Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Oct 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #481 of 1,483
Go to Hisoundaudio's site and download the Studio DT firmware. I don't recall is it's zipped but you should start with an unzipped folder.

Hit the reset in the hole on the top between the jacks and don't mess with any buttons until you're ready to hook up to your PC. When you're ready, hold the up button and only the up button constantly before and during plugging into your PC usb port until recognized with a beep. Once it's recognized, release the up button. All this should be done within 15 sec or so. Open the updater from the download (file with speaker picture), and it will find your unit. Once it does, it will also appear in 'my computer'. do a fast format. Once formatted, start the updater until complete and then remove like any drive. 

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #482 of 1,483
Hello all. I'm sure that this question could be answered if I just peruse the thread a bit more, but I figure a reply wouldn't hurt either. I'm having several issues with my player. As some have noted, my buttons are sticking, the battery doesn't last long, and I feel the sound has mellowed out negatively. I definitely want these issues taken care of. Is the best way to resolve them to send the players to hisound? If so, could anybody explain to me how to do so correctly?

Hisound will recommend individually pressing down each menu button very firmly for a short amount of time to negate the effects of the bloating Lion battery. This eventually fixed my problem, but the bloating slowly returns and you have to repeat the process. It's more of a band aid than anything really because this means the battery's life has been compromised- most likely due to QC.

Oct 12, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #483 of 1,483
Ordered my Studio 3rd yesterday and it arrived today, amazing service! And the price was too low to quote here, thank you Hisound UK. Highly recommended

I will do a detailed comparison with older black Studio, something I cant find here already.

First impression is that its lighter in the hand than the old one, a little quieter too.
The sound is great, smoother but more detailed.
It reminds me of a more powerful Nova N3
, this is straight out of the box and with DT1350s

Oct 13, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #485 of 1,483
Definitely don't, will weigh later.

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #487 of 1,483
Big thanks to goodvibes and H20Fidelity for pointing out the Etymotic Er4 as a good companion to the HS Studio! I'm really digging this pairing and I'm loving my Studio 3ANV more than ever! 

I will start looking for a back up STUDIO, because I would die if something happened to it! I WOULD NOT WANT TO BE WITHOUT MY STUDIO FOR ONE DAY!!!

Oct 15, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #488 of 1,483
  Big thanks to goodvibes and H20Fidelity for pointing out the Etymotic Er4 as a good companion to the HS Studio! I'm really digging this pairing and I'm loving my Studio 3ANV more than ever! 

I will start looking for a back up STUDIO, because I would die if something happened to it! I WOULD NOT WANT TO BE WITHOUT MY STUDIO FOR ONE DAY!!!

Looks like treal will have a brand new one up for grabs soon :wink:. Been really enjoying mine with the SE5 as of late :).

Oct 15, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #490 of 1,483
I kinda wish we had somebody modding these things to maybe bring down the noise floor...
rolleyes.gif

I know companies like CEntrance (for example), offer mods for their dac/amps to deal with similar things. It would be cool if Hisound did such things, but then again, shipping to China wouldn't really be optimal.

Oct 15, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #491 of 1,483
  I kinda wish we had somebody modding these things to maybe bring down the noise floor...
rolleyes.gif

I know companies like CEntrance (for example), offer mods for their dac/amps to deal with similar things. It would be cool if Hisound did such things, but then again, shipping to China wouldn't really be optimal.

Maybe Vinnie could mod them :wink:.

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #493 of 1,483
I'm actually considering the older version and saving some cash. I doubt hiss will be much of a problem with my ety 75ohm adapter, and I also tend to use it while at my desk with full size cans with an amp.

Glad you enjoy it!

2nd edition Studio V will not hiss with ER4S or using the 75ohm adapter, perfectly silent and inherits a nice dark background I might add.

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #494 of 1,483
Hi All,

First time poster here and owner of a brand new Studio V 3rd Anniversary edition, bought based on the reviews I read on here.

So this comes with the DT-DYNAMIC 2013.01.15 firmware preinstalled which I guess means I am on the latest version although I am somewhat confused after reading many posts on here and not entriely sure. The HiSoundAudio website is of little use unless you understand Chinese which I don't and the slightly comical instructions are not specific to the device.

I have a 64GB class 10 Sandisk SDXC card formatted in FAT32 and loaded with approximately 58GB of music.

Gripe no. 1 - every time I turn the player on I get a message saying 'Initializing CMI Please Wait' which lasts for roughly 5 minutes. This happens each time I turn the thing on even though I have made no changes to the contents of the memory card. Is this right?

Gripe no. 2  - so it finishes doing its thing and I'm ready to listen to some music. I browse my folders using the Resource Manager and if I go to a particular album the songs are in a different order even though they are named 01-.....mp3, 02-.....mp3 etc. Again is this right and is there anyway around this at all? I mean it is 2013 and I've got a problem with the sort order of files?? It seems to be sorting by date modified rather than name but who would actually want it this way? Surely there must be a way to change the way it sorts?

I knew the UI wasn't the best having read several reviews but this is completely laughable. I have a lot of dance mixes so listening to them out of sequence is not an option for me. Coming from an iPod Touch I must say I'm surprised by how basic it is.

I really hope that there are solutions to these gripes otherwise I think I'm going to have to return it, despite the awesome quality of the sound it produces.

thanks

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #495 of 1,483
Usually the card will initialise once when you boot after adding files for a decent amount of time, and sometimes a second time on the second boot, however after that your player should boot in around 60 seconds. Try hooking it up to PC and deleting the 'system' folder on the internal memory, eject and power on allowing the data base to rebuild.

Your files within a folder also should be in order, I've not heard of a studio doing that before, other audiophile players yes but not the studio on the firmware I'm using.

The main rule with a studio v is to delete the 'system' folder whenever you change cards, or some like to after adding a bulk amount of folders, if you dont the player gets caught in an initialising loop. Might also be you have dirty tags which need a quick once over clean, especially if they were tagged with iTunes which adds a lot
of crap to your tracks. You can use a free program called mp3tag to clean them.

Start by deleting the system folder and go from there. That's all I have, hopefully Lee or goodvibes can chime in, pretty sure it's just some minor work arounds needed though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back