Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Dec 24, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #31 of 1,483
Quote:
I think this unit may change your mind about break in. There's also BTN in the settings menu. Try disabled. It may just take some time to get it's flavor. Which Galaxy s? Before the intrnational s3, they had quite high output impedance.

I prefer btn on :wink:. More intimacy in the mids and I think a more intimate sound stage as well. Really really enjoying the Studio V 3rd ANV on the new 1Plus2 IEMs. Very very good pairing. Lieing down listening to it was too much of a distraction lol. Couldn't fall asleep so had to turn it off :p.

Dec 25, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #32 of 1,483
Definitely a preference thing but somethin all should try.
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #33 of 1,483
Well after reading this review I took the Plunge and placed an order for the Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition. I am excited to get my hands on this unit.

Thanks for the good review.

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #39 of 1,483
Man this player is buggy. It takes about 10 minutes to initialize after I load tracks onto it. I also need to carry around a paper clip in case I need to reset it because it freezes. I also need to delete a system folder each time I unplug it from the computer, other wise it won't recognise the songs on my sd card.The sound is ok, but I can't believe they would charge 500 bucks for such an unreliable product.

PS. I agree this is one of the better sounding DAPs I own, but I think my iHifi 812 V2 , and my Cowon D3 running digital audio through my Fiio E17 are better.

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #40 of 1,483
Quote:
I prefer btn on :wink:. More intimacy in the mids and I think a more intimate sound stage as well. Really really enjoying the Studio V 3rd ANV on the new 1Plus2 IEMs. Very very good pairing. Lieing down listening to it was too much of a distraction lol. Couldn't fall asleep so had to turn it off :p.

I didn't recognize a difference with the btn settings, except for the button "beep" being audible or not. I think that's what the btn setting does.

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #42 of 1,483
Hello all,

Just got my Studio V 3rd aniv a day or so ago and so far so good.  Like the form factor.  Will be nice for road trips and at the office.  Menu is easy to navigate.  Even found the manual useful (could have had bigger print for my old eyes) but I could read it.  Have tested out a few different file formats and it seems like them all (mp3, wav, flac).  I followed the recommendations here for the tags and such.
Will be testing a 64 gig card full as soon as I fill it.  Put music on the internal storage and it functiosn fine.

Sound is also very good.  We will see if I can live with out the EQ functiosn I am used to on other devices.  But, so far it is OK.  Drives my HD650 fine.  Will be testing it with my x10's, 325i's and HM50 this weekend.

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #43 of 1,483
I've been meaning to do a review of this unit but I have a hard time getting it to read my sd cards.  I convert all my files to wav and throw some mp3's in there as well but for some reason it won't read half of my files and sometimes none at all.  It's so annoying that I just don't use the thing.  I've erased and reformatted the sd cards to fat32 several times and I get the same thing every time.  The sd cards work fine on my DX100 so not sure if I have a defective unit all of a sudden.  Will keep working to find a fix but when it works, it sounds great.  

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #44 of 1,483
Have you gone through the tag setup guide?
Found here:
http://www.head-fi.org/a/mp3tag-setup-guide

Might help? I have used my 64 gig card but only with some test samples (about 25 songs in flac and vbr mp3).

Still have filling the card for the full plunge.  We'll see.

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #45 of 1,483
Quote:
Have you gone through the tag setup guide?
Found here:
http://www.head-fi.org/a/mp3tag-setup-guide

Might help? I have used my 64 gig card but only with some test samples (about 25 songs in flac and vbr mp3).

Still have filling the card for the full plunge.  We'll see.

I haven't tried it yet.  I'm pretty lazy when it comes to tagging all my music.  I have tuneup which I believe does the same thing so I'll give it a shot.  Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back