High end vs amazon basic USB...
May 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GSARider

2013 London, UK meet organiser
So does it make a difference with a high end USB cable then chaps? Given that the spec of the 4.99 Amazon cable shows it to be shielded etc...?

The AmazonBasics 2.0 A-Male to B-Male Cable with Lighted Ends features shielding that provides protection against noise due to electromagnetic and radio-frequency signals. this helps keep your signal clear with less loss of bandwidth and with higher performance. The cable also has gold-plated connectors that resist corrosion for signal purity.

May 7, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 6
I don't know what high end USB cable you are alluding to but I have an AmazonBasics USB cable and they are beyond cheap. Gold plated with very thick rubber protection makes it high end IMO. If you need a USB cable for audio then definitely get something gold plated to reduce interference. If not then any cable will do just fine. I do recommend that Amazon cable it is beyond "basic".

May 7, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 6
No specific high end make in particular as I have no experience of any really, just trying to work out whether any high end cable can make a difference as I just can't figure how it can do so. I see USB Cables aimed at the audiophile market ranging fom £30 to £200.

May 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 6
There is no evidence for better sound quality with more expensive cables.

Some would say the AmazonBasics cables are already expensive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back