Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Aug 10, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #1,172 of 1,483
  You could kill a guy with the little brick and it and it would still work.
wink_face.gif

lol

Aug 10, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #1,174 of 1,483
I just bought Worm's RoCoo to complete my rotation. Wanted something smaller to keep around with the A3. Studio V will go on sale. If anyone needs a multi purpose weapon, let me know.

Good on ya mate, miss my Rocco sometimes, I've even considered buying it back from the owner as they liked the BA so much they only bought mine as a backup.

Aug 10, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #1,175 of 1,483
Why is it that whenever you sell something, you take a last listen before sending it off, the damned thing sounds so good!?
tongue.gif

I'm listening to the BA with an old set of pink driver Sr225 Grados, which (btw) I never thought to pair up until now, and it sounds damn great together. No amps, no gimmicks, just straight up simple caveman dap and headphones, sheesh, I swear we over think this stuff sometimes!
confused_face.gif

That's ok though, I'm keeping the 3A in case, I get mugged!

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,176 of 1,483
Why is it that whenever you sell something, you take a last listen before sending it off, the damned thing sounds so good!?:p

I'm listening to the BA with an old set of pink driver Sr225 Grados, which (btw) I never thought to pair up until now, and it sounds damn great together. No amps, no gimmicks, just straight up simple caveman dap and headphones, sheesh, I swear we over think this stuff sometimes!:confused_face:

That's ok though, I'm keeping the 3A in case, I get mugged!

I don't do that, when I plan to sell something (or especially once sold) I pack it up and put it in a draw, save myself the pain. :wink:

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #1,179 of 1,483
I don't do that, when I plan to sell something (or especially once sold) I pack it up and put it in a draw, save myself the pain.
wink.gif

Ah, wise words my friend, but apparently I have no self control!
biggrin.gif

Finally got my hands on these through another audiophile here. any idea where to get the latest firmwares for it? the website only has two but not sure how to use them. thanks!

Check which FW you have in settings. If it's version
DT-DYNAMIC
leave it be.

^^yup!  go to settings, click on it, then go all the way down to "Ver Infor" (version information). Click on it, and it'll display which firmware is currently installed.

Aug 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #1,180 of 1,483
  hey guys! so has anybody came across a dac that sounds like the Studio 3A? it can be a desktop dac, dac/amp, anything!?

popcorn.gif
just curious!

Yes, there is a Cube c30 player that shares a lot of same electronics and even the user menu and their sound signature is very similar - in fact, with some settings finely tuned (eq -2,-1,0,-1+2) it sounds very, very similar. Only difference is when playing mp3 files, as it sounds not to good - but FLACs with user settings - man, its like two siblings. And it cost less then $20 which is good.

Aug 14, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #1,181 of 1,483
Yes, there is a Cube c30 player that shares a lot of same electronics and even the user menu and their sound signature is very similar - in fact, with some settings finely tuned (eq -2,-1,0,-1+2) it sounds very, very similar. Only difference is when playing mp3 files, as it sounds not to good - but FLACs with user settings - man, its like two siblings. And it cost less then $20 which is good.

Do you know where we can get a Cube C30 these days? I remember being told about it once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back