Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
May 17, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #766 of 830
For me it takes around 15 hours to charge fully from total drain and this is using the accompanying 1 amp charger........

Yes I use the wall charger. But I just made sure to use a 500 mAH charger in hopes the battery will last longer including longevity and longer battery life. As Spkrs mentioned it can take a very long time from full drain and I don't intend on leaving my PC on all day or night to just charge a DAP lol. So I use my mini surge protector which has usb charge ports on it rated at 500 mAH. So it works perfectly to PC USB specs. I'll generally charge while sleeping. From now on I'll charge it when its on 1 or 2 bars.

Thanks guys.

I think what spkrs and Lee said has reassured me this is normal behaviour. Now I can rest I'm not over charging the battery.

May 17, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #767 of 830
Quote:
Yes I use the wall charger. But I just made sure to use a 500 mAH charger in hopes the battery will last longer including longevity and longer battery life. As Spkrs mentioned it can take a very long time from full drain and I don't intend on leaving my PC on all day or night to just charge a DAP lol. So I use my mini surge protector which has usb charge ports on it rated at 500 mAH. So it works perfectly to PC USB specs. I'll generally charge while sleeping. From now on I'll charge it when its on 1 or 2 bars.

My motherboard feeds power to USB ports even when the computer isn't on :wink:

May 17, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #768 of 830
Quote:
Mark, I loved your review and share much of the same excitement surrounding this player, it sounds absolutely fantastic.

I have a question for members/V owners.

I am curious how long members can report their Studio V's taking to charge from either dead flat or half full?

thank you

as or the battery, it does seem to take a bit of time to charge but i slap on and leave over night when charging so cant say id really know other than when ive forgotten to charge and i want it.

May 20, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #772 of 830
Hello!
I am the owner of the player HiSoundAudio Studio V. Firmware is Studio-V DYNAMIC 20111223. The problem is that the player does not store the play, but rather in the settings I choose "Random Play" tracks, but after restarting the player tracks played in the "normal."
How can I fix this? To configure preserved when power is turned on?

May 20, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #773 of 830
Wiser I'm sorry to say I don't think there is a way to preserve the settings. Hisound never did fix this in an update which is a shame. I do hope they really address these niggles in the future release as the UI is really the stickler for them and keeping this player from being a very good product. If they can address the UI issues and the remaining hiss I think they will go far.

May 23, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #776 of 830
Dropped mine, well accidentally threw mine onto a concrete floor. No screen, lights on , no response, reset with pin, job done! Working perfectly.

This thing is built like a tank, I feared the worst , it bounced on the floor a few times !

Jun 1, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #778 of 830
Thought I'd pop back in to say, I charged my Studio V with 1/2 battery yesterday. It took roughly 6 hours to fully charge (from 1/2)

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #779 of 830
Quote:
Dropped mine, well accidentally threw mine onto a concrete floor. No screen, lights on , no response, reset with pin, job done! Working perfectly.

This thing is built like a tank, I feared the worst , it bounced on the floor a few times !

did it dent the concrete?

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #780 of 830
General comments about mark2410's review style:

Pros:
  1. Good product selection (ie., when compared to plethora of new junk released, mark2410 grabs the real goodies)
  2. Good photography

Cons:
  1. No bulleted intro/summary -- important info like price, main features, dimensions, and manuf. web links should be FIRST -- in bullets -- and later expanded in that order later (see 1, 2 below)
  2. Too long (see 1, 2 below)
  3. Not written/stylized for the web (web folks don't read long paras, they scan) -- i.e., layout not ideal (see 1, 2 below)
  4. No description of technical guts (topology, DAC chips, opamps, decoder used)
  5. No internal photos of products

Refs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back