Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Jul 4, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #46 of 830
I really, really like this player... :)

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #47 of 830
erm why would they say its a class A if its not?  what would they have to gain by doing so?

sales? misleading marketing sells very well in audio :)

>Hot debates are still going over Chinese forums - it has been disastrous, and very ugly.

link plz. Athough if some someone who can tell whether the opamp is biased into class a had a look at it and said it's not I'd write it off.
I suppose the debate could be very simple - there is no way in hell it could be class-a and get 60h or whatever the claimed battery life is :D

Jul 6, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #49 of 830
I have one on the way.
biggrin.gif
Super excited from what I've read about this.

Jul 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #51 of 830

Quote:
Nice, hope you enjoy it, I certainly am! 
biggrin.gif

Well it's a review sample, so I'm not sure if I'll have to return it or not. (I really, really hope not from reading all this)

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #52 of 830
I got mine from a review sample (from HiSound Audio) personally and they said I could keep it. Then again, after reviewing their earphones they said I was a very good "audiophile" and loved my reviews.

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #53 of 830

Quote:
I got mine from a review sample (from HiSound Audio) personally and they said I could keep it. Then again, after reviewing their earphones they said I was a very good "audiophile" and loved my reviews.

Awesome, hopefully they'll do the same with me.

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #54 of 830
Did you get yours from HiSound Audio yourself? I'm making a video First Look on it soon. Hehe.

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #55 of 830

Quote:
Did you get yours from HiSound Audio yourself? I'm making a video First Look on it soon. Hehe.

Yeah, I talked to Jack Fu about it. He's mailing it next week I think.

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #56 of 830

Quote:
Yeah, I talked to Jack Fu about it. He's mailing it next week I think.

Ah, nice, enjoy it. Good luck with the firmware installs. Still can't figure how to do it on a Mac, going to try and boot it from Windows. Without a firmware installed, it's very neutral which makes it ideal as a reference player and a good source for reviewing headphones and earphones.

Jul 7, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #57 of 830

Quote:
Ah, nice, enjoy it. Good luck with the firmware installs. Still can't figure how to do it on a Mac, going to try and boot it from Windows. Without a firmware installed, it's very neutral which makes it ideal as a reference player and a good source for reviewing headphones and earphones.

I'm guessing asking Hisoundaudio didn't help? I've actually been looking for a neutral DAP to test out, because every other DAP I've had other than my iPod has been very warm.

Jul 7, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #58 of 830

Somebody just opened, to look inside for us: The Studio uses the Sigmatel 3770 as both its main chip and dac, this chip is used quite often in Chinese MP3 players, normally in the mid price range mp3 players.
I am curios how this will compare to Sansa Clip+ Rockbox and the upcoming Fiio X3.
Follow the link:
http://mp4nation.net/blog/2010/03/hisoundaudio-studio-disection-and-impressions/
Quote:
Quite curious to see what's inside too, as I'm planning to buy one very soon. I'd prefer spending my money on a "really" upgraded HS Studio.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #59 of 830
A few asked for inner photos.
Studio photos are at first and second pages of the link (Posted: 2011-06-13).
http://erji.net/read.php?tid=1062797&fpage=1&toread=&page=1

Hisound had another player AMP3 Pro, there is a comparison photo at page 146. (The lower photo was Studio, taken from the first page of that thread; the upper photo was AMP3 Pro, if my memory serves me right, dfkt (at anything but ipod) used it in one post.)
http://erji.net/read.php?tid=1062797&fpage=1&toread=&page=146

Users who are viewing this thread

Back