Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Aug 20, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #1,216 of 1,483

I wouldn't want to go through technician here in NY after their attempt to fix it, it costs alot more than you could imagine after i did one. For the safety of this player, it needs to go directly to the ones who made it, they have a better understanding of inner boards.
I honestly want to sell it off right now after having HDP R10, the unit has been replaced to look like new again, but it seems that they couldn't identify the problem with jack, if i remembered correctly they didn't find anything damaged with the board itself so i guess the problem comes directly from the glued output jack.

I see that you're selling this on eBay. Can you tell potential buyers how this final issue was resolved?

Aug 20, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #1,217 of 1,483

Hmm well if you did add a bunch of tracks without deleting the system folder on the internal memory it can cause loading problems. I've had it happen before where I added a bunch of stuff and had to delete the system folder to get it to stop scanning indefinitely. But you said you deleted the system folder so I don't understand that.

I actually deleted the system folder again yesterday morning and the player worked, go figure. Of course I forgot it at home this morning, but will get the V3 at lunch and see if it is still working.

I looked and found an album in Ape format and removed it, also cleaned the tags further and so far it has been working fine today.

Aug 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,218 of 1,483

I actually deleted the system folder again yesterday morning and the player worked, go figure. Of course I forgot it at home this morning, but will get the V3 at lunch and see if it is still working.

I looked and found an album in Ape format and removed it, also cleaned the tags further and so far it has been working fine today.

Interestingly my player will not recognize the 64gig sdxc card any longer(it was intermittent before I guess), but I can put in my 16gig sdxc from my Sansa Clipzip and the player reads it fine. I cannot remember, but does the Studio V 3rd have a maximum amount of files that it can read? If not I guess I will reformat the card. What reformatting software are you guys using these days?

Aug 27, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #1,219 of 1,483

Interestingly my player will not recognize the 64gig sdxc card any longer(it was intermittent before I guess), but I can put in my 16gig sdxc from my Sansa Clipzip and the player reads it fine. I cannot remember, but does the Studio V 3rd have a maximum amount of files that it can read? If not I guess I will reformat the card. What reformatting software are you guys using these days?

The card must be formatted in FAT32, otherwise it will not work. I use GUI format.

Aug 27, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #1,220 of 1,483

The card must be formatted in FAT32, otherwise it will not work. I use GUI format.

Right, that is how it was formatted before, it just suddenly stopped working with the Studio V. I will use the GUI format at home. I erased everything off the card and only left 3 albums and it was still not working. I bet after it is reformatted it will be fine.

Aug 27, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #1,221 of 1,483
Did you delete the system folder from the device?  That sometimes clears issues.  You could also try reformatting the internal memory.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #1,222 of 1,483

Right, that is how it was formatted before, it just suddenly stopped working with the Studio V. I will use the GUI format at home. I erased everything off the card and only left 3 albums and it was still not working. I bet after it is reformatted it will be fine.

The card could be going bad and acting up intermittently. Just a guess.

Aug 28, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #1,223 of 1,483

The card could be going bad and acting up intermittently. Just a guess.

You know I thought that was the case, but this morning I pressed the center button with the other SDXC card installed(this card has been working) and it would play the HISound Do Music or whatever that it displays in the beginning and then it would shut off(this was after a full charge). I had to press the button two more times and then it suddenly read the card. I think that the SD card slot is going actually. I have been talking to Jack Fu and that is also what he mentioned. Looking back, I believe that this player has had this from day one, and I looked past it as it having buggy firmware. I think that my unit has always been defective unfortunately. I really don't want to send it back to china because of the cost and the problems that people have had with it getting stuck in customs. This is the only player I have that can push my full size headphones adequately. I apologize for all the posts about this but that is what I do for a living, computer tech support(almost 15 years) and I do not like giving up.

Aug 28, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #1,224 of 1,483
  Did you delete the system folder from the device?  That sometimes clears issues.  You could also try reformatting the internal memory.

Yes, in one of my earlier posts I mentioned that I always delete the system, and playlist folder. I have not reformatted the internal memory in quite some time, but I only have one flac track on it, so I never put files on the internal memory.

edit: I tried shutting it down and it came back with no problem, scanned the files in under a minute.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #1,225 of 1,483
Yes, in one of my earlier posts I mentioned that I always delete the system, and playlist folder. I have not reformatted the internal memory in quite some time, but I only have one flac track on it, so I never put files on the internal memory.

Ok, I do not use the internal memory either, but I have reformatted the device using the recommendations here for larger allocation size.

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #1,228 of 1,483

edit: I tried shutting it down and it came back with no problem, scanned the files in under a minute.

Ah. Sometimes you just had to suck it up and send it back. If you are worried about the battery consider removing it before shipping to resolve that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back