high sound quality headphones
Mar 4, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Erm. Top contendors on NY Times were PXC450 and QC3. QC3 won, but Senn is FTW, sound-wise. Always.

Considering the QC3 sounds appalling (and I mean, really bad) that doesn't bode well for the PXC450. Ironically, the Beats by Dr Dre didn't sound as awful as I had expected, until I saw the price tag.
tongue.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
L'unico rumore cancelelng cuffie ho sentito sono stati Bose ... per quanto riguarda la cancellazione di rumore sono stati eccellenti .... la qualità del suono è stato marginale

Grazie mille della recensione, e complimenti per l'italiano!

I spoke about high-quality and excluded brands such as Bose and Philips because I know a pair of decent electronic/active noise cancelling headphones WITHOUT SPEAKERS (the ones you use just to cancel noise, e. g. for work or for shooting) are around 100 - 150 € ... So... I don't want to know what kind of speakers could they afford to put in their 90 € - 120 € headphones I saw around...

Mar 5, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Considering the QC3 sounds appalling (and I mean, really bad) that doesn't bode well for the PXC450. Ironically, the Beats by Dr Dre didn't sound as awful as I had expected, until I saw the price tag.
tongue.gif

The sq of the PXC450 is actually very good, especially considering that it is an NC phone. If you bypass the NC, you essentially have a closed hd595. Strangely I actually prefer the sound of the pxc450 with the nc on...
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #35 of 35
In the end, I'm going to bring a pair of Sennheiser PXC 350.
They declare 5dB less of isolation, but have the same drivers and I personally find them far more sober (=beautiful)... And make me save at least 10 £ for every deciBel...!!!

If someone doesn't agree or finds it a stupid choice, please, speak now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back