Hisound’s Popular IEMs, 80% off for supporting our dealer’s new ebay store
Sep 18, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #137 of 224
Quote:
Have you tried other tips with them? At the very less, do they have decent bass as advertised? 

I tried them with comply tips but as they don't fit well, I did not try deep insertion. Moreover, due to the previous incident, I am wary of doing so.
The sound quality is not good even when I inserted deep for the first time. The bass is boomy and the mids are not clear. The highs are really lacking.

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #138 of 224
I tried to throw some other tips on there and no go. I tried the super-fi, klipsch,Mee and sony hybrids and none feel secure enough to even attempt to put these back in my ears. 

I did notice that p00phead gave him good feedback on ebay. Wonder why he hasn't givin his opinion here?

Sep 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #139 of 224
Quote:
I got my 2 pairs yesterday. A tip also came off in my ear and needed help getting it out. One pair the left side didn't even work. There's also a tin type crackle putting them in and taking them out of the ear. I honestly wouldn't recommend them to anybody tbh.

oh no! driver flex....

Sep 19, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #141 of 224
Quote:
I tried to throw some other tips on there and no go. I tried the super-fi, klipsch,Mee and sony hybrids and none feel secure enough to even attempt to put these back in my ears. 

I did notice that p00phead gave him good feedback on ebay. Wonder why he hasn't givin his opinion here?

I picked them up today from my local mail depot, I posted feedback yesterday as they did arrive ... just my mailman wouldn't leave them in mailbox as the package was to big for mine.

Anyway first impressions - The included tips don't fit well for me, like 20degrees said they actually came off in my ear while using them. I'm currently using the tips that came with some of my Audio Technica earphones as the sony ones I generally use don't fit the hisounds. 

Sound? So far boomy bass, slightly muddy mids and lacks treble. I'll experiment with some other tips later on and let you guys know if I notice any improvements.

Sep 19, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #144 of 224
cold you guys try the other tips that it came with? i am told that the other ones should fit better. if you arent happy with your order please message me and i will help you out for sure.

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #145 of 224
hisoundUK" url="/t/625100/hisound-s-popular-iems-80-off-for-supporting-our-dealer-s-new-ebay-store/135#post_8710343 said:
 cold you guys try the other tips that it came with? i am told that the other ones should fit better. if you arent happy with your order please message me and i will help you out for sure.
The other tips are just as bad.

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #146 of 224
I found that both pairs of tips that were included with my set did not suit the IEM, they kept on falling out ... can probably blame the nozzle design for that. Struggling to justify anyone paying $79USD for these so far, the lack of accessories, let alone tips that fit. (Tips being important for seals in IEMs) and because of that I can't really give a fair assessment of the sound. 

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #147 of 224
Thought of sharing the pictures of the earphones.
What's with that design of the nozzle?? Why they have included that ring on the nozzle. This doesn't let any tips to fit properly.

No filters. The drivers flex as you insert these in your ear.

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #148 of 224
Postman just dropped mine off. Just like everyone else has posted about the tips, they are not made for the earphone at all. I luckily have some semblance of finger nails and easily dug them out. Sound wise w/ the included tips are also just like everyone stated. Also came with the driver flex in the left side that was able to crackle from even just twitching my ear.

Then I pulled the silicone tips off of my fake mtcp and tried it on the popular. Fit wasn't great and came off with no effort. Then I was like "eff it" and pushed the tip all the way down to the base of the stem. Heh. I would say that it's the perfect fit now and can take it off and put it on without having to worry about it coming off in my ear. It did end up improving the sound across the range too, still not a magic wand but did clear up the sound. Driver flex is also gone for the most part. Oh, Vmoda tips also fit using this method. Sony hybrids will not work because the opening is still too small.

Sep 22, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #149 of 224
So mine came today, mixed impressions really, and all this is before any burn-in..
It's also worth noting I'm a bit of a noob, but I am used to mixing tracks in a studio so I have some idea.

I've not experience any of the problems with tips that people have mentioned, using the larger tips. But I didn't dare put the smaller tips far enough into my ear really.
There's a ton of driver flex on em though.
These are really really bass heavy phones. And it's pretty boomy bass, not nice and classy.
It completely drowns out the rest of the spectrum, snare drums sound distant and muffled, so do guitars and vocals.
Whilst they lend power to piano tracks they take away a lot of the detail.

All that said, they did work reasonably well on Radiohead's Kid A, complementing the glitchy electronic style of that album.
In this regard I think it would suit HiSound's target demographic of "popular music", by which I take to mean the sort of music heard on the radio or a night out, but for varied listening and listening to real instruments I wouldn't choose these.
One thing I do quite like however is the soundstage, they sound pretty wide to my ears.

I couldn't really recommend these headphones, but they're not the worst in the world for a tenner and they do pretty much what they say on the tin.
Would probably feel a bit ill having spent anymore though.

There's my 2 pence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back