Hisound BA100 IEM Appreciation Thread.
Oct 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #136 of 240
  thought i could post some early impressions. 

fit and comfort: the design is pretty much the same as the Crystal's, so a big plus in my book as i liked those quite a lot. among the most comfortable ones i tried.
isolation is decent, but nothing outstanding.

as for the sound. still not sure, but overall they have a flat response. nice extension on both ends. sparkly highs (a tad rolled-off). good bass for a small single BA. clear mids, but lacking warmth. for the moment i can say these are not really meant for vocals. even the DBA02/B2 have a fuller midrange
soundstage is quite good though.
 the tips 2 position makes a drastic change. place them up to the end and you get a thicker/richer and more intimate sound, but smaller stage. 
with tips at the front: spacious sound and wider stage. more air and better separation. but softer on bass.

for those who asked a RE-400 comparision:
they very very different. first, the re400 wins hands down on midrange and specially on vocals. the hifiman have one of the most beautiful mids.
bass quantity is similar. the ba100 are faster (as a BA), but the re400 have more substantial and rumbly sub-bass (as a DD).
highs: smoother on the re400, while more sparkly on the ba100 (yet sibilant free)
ba100 wins on speed and stage
details: a tie

on their own, the HSA Ba100 are quite good but need some more time to appreciate them. and personally i'm quite impressed. well done HSA for your first BA release!

that's for now. sorry for the messed language, but these are just some first impressions

I haven't heard the RE-400 so certainly can't comment on the comparison but if you have some TF10 type double flanges to try, pushed all the way down the nozzle, see what you think. I've heard good things about Meelctronics balanced sound doubles but have no idea if they would be a good match as well. I suspect there's someone with a set of these that will have BA100s and can report.

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #137 of 240

Currently just using an iPhone 4, or an iPod Touch G4.  Tried them with amping as well - and didn't make a marked difference for me (once volume matched).

I have a Studio V 3rd Anniv coming later this week - so will try with it as well when it arrives.  

I haven't tried it out on the Studio yet. But the Studio is a detail monster and very much mid-centric :). If you love vocals you'll be hard pressed to beat the Studio and Rocoo BA.

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #138 of 240

I haven't tried it out on the Studio yet. But the Studio is a detail monster and very much mid-centric :). If you love vocals you'll be hard pressed to beat the Studio and Rocoo BA.

I'm looking forward to hearing it.  I was a little cautious when I heard about the firmware issues - but it was either this, the DX5, X3, or going back to a 64Gb iPod Touch 5 + amp.  This just seemed like the best value vs SQ option.

Should be here late this week hopefully.

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #139 of 240
Well keep us posted on how you like the sound. The UI is rather basic though. Not sure if that will be to your liking coming from an iphone4.... With my tags sorted it isn't much of an issue for me at all. Just not the quality UI you'll get from apple.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/mp3tag-setup-guide

Oct 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #140 of 240

Wow - totally different to what I'm (still) hearing.  I love these for vocals.

well, after some longer run, and serious/critical listening, i start to get a better impression about these BA. so, the previous comments should be seen as 'out of the box' thoughts.
will give them some more days and report back. but anyway, they're a good pair indeed.

Oct 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #144 of 240
  lin I'm pretty sure you're stalking me on this forum.

But thanks - single is what I assumed, but didn't want to say it incase it was incorrect :)

very_evil_smiley.gif

Not stalking you lol, don't worry. 
We just follow the same threads. 

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #147 of 240
Many thanks to Jack Woo for sending me the BA100 review sample and including me in the HiSound review group. Final impressions are finally up on my YT channel. If anyone has any questions please feel free to post them either on my YT channel or on this thread. Hope you all enjoy the video

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #150 of 240
The drivers audibly distort, they sound like they're blown. The sound is unnatural even if it's one instrument. Add another and everything has a glaze of fakeness to it. These are the worst IEMs I've ever heard, hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back