Hisound Studio & RoCoo Firmware Files
Apr 23, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #121 of 144
My understanding is that Dynamic 20111123 is the most reccomended firmware for Studio V 3ANV (mostly due to the bugs?).

Is there any sonic difference between BA and Dynamic version of the firmware 20111123? If yes, can someone please post short description of those differences? Thanks in advance.

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #123 of 144
  Lower gain and less noise in BA. BA doesn't sonicly meld as well for the A3 which is quiet enough for most as well so dynamic is recommended. All the FWs for various models with that date function equally well for both Rocoo and Studio.

Agreed. I only tried it in the Studio V though, since I like the 3A and Rocoo BA as is.

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #124 of 144
What other firmware can I try for Rocoo P?  Will (& which ) studio versions work?  Can I use Rocoo BA for improved sound with IEMs?

I use predominantly with in-ear earphones. 

Thanks.

May 6, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #125 of 144
Hi guys,

I own a Hisound Roccoo BA from several years ago. I recall the sound from this DAP was excellent. Is this still supported with firmware etc as the last time I tried to use it it was playing up so I need to refresh the firmware?

thanks

May 8, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #126 of 144
Hi, have you tried searching the threads here?

May 8, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #127 of 144
Hi, have you tried searching the threads here?

sure have.  I've searched all the relevant threads. My Rocoo BA is saying "Repair and Format" but won't either repair or format, just crashes. I've found the old firmware links and downloaded and tried this such as described here :
http://www.head-fi.org/t/587884/hisound-studio-rocoo-firmware-files

I've got the same problem as described here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/607258/hisoundaudio-rocoo-ba-superior-hi-fi-player-for-ciems-iems/105#post_8423392

I've shot an email to Hisound audio as well ie service@hisoundaudio.com
Is Jack still on the picture supporting these DAPs?

May 10, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #128 of 144
Just to be clear. With the unit off, hold down the up button while connecting to your PC. Do not release the button until you hear the device sound. You won't yet see it. Open the installer program ('RoCoo-D Power 20111223固件). It should show up in 'my computer' when the installer finds it. Quick format the drive at defaults. Start the installer and properly unmount when done. If this doesn't work, I'd look for an issue in device manager. If it shows up with a flag as an unknown device etc., throw out the driver and try again....or find a safe point to revert to before the issue happened so as to not recognize the Rocoo device driver as known or corrupted.

May 11, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #129 of 144
Hisound firmware updates, how I don't miss those!

May 13, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #131 of 144
  Just to be clear. With the unit off, hold down the up button while connecting to your PC. Do not release the button until you hear the device sound. You won't yet see it. Open the installer program ('RoCoo-D Power 20111223固件). It should show up in 'my computer' when the installer finds it. Quick format the drive at defaults. Start the installer and properly unmount when done. If this doesn't work, I'd look for an issue in device manager. If it shows up with a flag as an unknown device etc., throw out the driver and try again....or find a safe point to revert to before the issue happened so as to not recognize the Rocoo device driver as known or corrupted.

Thanks goodvibes. I have tried exactly what you are describing. I hold down the up bottom while connecting and wait for the device sound. So far so good. But opening the install program "RoCoo-D Power 20111223固件" does not work for me on either my laptop or desktop. I click on the executable file "StUpdaterApp?4MIN" but on my Windows 8.1 laptop it just crashes and says "SDK Example Firmware Updater has stopped working.....Close the programs". Here is a screen capture I uploaded to Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xrb7v2nncppxzn/Rocoo%20BA%20firmwater%20attempt.docx?dl=0

I have tried the same on my Windows 8.1 Desktop PC and also my wife's Windows 7 laptop. It does not work on all three computers. On my wife's Windows 7 laptop it doesn't crash the executable file just doesn't load. The hourglass comes up but then just goes away and nothing happens. The Rocoo BA does not appear in device manager.

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #132 of 144
Dear Studio fellows,

before buying a new DAP I thought I give my braindead Studio Anniversary another flashing try.

After a couple of very frustrating and time cosuming attempts with my Win 8.1 and Win 7 machines I grabbed an old WinXP laptop.

Following the well known procedure from post 1 to the point, to no avail.

In my case, after fiddeling hours with gadgets with no success, I get reckless;

AND the Studio is in working order again.

I altered the procedure just in one step:

Follow post 1 'till step 4,
wait a few second, but don't wait for the 'da-dun', it won't come, start the StUpdaterApp_4MIN.exe.
The flash program initialises the player, just complete the instructions from post 1 and your done.

Feedback of success or failure is wellcome.

Have fun,
superlychee

Edit: minor correction

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #133 of 144
Anybody have a first firmware to HiSound Studio V 3ANV , because I have problem with booting? I searching a first soft, no update.

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #134 of 144
Try to contact hisound to inquire about possible warranty or repair. The issue you may be having iis what I've experienced with a dead unit.

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #135 of 144
Also the studio v 3rd anv is best suited to the firmware used on the second generation units. I think that can be found under Hisound firmwares thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back