Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Dec 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #781 of 1,483
He also has a BA. Actually purchased both his units from me. He was a non-believer before and gave me a lot of **** before he experienced the magic for himself though lol :wink:.

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #782 of 1,483
He also has a BA. Actually purchased both his units from me. He was a non-believer before and gave me a lot of **** before he experienced the magic for himself though lol
wink.gif

Good ol' Lee, always making up stories.
wink.gif

He's correct though, I purchased both my Rocco BA and 3RD Anv from Lee. 
smile.gif

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #783 of 1,483
Good ol' Lee, always making up stories. :wink:

He's correct though, I purchased both my Rocco BA and 3RD Anv from Lee. :smile:  

He also purchased a camera and likes to widdle the time away taking nice pics of his earphones and players. H2O is so hardcore when it comes to this hobby :)

Dec 12, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #784 of 1,483
He also purchased a camera and likes to widdle the time away taking nice pics of his earphones and players. H2O is so hardcore when it comes to this hobby
smily_headphones1.gif

Indeed I did purchase a camera, I think it's a great way to keep a  log of the hobby in general and capture the gear as it comes/goes moves onwards. I wish I had of done so when I first started and not used my phone. 

From what I've seen though the Studio Annie coming to me has been mistreated a little thanks to Lee's not so gentle man handling,  we'll need to catch it at the right angles and maybe spot touch it a little.

Dec 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #785 of 1,483
I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but once in a while when my Studio V 3rd Anv. is playing some very slight distortion will come over the left ear, regardless of what headphones\iems I am using. I want to point out that this happens when the unit is sitting safely at my work desk, not on the move. This is different than the issue where the track sometimes stutters at the beginning. I really like the sound of this unit, but some of its' idiosyncrasies are really annoying at times and takes me out of the music that I am listening to.

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #786 of 1,483
  I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but once in a while when my Studio V 3rd Anv. is playing some very slight distortion will come over the left ear, regardless of what headphones\iems I am using. I want to point out that this happens when the unit is sitting safely at my work desk, not on the move. This is different than the issue where the track sometimes stutters at the beginning. I really like the sound of this unit, but some of its' idiosyncrasies are really annoying at times and takes me out of the music that I am listening to.

Put your mobile further away:wink: I always have this when it's too close to my iphone 5.

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #788 of 1,483
Hello, I'm thinking about amping my Studio V 3rd with Leckerton UHA-6S MKII and planning to use it with Fitear TG!334's.  I bought the Studio in July and have
been thoroughly enjoying it with my Yuin PK1's, but I'd like to upgrade it to a mindblowing 'permanent set' for the years to come..
I'd like to do something like what Wormsdriver did.

I read somewhere about an HDMS line out setting where the Studio's amp will turn off, so it can be used with the external amp.  
Where can I access this setting? What does HDMS stand for?

I listen mostly listen to classic rock and jazz, and some classical and pop.  
What do you guys think about this pairing?  The reason I want to amp it is to remove the hiss from the sensitive TG!334's.

Help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #789 of 1,483
I don't know exactly what HDMS stands for, but to be honest, I don't think many people would use it. Personally, whenever I do amp the studio, i dial down the volume to 28 as (to me anyways) sounds better than maxing out the volume at 31.

To access this setting. go to settings > scroll down to HDMS and press it > then press enable to enable it.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT ALL HDMS IS DOING IS ESSENTIALLY RAISING THE VOLUME ALL THE WAY UP TO 31 AND LOCKING THE VOLUME THERE.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR HEADPHONES PLUGGED IN WHILE DOING THIS BECAUSE IT WILL GIVE YOU THE SCARE OF A LIFETIME! SERIOUSLY!

EDIT: I have no experience with leckerton amps, but I've read good things about them. I'm personally very interested in their new amp thats coming out very soon (or maybe already did?). The crossfeed feature has my attention!
popcorn.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #790 of 1,483
Weird.. I don't have HDMS under settings.
I guess it's not that useful if it only raises the volume to max, but thanks for clearing things up.

Also, may I ask where you got your mini to mini cable? I'm looking for a quality connecter with short length and right angle plugs.

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #791 of 1,483
The setting is rather pointless I gain much better results amping setting the volume to 28/31 like above. It's like a sweet spot, any higher stats introducing distortion.

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #792 of 1,483
Having tried my third with various amps like Voyager, 02, E07 and E17 I think it sounds better without an external amp, an amp changes the sound but does not improve it

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #793 of 1,483
Having tried my third with various amps like Voyager, 02, E07 and E17 I think it sounds better without an external amp, an amp changes the sound but does not improve it

Your opinion on amping is very much the same as Lee's. 

If you read back over the pages I only amp my (2nd Edition) to take away the hiss. I too prefer it unamped if the synergy is right. however I disagree on the bolded section as like we've spoken about pages back I do hear advantages and disadvantages to amping. Areas like soundstage are improved and the layering with the amps I've tried. the mids to become recessed though which is kind of another reason I avoid it. I always feel like I'm doing the wrong thing amping my Studio, however if you have heard the hiss that can occur with certain IEM's it will honestly almost drive you up the wall, it becomes so distracting a little like sibilance keeps grabbing you're attention, for that amping can be an absolute life saver!

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #794 of 1,483
Dec 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #795 of 1,483

Your opinion on amping is very much the same as Lee's. 

If you read back over the pages I only amp my (2nd Edition) to take away the hiss. I too prefer it unamped if the synergy is right. however I disagree on the bolded section as like we've spoken about pages back I do hear advantages and disadvantages to amping. Areas like soundstage are improved and the layering with the amps I've tried. the mids to become recessed though which is kind of another reason I avoid it. I always feel like I'm doing the wrong thing amping my Studio, however if you have heard the hiss that can occur with certain IEM's it will honestly almost drive you up the wall, it becomes so distracting a little like sibilance keeps grabbing you're attention, for that amping can be an absolute life saver!

I also use it mostly unamped. 

When I do amp it, I use the Meier Quickstep. Its great at reducing hiss with my jh13, and does an excellent job also with my Mad Dogs and Rs1i's at giving them more proper weight to the bass. 

EDIT: Actually, I just tried it right now with the Mad Dogs, and the Quickstep with the 15V regulated battery supply to the Quickstep and the amp sounds wonderfully transparent. It sounds just like the studio, but doing a better job at driving the headphones, it sounds more effortless, the details are more easily heard, bass is better defined, not artificially enhanced by any means.

Overall, I love the Studio as a source. By itself or amped, I always find it just right. Always natural, musical. Never harsh or unnatural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back