HIGH LOUDNESS HEADPHONE?
Nov 30, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #17 of 34
What is your source? Do you have a headphone amp and from what headphone did you hear distortion?
It might just be that if you are not using a headphone amp, whatever you use your headphone with cannot power them properly if they are hard to drive.

Edit: didn't see post #11.
Is it just an amp or a headphone amp ?

Nov 30, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #18 of 34
Your amp is probably causing the distortion.

Also, hearing loss is not like accidentally cutting your arm. If you cut yourself, you know right away that something is wrong. I am not a doctor (well, not a medical doctor), but I understand that hearing loss is cumulative. You might not notice it now but it will come back to haunt you in 20 years. Do you want to wear a hearing aid when you're 40?

Nov 30, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #19 of 34
here is my source as of now:
panasonic SL-CT540 cd player line out to RSA SR-71A to DT880 MANUFAKTOR.
of course this combo sounds very good but i feel the bass is just a little bit weak but it's enjoyable because i can really feel the quality bass,but i feel that the headphone is going to distort if i go any higher but i hope it won't happen.dare not to try it as this may distort the drivers of my expensive headphone.(at least it's pricey for me)anyway,the dt880 i am using is the 250 ohm version.they have like 100mw power for the drivers total output?sorry that i am not so sure what is that measurement for.any pro please can you at least tell what you know about it?

Nov 30, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #20 of 34
thank you all who have been advised me to listen through the headphone with a moderate volume, i think i may be just follow what those experienced people suggestion,i knew it's the scientific fact that i would gradually loss some healthy hearing if i continue working with my loud listening habit.might as soon as possible get rid of it.thanks again to you people.

Nov 30, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #21 of 34
haha,i am happy now that i previously thought the dt880 is not a loud phone but i was wrong,in fact i just change the panasonic cd player to my cheap sony mp3 player,i cant believe how happy i am now as the headphone really feeling warm sounding and very detail when playing from the panasonic pcdp .i just cannot believe this cheap sony would match so well with the sr71a and not to mention i am using its main headphone out and switch it to it's highest volume,i read somewhere in forum that said the maximum volume actually or normally equal to the line out port.excuse me if i got it wrongly,but i am happy now to experience my headphone with just another music player that play mp3 so so so well,even surpassed the panasonic cd player which playing the purest cd contains via its line out.how could it happened?though it's just my opinion as of now,i wont know what i will like most later on haha...but still should turn down the volume a bit now as i don't want to apply any hearing aids in my age of 40's.

Nov 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That all sounds like you are looking for a new friend called Tinitus. Good luck with him!

DJ'phones or IEM's are always handy to kill your hearing.

No, no they are not. IEMs are not handy to kill your hearing.

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, no they are not. IEMs are not handy to kill your hearing.

They are, actually, depending on how you interpret the claim. If the claim is that "using IEMs will kill your hearing", then I agree with you. Not necessarily, they won't. But if the claim is, "if you want to kill your hearing, IEMs are the best headphones do to that with" then yes, I think that's true. Blasting sound through IEMs is worse that blasting them through open circumaurals, no?

Nov 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #26 of 34
Not worse nor better, just the same since hearing loss for noise exposure is a function of the absolute SPL reaching your ears, and the time you're exposed to it.
That would be true if you could prove that IEMs -in a general sense- can reach higher SPLs on your eardrum at full volume than other types of phones. This will be true for some IEMs and only when compared to some external headphones. I don't think a generalization is strictly accurate.

Nov 30, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not worse nor better, just the same since hearing loss for noise exposure is a function of the absolute SPL reaching your ears, and the time you're exposed to it.
That would be true if you could prove that IEMs -in a general sense- can reach higher SPLs on your eardrum at full volume than other types of phones. This will be true for some IEMs and only when compared to some external headphones. I don't think a generalization is strictly accurate.

Ah, OK. Thanks for the explanation.

Nov 30, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #28 of 34
here you go
smily_headphones1.gif

3071711263_334557d4e4_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back