high sound quality headphones
Feb 28, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 35
I have no idea what the OP means. Would you care to elaborate? Of course they exist. That is the entire point of this site. That is like asking whether fast cars exist on a racing forum.

Feb 28, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #3 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edoardo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wait: NOISE CANCELLING high sound quality headphones... hih sorry... do they exist?

" I exist, therefor I am"
wink.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images...ilies/wink.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 35
You mean those with noise to block other noise or just closed back headphones that isolates a bit less?

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #6 of 35
I meant the "powered" ones, but if you know some extremely isolating back-closed headphones please tell me... I would use them on the train
frown.gif
that is noisy I don't think that "simple" headphones can isolate that...

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #7 of 35
HD280 probably have the best isolation out of any non-iem that I've used. Completely passive isolation, though.

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #8 of 35
Borrow a pair of HD280 (touted by many as one of the most isolating headphone around) and see if you still think that way
smily_headphones1.gif

Me?
I use IEMs when I want to block outside noise. My MylarOne XBs work wonderfully at that
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #10 of 35
Okay, before anyone is able to help you, you need to actually tell us what you want.

Answer these questions:
1) What kind of sound do you like (use the glossary at the top of the full-size headphone forum if you don't know how to describe it)?

2) What kind of music do you listen to?

3) What is your source (exact model of the player and any amps you are using, please)?

Feb 28, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #11 of 35
I had a pair of Beyerdynamic 770's I used and I couldn't hear squat outside of them. My wife would yell at me trying to get my attention and I couldn't hear her at all.

They make a couple of different versions as far as impedance goes, but are usually easy to find at a great price on the sale forums.

Feb 28, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, before anyone is able to help you, you need to actually tell us what you want.

You're right, I just thought that being looking for noise cancelling headphones and being that the "fundamental quality" I already had too little choice to tell anything more...

Quote:

1) What kind of sound do you like (use the glossary at the top of the full-size headphone forum if you don't know how to describe it)?

Being NOT English mother tougue I really don't!!! I'll just copy and paste:
Airy - Spacious. Open.
Ambience
Analytical - Highly detailed.
Bright - Brilliant
Transparent

Quote:

2) What kind of music do you listen to?

folk, blues, solo-instrumental classical, very little pop and jazz. I'd like to hear Clapton's Martin as well as Sinatra's voice, if possible...

Quote:

3) What is your source (exact model of the player and any amps you are using, please)?

I've got a 3 or 4 year old Ipod nano I was planning to change and I don't own any amplifier at the moment. I was planning about buying a portable Graham sleeve... Of course advice on amps and players is also welcome... But they will come after the heaphone, noise cancelling first, I absolutely don't want to hear the train below or it will be a complete waste.

I'm sorry I've got nothing (old sources, no amps, no headphones) it's just that I never thought about portable music before these times I've got to catch the train so often and I'm often alone on the train.

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:32 AM Post #14 of 35
Sennheiser PXC450. I use them on the plane and like them immensely. They have Sennheiser HD595 drivers in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back