highest capacity FLAC dap, with flash HD?
Feb 18, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #3 of 15
^ that's not a flash hd? :p

cowon d2 goes to 48gb (16gb internal +32gb sdhc). i'm not sure how rockbox goes on that since under the rockbox site it says unstable port but some people use it so you should probably search or check iaudiophile.net. if you dont want touchscreen 8gb fuze+16gb microsdhc. also i believe the nationite s:flo2 does 16gb and i think 16gb microsdhc is supported (not sure since i dont own one or keep up with it)

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ that's not a flash hd? :p

cowon d2 goes to 32gb (16gb internal +16gb sdhc). i'm not sure how rockbox goes on that since under the rockbox site it says unstable port but some people use it so you should probably search or check iaudiophile.net. if you dont want touchscreen 8gb fuze+16gb microsdhc. also i believe the nationite s:flo2 does 16gb and i think 16gb microsdhc is supported (not sure since i dont own one or keep up with it)

The Sflo2 supports up to a 32GB microsd card, the 32GB microsd cards should be hitting the streets soon so the sflo2 can have a total of 48GB at one time.

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 15
^This. If you don't mind the mild buggieness that people say it has and the low battery life (around 8 hours with FLAC), it's an amazing player. PLUS a dedicated line out port
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^This. If you don't mind the mild buggieness that people say it has and the low battery life (around 8 hours with FLAC), it's an amazing player. PLUS a dedicated line out port
smily_headphones1.gif

Have you heard the sflo?

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #7 of 15
Creative Zen x-fi2 32gb+32gb*
Samsung M1 32gb+32gb*
Sony A847 64gb (cannot flac)
Ipod touch 3G 64gb (cannot flac)

note * : when the 32gb MicroSD is release, i am sure the player will support

and for rockbox, usually only old player can use it
the best one only Cowon D2

Feb 19, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cowon d2 goes to 32gb (16gb internal +16gb sdhc).

Not entirely true, a cowon d2 and d2+ both support up to 32gig SDHC cards. Mine 16gig d2+ currently has a 32gig sd card in it and it works fine.

I'd do some research and toss up between a d2 (+ or not) or a s:flo2. They should be your best bet.

Feb 19, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #9 of 15
oh yeah..i forgot that 32gb cards are now available. my bad about that. i only have players that use microsdhc and get them confused at times.

Oct 5, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #12 of 15
If you wanted to get really big, couldn't a 128gb Compact Flash be thrown in an iPod mini?  Rockbox and throw in a new high capacity battery while you're installing the drive.  Should be good.  Granted 128gb CF cards are pricey ($400+ last I checked).

Oct 5, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #14 of 15

Quote:
Rockbox is not developed for the sflo.

I don't think anyone is saying it is.  The OP said he wanted a player that could be rockbox'd or played FLAC.  I think the idea is that he wants to play FLAC on the go, so if the player didn't natively play FLAC he would rockbox it if possible (adding FLAC support).  Since the S Flo2 plays FLAC, he's good out of the box should the OP choose that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back