High Quality Portable CD Player 2010 and Newer
Jul 17, 2010 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Goldenhead

New Head-Fier
 I am desperate for a currently produced high quality (audiophile or profession) \*\*portable\*\* CD player with a line out jack so that I can hook it up to my Ray Saunders Protector headphone amp and my Ultrasone headphones for proper listening.  Any suggestions from anybody?

Jul 17, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #2 of 5
I do not remember the model number,but in Sony they make high-end model,very portable - may be the smallest ever device of this sort and the lightest,barely a bit bigger,then disc itself;
I had it but I had lost it;not cheap.

Jul 18, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #3 of 5
It seems that the current Sony top model is D-NE830. I have not tried it but for me it would be a no go as it seems to not support optical out. I use an older Sony D-NE920 optical out to the dac part of an iBasso D10 then line out from there to the Protector. For back up I have 2 even older D-EJ1000 that also support optical out.

Oct 12, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I do not remember the model number,but in Sony they make high-end model,very portable - may be the smallest ever device of this sort and the lightest,barely a bit bigger,then disc itself;
I had it but I had lost it;not cheap.

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

are you serious?  a recent model? (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

Oct 14, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #5 of 5
here I am again,it is not very recent,but the smallest ever and the first with digital amp.not cheap at all,may be you can still find it in well supplied electronic shops.mine was japanese model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back