Hisound BA100 IEM Appreciation Thread.
Oct 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #153 of 240
Hmmmm - almost every review on these very positive.  From people who've heard a lot of IEMs too.  So far one extremely negative one.  Could be you got a bad pair?

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #156 of 240
  I've tried both. Over 30 hours of burn-in. These are junk.

hi, Keanex
Thank you for your feedback. Sorry for hearing your negative comments on it. We have no  idea on how can you have so bad impression on our product. We have no any model with fake sound even the model with 10 dollars price. For we have released dozens models,and all the sound quality are quite positive.You can search the comments at headfi.

We assume it is a defected one. could you PM me your order number for us to check? or ship it back for check? if it is really defected,we will replace a new one for you.thanks.

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #157 of 240
  hi, Keanex
Thank you for your feedback. Sorry for hearing your negative comments on it. We have no  idea on how can you have so bad impression on our product. We have no any model with fake sound even the model with 10 dollars price. For we have released dozens models,and all the sound quality are quite positive.You can search the comments at headfi.

We assume it is a defected one. could you PM me your order number for us to check? or ship it back for check? if it is really defected,we will replace a new one for you.thanks.

I was sent them as a review unit. I can send them back, if they are a defective unit then I'll eat my words, but two defective drivers doesn't give me much confidence.

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #158 of 240

I was sent them as a review unit. I can send them back, if they are a defective unit then I'll eat my words, but two defective drivers doesn't give me much confidence.

It may be a wiring issue or loose ground connection. While BA-100 aren't the most refined IEM I have personally heard they definitely shouldn't sound the way you're describing, unless you're absolutely belting the clappers out of them with high volume, which I doubt. They sound fairly clean and detailed with a hint of warmth like a protection layer against fatigue over the mid range, the low end should be rather clean and distortion free.  Try another source to be sure too.

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #159 of 240
Agreed, the BA100 is no giant killer but even so I have no idea how to gauge your impressions considering they're so negative. Try another review unit and please post your findings be they positive or negative. On this thread people are open minded enough to accept an opposite view. looking forward to hearing from you once you have a new unit to review

Oct 29, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #160 of 240
  The drivers audibly distort, they sound like they're blown. The sound is unnatural even if it's one instrument. Add another and everything has a glaze of fakeness to it. These are the worst IEMs I've ever heard, hands down.

Hmm that's strange. Even though these are far from being the best IEMs I've heard they are far from the worst as well... I don't hear them as distorted at all, nor fake sounding? The timbre to my ears does take a little getting use to and does sound slightly off to my ears coming from my other IEMs. But after a short adjustment they sound quite good to my ears. For their asking price I can't honestly say much bad at all. It definitely hits in its price point if not over it. I wonder if your unit could be defective? What source are you using to drive them?

Oct 29, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #161 of 240
It's as if I'm on a blacklist. I never received a reply to my last mail to hisound when they mentioned a BA100 to be released. That had me interested too,

Though before further inquiry, I'd like to ask one question for those who already have a pair in their hands. They address fit issues but apparently I was the only one with it with the E212, so that comment was taken negatively. Anyway, the question goes: whats the outer diameter of the nozzle?

The rest of the descriptions sound pretty similar to my KH-C701 though most likely the HSA BA100 has more bottom end... something I wouldn't mind having considering those Kenwoods fall into the category of typical bass light single full range BA.

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #162 of 240
hi,Kalbee

We 100% response the emails we got no matter whatever they are. So, I don't know what has happened with your emails. By the way,there are many ways to reach us via telephone, emails, skype. by checking our website or directly PM me.
Try it again.thanks.

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #163 of 240

Just a thought - what was your source?  Could it be the 4 pole connector not liking your DAP?

And BTW - for future - comments like this: "I think anyone who enjoys the sound from these is nuts." - even in jest, is not particularly helpful.  Especially if we haven't established the cause ......

Again - you are the only one so far who hasn't acknowledged these as pretty good value for money.  Given different tastes, and our own unique preferences, I'd find that particular anomaly telling in itself.   And I would have absolutely no issue recommending these to my own family (and I am very much a family type of guy).

I'm guessing it's either an issue with the connection to your DAP/amp, or a defective pair.

Oct 29, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #164 of 240
Could be that something happened during breakin as well. I've had it happen where someone else turned my stuff up trying to hear something on speakers while phones were plugged in. Could also be he just doesn't like them but the description doesn't jive. I find it odd that he doesn't consider Spider Realvoice or Meelectronic M6 bass heavy. 2 things I've heard that is in his buyers guide. Either way, worst and distorted doesn't fit as I easily prefer the BA100 to both in balance and clarity. Not that those are any standard but things we've both heard and he didn't pan. I thought the Realvoice interesting but definitely bass heavy and the M6 also bass heavy but rather lacking in every range and overall.

Oct 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #165 of 240

Just a thought - what was your source?  Could it be the 4 pole connector not liking your DAP?

Found this:
"As a small note, my O2 doesn't seem to like TRRS jacks too much. If I plug it in all the way, I get a mono-like sound coming out of the O2. Pulling out the jack slightly seems to remedy this issue and all is good."

This wouldn't be normal mono but an odd cross channel mixing from an improper connection, likely without amp ground. If the jack ground is away from the bass of the plug, that's exactly what would happen if not making a ground contact since headphones share a ground. There's enough resistance across the drivers to still make sound beyond just a difference signal. Since 2 drivers (loads) are across the positives in series neither is in a neutral difference position. The amp still sees one load at twice the phones impedance across it pos outputs so doesn't get hot or damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back