Hisoundaudio Studio showing "no file" when using Micro SD
Aug 14, 2012 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

coco73

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Have a correctly formatted micro SD card with a bunch of MP3s on it in folders.

When i insert it into the Studio it briefly flashes a message about initiating card or something like that but then when i try to navigate to the files the player just says "no file"

it's a 32gb class 6 card with about 5gb of music on it. What's going wrong?

Thanks,

Nick

Aug 14, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #4 of 15
mine does this on FLACs, I find rebooting the Studio-V fixes it.

Aug 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #6 of 15
Still no joy here, can see and play the files from the memory card when inserted into PC but can't even "see" it when it's in the Studio (connected via USB) just get a message saying "please insert disk" when i view from explorer or "no file" when I try to navigate to it using the player itself - is it broken????

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
Still no joy here, can see and play the files from the memory card when inserted into PC but can't even "see" it when it's in the Studio (connected via USB) just get a message saying "please insert disk" when i view from explorer or "no file" when I try to navigate to it using the player itself - is it broken????

the problem that i encountered was similar but not exactly the same and i was using rocoo p and not studio.

The first time i used my 16gb microSD card, my unit 'hanged' and failed to finish the 'CMI initialization ..' process.  After a reset, my unit can't recognize anymore the contents of whatever card i inset.  I always get a bunch of 'unknown' folders and artist folders but with no files inside those.  Did a reset a number of times and reformatting of microSD cards but didn't work. 

Someone recommended that I delete the 'system' folder after connecting the unit to the PC. And then doing a restart after disconnecting.  That solved my problem.  So it seems that the 'system' folder might have been 'corrupted' and deleting it forced the unit to re-create a healthy system folder.  This is just pure speculation on my part.

Aug 15, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #11 of 15
come on dood. follow aces84's advice. that method works if you haven't done it yet

1. connect your dap to the computer, if it is detected, good. if it doesnt get detected. stop and go to customer service
2. if your computer detects your dap, search inside your dap for a folder called "system" folder
3. delete the system folder OR cut the folder to your desktop
4. disconnect dap from computer
5. reboot dap

your problems should be fixed after rebooting since the dap will recreate the files from the system folder so that it will perform a "reset software" and that should get rid of your sd card problems.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #13 of 15
 i had to go the the window media player...
connect the studioV...once it is recognised, then i load the songs via the media player.

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #14 of 15
I'm also having this problem with my Rocoo P. I've been using it for a couple of months but suddenly i'm getting "no-file" warnings. My micro SD card contains 40 Flac albums, but my rocoo P player doesn't seem to find anything, even still when i have deleted the SYSTEM folder i would get the "no-file" warning. I have used the reset button multiple times but no good resulting. I have even used several micro SD cards all diffferent classes, but none of them seem to work. Does anybody have a clue what to do??? 

Sep 2, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #15 of 15
Hi,

I had the same problem 3 days ago.

Below is what i did.

1. Download the firmware, unzip and save to any folder in your computer.

2. Remove your micro sd card from the player.

3. Backup your music folder in the player to your computer (very important as you will copy your music file back to your player).

4. In the folder of your firware, there is a program, StUpdaterApp_4MIN.exe, doubl click to activate the program.

5. Connect your player to the usb port of your computer and press the middle butten of your player, once you see the RoCoo and quickly press the upper butten (this will activate the player's usb port.

6. Then go to your program that you activated before, you will see the program will detect your player.

7. Choose format the memory of the player and press start.

It works for me.

I hope the above helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back