High quality headphones but slightly portable?
Mar 20, 2011 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PocketSharks

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, i am new here.

I recently purchased some Ultrasone Pro 900s after reading around this forum, and I really love the spacious sound and amazing bass.

However, they are bigger than i thought, and leak quite a lot of sound. I was hoping to wear them 'on the street' but I don't think they are really suitable for that.

I am considering selling them for some more portable headphones with better isolation.
The Denon AH-A100 seem like they fit the picture, but after reading an article on here it seems they are overpriced and not that much better than the D1100s.

Can anyone recommend decent semi-portable headphones with good sound isolation for around £100-£200 ? 

Thanks

Mar 20, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 5
A pair of DJ style headphones will usually isolate very well and leak little; my PRO700s make the world around me disappear and are barely audible in a noisy room when they're blaring loud dubstep at full blast. Also they can be fairly portable by wearing them around your neck, and long cables can be braided as many of us just found out, or stuffing the coiled cable in your pocket works too.

Mar 20, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 5
Why not go full portable?  No full-sized or semi-portable will ever touch IEMs for isolation (both kinds).   Plus, people that wear fs cans in public look like dorks.
wink_face.gif

Mar 20, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Why not go full portable?  No full-sized or semi-portable will ever touch IEMs for isolation (both kinds).   Plus, people that wear fs cans in public look like dorks.
wink_face.gif

And we couldnt have Head-Fiers looking like dorks, right ?

Cosmetics aside, I have to agree that IEMs make a lot more sense for truly portable use.

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #5 of 5
I use the AKG 271 on the go. My UE triple fi 10 doesnt match well with HM601. Trying to get used to the weird stares occassionally from people...

Was thinking maybe could get some colored cables, pads and stickers to paste onto the cups to make it look nicer....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back