Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Oct 19, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #511 of 1,483

lol while it is not the most ideal situation or even solution. I can live with 32 GB cards. I used 64 GB cards but I felt there was a decrease in sound quality so I reverted back to 32 and sold off my 64 GB cards.

Huh???  Why for you think sound quality decreased?
blink.gif

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #512 of 1,483
  Huh???  Why for you think sound quality decreased?
blink.gif

I could just hear it. For some reason songs on the 64 GB card sounded constrained in comparison. This was also tested on the AK120 going back to back with the same files. I used specific songs that I know like the back of my hand and made it very easy to tell. The hisound players were harder to test this with but I could also tell a slight difference. Even with WAV. That is why I only use WAV on both players besides some mp3 here and there that I can't get in full quality. Most won't hear a difference though or not find it worth the gains of sacrificing storage space. I'm all for more storage but if it means degrading my sound then I won't opt for it. Otherwise I could have just stuck with a Sansa. :).

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #513 of 1,483
Heh, RGR.  I tried different file formats and I used smaller cards at first till I got the 64GB and did not hear a difference with my x10's (other than when I went from 192 V0 mp3 to flac that is).  Maybe when I get my new CIEM's I will be able to hear it.  (UE7 Pro's and JH Roxanne's are both on the way after auditioning them at CanJam).  We will see.

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #515 of 1,483
  Heh, RGR.  I tried different file formats and I used smaller cards at first till I got the 64GB and did not hear a difference with my x10's (other than when I went from 192 V0 mp3 to flac that is).  Maybe when I get my new CIEM's I will be able to hear it.  (UE7 Pro's and JH Roxanne's are both on the way after auditioning them at CanJam).  We will see.

All of the above was tested on the 1Plus2.

Oct 20, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #517 of 1,483
lol while it is not the most ideal situation or even solution. I can live with 32 GB cards. I used 64 GB cards but I felt there was a decrease in sound quality so I reverted back to 32 and sold off my 64 GB cards.

Head Fi Gold that post.

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #521 of 1,483
There's no gapless playback either!

I have to say I am appalled at the state of the software driving this device.

Considering the example Apple have set with a UI that just works I can't quite believe how cumbersome and useless this is and the suggestions on this thread are all fine but are just covering up the inadequecies which need to be addressed by Hisound Audio. In this day and age should we really be deleting system folders and splitting mp3 collections across multiple memory cards? Performing convoluted button press combinations to update the firmware? I don't think so.

There is no point getting the hardware right if you're not going to spend some time getting the software right too because ultimately no one - or at least hardly anyone - will buy your product and you will go out of business.

This feels like a first stage beta product that's not fit for consumers and I hope that the people at HSA are going to do something about it....

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #523 of 1,483
Just rip your albums as a single track... Then gap less becomes a non issue.. Works for me since i only ever listen to albums . Not into random since i want to listen to what my mood dictates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back