Hip-Hop Bass Heavy Monitoring Earphones?
Mar 30, 2011 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sedoc94

New Head-Fier
Hey,

So today I received my Westone UM3x-RC and I already didn't like the sound signature the first time I put them in. Compared to the amount of bass I am used to for HipHop related genres, this one's bass sounded so tiny! So I repacked them and put them for sale on eBay.

Before I decided to buy a high quality In-Ear Monitor I had the Sennheiser CX500, which was not amazing, to me it was decent. But the amount of bass was nice on it (not talking about the quality). Then they broke and that's when I bought the Westone UM3x-RC, because I've read mixed reviews of people telling that the bass was quite tin sounding and some people said that they think that they're even too boomy.

I am a Hip-Hop (and Hip-Hop related genres) producer, so top-notch bass impact and quality is a must (ofcourse along with some good crisp mids and highs). So I want to ask y'all if you can suggest me some good in-ear earphones that I might like?

I have read some threads and reviews on here and based on that I found these pretty much interesting that might suit me:
  1. Monster Turbine Pro Copper
  2. Sennheiser IE8

Does anyone have some suggestions for me or anything to add on those two IEMs above?

(again, the bass amount like on the Westone UM3x is most definitly not what I am looking for)

Thanks a lot,
Sedoc94

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 8
i'd recommend the monster turbine. i know monster isn't a favorite among the audiophile, but they have a sufficient amount of bass while offering pretty clear highs, and good mids. they are advertised as "having a subwoofer in your head". 'nuff said

Apr 2, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
although i have never tryed either im guessing the turbine pro gold would suit your use for them better than the coppers because it seems they are more bass heavy in general

That's not what I've read from some reviews. I've read that the Golds were more heavy on the bass compared to the Golds (for some even overpowering), and that some people didn't recommend the Golds, because than I would end up with a bass-light mix.

Correct me if I'm wrong..

Apr 2, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Hey,

So today I received my Westone UM3x-RC and I already didn't like the sound signature the first time I put them in. Compared to the amount of bass I am used to for HipHop related genres, this one's bass sounded so tiny! So I repacked them and put them for sale on eBay.

Before I decided to buy a high quality In-Ear Monitor I had the Sennheiser CX500, which was not amazing, to me it was decent. But the amount of bass was nice on it (not talking about the quality). Then they broke and that's when I bought the Westone UM3x-RC, because I've read mixed reviews of people telling that the bass was quite tin sounding and some people said that they think that they're even too boomy.

I am a Hip-Hop (and Hip-Hop related genres) producer, so top-notch bass impact and quality is a must (ofcourse along with some good crisp mids and highs). So I want to ask y'all if you can suggest me some good in-ear earphones that I might like?

I have read some threads and reviews on here and based on that I found these pretty much interesting that might suit me:
  1. Monster Turbine Pro Copper
  2. Sennheiser IE8

Does anyone have some suggestions for me or anything to add on those two IEMs above?

(again, the bass amount like on the Westone UM3x is most definitly not what I am looking for)

Thanks a lot,
Sedoc94

mtpc (better for monitoring than the gold) or future sonics atrios

not sure the ie8 would be good for monitoring due to the mid-bass hump they have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back