Hisound Studio & RoCoo Firmware Files
Aug 9, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #106 of 144
Quote:
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on head-fi.  I've been having problems with my Rocoo P DAP.  Essentially my unit which has the default latest firmware can't read the contents of my microSD cards.  It was fine yesterday reading my 8gb microSD but then i decided to try out my 16Gb card and that caused my unit to hang (in 'initializing CMI' for 5+ minutes) so i decided to do  a reset.  After that reset, the unit can't read any of my cards including the 8GB card.  Whatever card i put in, the unit will just take maybe 5 seconds to read it (which is weird since I know it should take longer than that) and when i go to external media, all i see are 'unknown' folders and some artist folders which doesn't have any file.  What I did was to reformat one of my cards and then insert it without any music in it.  The same 'unknown' folders and the same artist folders showed.  I also tried to insert a card with only 1 album cd with no tags.  Still the same behavior I got. 

I've reset the unit with the card inside and also without the card but I still encounter the same problem.  

Is there anything else i can try to solve this?

Thanks in advance. 

hey bro :p

if your computer can still detect your rocoo-P if you connect it, i suggest to try method below:
1. connect dap to computer
2. delete (or cut to desktop) the "system" folder inside the rocoo-P
3. disconnect dap to computer
4. restart rocoo-P

after reboot, the rocoo-P will recreate the system folder and those "ghost" files should be gone along with it as well. i had similar problems with the studio-V i had before and i just deleted the system folder and the problem fixed afterwards.

HTH

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #107 of 144
Bro dyaems,

it worked :) thanks.

with your studio, were you able to successfully use 16gb cards (class4)?  i read somewhere that the rocoo player requires class 6 cards.  I'm not sure if this is accurate.

Thanks again.

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #111 of 144
I run a Class 4 32 GB scan disk and it works fine

gs1000.gif

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #113 of 144
Okay so I just installed the Dynamic DT on my rocoo BA and either I am crazy and imagining things or it infact I hear a change in SQ in a very positive way! 

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #114 of 144

1. 462 Posts. Joined 1/2010

"Okay so I just installed the Dynamic DT on my rocoo BA and either I am crazy and imagining things or it infact I hear a change in SQ in a very positive way!" 

No, you are not imagining that change... I had exactly the same experience when i made that change...

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #115 of 144
Just wondering, Can the Rocoo P use any firmwares besides itself? I tried dynamic and I couldn't adjust the volume from max.

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #117 of 144
Hmm that's interesting. After I restarted the Rocoo P, the max volume problem disappeared. Well that's good.

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #120 of 144
I have such situation with my Rocoo-A, that my card inside is not working. Device can read it, but I am unable to open it. After choosing card in option, rocoo suspends for a second and opens forlder from built in memory. Do you know how can I solve this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back