Hisound BA100 IEM Appreciation Thread.
Nov 3, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #196 of 240
  Sorry, I didn't make that clear. I've had two versions of the BA100, I posted pictures of the earlier version to show what it looks like but the one I have now, that came with foam tips, is the newer revision.

That's what I mean, I have the newer version but no foam tips. If you check out my YouTube channel you'll see for yourself it's the newer version.

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #197 of 240
I wonder how long that first one was available. Seems they changed it rather quickly. Looks like there are 3 housings out there with the latest 2 being acoustically identical and the very earliest ones a bit different. Yumcax, You're definitely correct. I'm assuming that the 1st ones you got were an early pair before world wide distribution or Jack started sending them for review. 

Nov 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #198 of 240
I could see how the extra lower treble presence could give someone the impression of other issues but it's simply a tonal thing as far as I can tell. One that can be sorted with tips and/or better associations. If you've got Monster gel tips. I went 2 sizes up since their ;construction allows them to stays in place and so far they're the best. They're pushed all the way down the stem and are secure that way.. I would think that if you use a smaller size, getting the tip up on the stem a bit might be preferred. The monster tips get slightly longer as they get larger.

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #199 of 240
Note:

Sorry for the confusions.

We have the 3 batch products of BA100. Few reviewed samples are with 3 vents at the back end of the chamber, this is the trial production products, Most reviewed samples are with one vent. These are the officially products. Later,we listen to the audiophile's feedback, they asked us to add in one pair of foam tips to make BA100 can be more interesting and better fitting. Then the package with foam tips are the retail version of BA 100. 

Thanks.

Nov 10, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #200 of 240
Bought this pair as a replacement for my UE600.

First impressions is that it doesn't sound as clear, a little muddy as compared to the UE600. Feels kinda flat too.

Hopefully it'll grow on me though. Strangely, my set came with 5 extra silicone tips, 1 large, 2 small and 2 medium. Seems like they forgot one of the large tips in mine...

Also the right side seems a teeny weeny bit louder than the left, but maybe I'm just too fussy over it.

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #201 of 240
Just received my BA100 which are a replacement for my old Nuforce NE-7M with Comply foam tips. Came with 3 sizes of plastic tips and 1 pair of foam tips. I've only been using them for a few hours, but so far I'm impressed. Isolation and comfort are at least as good as the NE-7M and they're picking up more of the details in my music than the NE-7M ever did. I'll report back with more detailed impressions once I've put them through their paces!

Nov 23, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #202 of 240
best place to try and buy these in USA? they are for a friend in SE Asia, she uses her Samsung tablet as a phone so needs a mic.

i see some on ebay with different tips.

anything similar that might be worth considering?

Nov 23, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #203 of 240
lendmeurears.com is stocking them. It's about $5 only for shipping to U.S or elsewhere.

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #204 of 240
After using the BA100 for about two weeks now, the sound has grown on me somewhat. But I can't help but notice the right side is usually slightly louder than the left--which is surprising since you guys are championing the low channel imbalance.

What I hate though, is the cord. It's way too long if not worn over-the-ear, and microphonics are crazy. I couldn't fit the cable into the shirt clip without using a tweezer to pluck the hook apart, and my shirt clip broke the next day. There isn't any sort of memory to the cables and somehow, perhaps because of the lack of the chin slider, the left and right wires keep criss-crossing (for some reason, where the L/R channels separate, the 'neutral' position for the Y junction is where the left wire faces the right side and vice versa, which is very, very irritating). Wearing it over-the-ear is difficult for me because the thickness of the wire causes it to get tugged down by its weight. In the end I bought an ear hook so I can wear it over the ear.

Anyway, here are my conclusions:
- Sound quality is pretty decent, if not good
- The cables have lots of microphonics especially if not worn over-ear
- If it's designed to be worn over-ear, then supply a cable guide or have some cable memory so it's much easier to wear over-ear
- The cable is far toooooo long
- Chin slider please!

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #205 of 240
  After using the BA100 for about two weeks now, the sound has grown on me somewhat. But I can't help but notice the right side is usually slightly louder than the left--which is surprising since you guys are championing the low channel imbalance.

That's not normal, your pair may be suffering channel imbalance. 

Normal = both sides the same volume.

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #210 of 240
Really? because some forumers were stating that they are even better than the Tpeos H100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back