)

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #248 of 830
I just wanted to say that I've been enjoying the Studio-V I purchased in December. I've only listened to Westone 4 and D2000 on the DAP, but both sound excellent with a roomy stage. I'm not sure if that is the device or more of the fact that I came from a Cowon D2+, but in either case, it does the trick for me.

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #249 of 830
Does it have the same firmware as the other models?  I would really like to know if it searches the internal and external memory when you shuffle.  Are you still forced to only be able to shuffle one folder at a time instead of every track on the SD card and internal memory?

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #250 of 830
Does it have the same firmware as the other models?  I would really like to know if it searches the internal and external memory when you shuffle.  Are you still forced to only be able to shuffle one folder at a time instead of every track on the SD card and internal memory?

On the initial startup if you select now playing it will allow you to play all songs from both internal and external memory. Just enable random and it will shuffle your music. BTW love the V :).

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #251 of 830
I'll have my V sometime in the next few weeks, cant wait to review it.  Placed the order earlier but wont be able to hear it for a while, on a business trip and won't be back for a little while T_T

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #253 of 830
i have been using the studio v since christmas, and i am ready to pass to someone else to play with. the sound is great, the interface is crap. Let me know if you want to take mine off my hands, all the original box, packaging, headphones (un opened). Give you a chance to test one out for half price. drop me an email at zerafa@sbcglobal.net if you want to give it a good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back