Hisound BA100 IEM Appreciation Thread.
Apr 5, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #226 of 240
So just got a pair from taobao for around $30 and well I'm not too impressed and also I have a few doubts if it is legit. Sounds pretty muddy and treble is bit recessed. Got a straight angle plug and nozzle head looks quite a bit different.

Yep - looks a bit suspect. The last thing I would call the BA100 is muddy. Any chance you can return them for a refund - and buy this time from an approved vendor?

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #228 of 240
  Don't think so, used a forwarding service to get them so I'm probably stuck with them. Was curious about them for the price point and it does look like it was too good to be true. I'll see if some burn in helps otherwise I'll just eat the cost and time and move on.

The guy at hisoundUK tells me that there was a pre release version that was sent to all the sellers for feedback. turned out it was rubbish so they redid them and asked for the bad version back. i suppose not everyone did that and just sold them on anyway. my bet is thats what you got

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #230 of 240
Let me also post my small review of the BA-100:
This is my first review, so please, keep it in mind while reading it :)

Overall impression: Great product, high quality production from good materials and great sound with large stage and crisp clear highs and some smaller in bass and mid-bass.

I am using it with my desktop PC sound blaster card and with smartphone for music and audio books listening. I am a bass and hard rock lover so may be - for people that mostly listening vocal or classical it would be great just right away out of the box, but I am compensating basses with Foobar2000 plugin on PC or by equalizer adjustments when needed on my smartphone.
Compare to BA-100 with Sony MDR 7550 (I know – different categories and design.. but anyway.. )
Pros:
-          Much more comfortable and lightweight design;
-          Cable is more flexible and easy to use;
-          Less bulky profile;
-          On some tracks BA-100 sounds to me more clear than Sony’s!

Cons:
-          Lack of sound details in the mid-bass and basses;
If you are planning to use it with something more professional sound oriented, like AK-100 or AK-120 players I would prefer my Sony MDR-7550, but in most cases it is a good competitor for this great price!

Update after few weeks of using:
It looks like it burned in and is much better now in bass - quick and more detailed now - stage is wider for me - could hear clear every instrument and vocal melismas!

Apr 26, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #231 of 240
Hey everyone, just been flicking through the posts here and wanted to say thanks for all the reviews. Just to clear a few things;

As someone earlier said, when Making the ba100, there was a preproduction version of the earphones sent to sellers for their opinions. Unfortunately that earphone was not good enough and so we had a recall and remade them. Some of the sellers had not sent back the earphones and, against our instructions, sold them anyway. This is why there seems to be such drastic difference in opinion on these. Some of you have unfortunately received a earphone we never released to market. I will be post a guide on how to distinguish between the two soon.

in the meantime I recommend buying either directly from us or from a reputable seller. We also now have a black version of the ba100 for sale. For anyone interested in them, feel free to message me directly for extra discounts :)

May 2, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #232 of 240
Just got a pair of the BA100s in today. Found em secondhand and so far they are living up to the review I've read by Brooko. Very nicely extended upper mids and treble, good clarity throughout, quick bass that may lack a little in quantity. Overall a very capable IEM. 

Only listened through my iPhone 5C and MBP so far. Looking forward to how these will pair with my slightly warm X3. Will get back to you later!

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #233 of 240
Damn this thread is covered in moss :D

anyways, I ordered a black pair from aliexpress when they were on a sale. just read this thread and I'm wondering if I'll be lucky enough to like what I hear when they arrive :D

Nov 18, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #235 of 240
  Find some dual flange tips, push them to the base and you should be good. There only quibble is lack of extension at the top but it will be dap sig and personal preference dependant as to how you feel about that.

will do just that :) I'm gonna pair them up with my DX50 so hopefully the "brighter" nature of the DAP will counter the lack of extension at the top...

Dec 2, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #236 of 240
I just got the BA100 from aliexpress tennmak store and I have a feeling this has way too much bass or rather, too warm for a single BA. don't get me wrong, these do sound good and all, but they are warm. instrument separation seems good. but from the memory this doesn';t sound like another single BA  - Sony XBA 1. what are your thoughts? Only BA iem Ive heard are the sonys so maybe it's just me skewed preconception?

Dec 2, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #238 of 240
Live impressions here - what the hell? they totally changed with wide bore tips and shallow fitting. it's like 2 different sound signatures. :/ and yeah, the base is still there, even the sub base. :| the details are in face compared to XB90EX. much more high frequencies. sounds very sparkly compared to it. I'm confused...

Jul 4, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #239 of 240
Old thread, I know...

But for those who are interested, here is my full English review of the HSA-BA 100: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/06/hisoundaudio-hsa-ba100-review.html#more

DSC03897-small.JPG

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #240 of 240
Hello friends,

I know, I'm resurrecting an almost dead thread but bear with me - I liked the sound coming out of my BA100, but recently, after hearing subjectively better earpones, these sound not very clear. They sound like the highs aren't there AT ALL. even using my galaxy note 8 and adapt sound feature, the highs and details kinda come out a bit, but there's still noticeable roll-off. same story with my trusty DX50 - to much muffle.

I don't know why, but I plugged these in into my Lenovo thinkpad T460s's crappy 3.5 mm port. it sounds crappy with almost anything. but BA100 sound very balanced, clear and detailed. therefore I have a question : WTH am I Doing wrong? is this somehow connected to output impedance? I dn't know what those values are for any of my equipment, especially the laptop, bit it managed to open these babes up VERY much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back