High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Jun 6, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #2,926 of 4,183
Great to see your experiments with the new parts are working out for you!

Got lucky. In theory it seemed work, but easy to fall flat on your face when things don't go your way. It's not something you can google and even find in diyaudio. I'm lazy so really didn't want to experiment, but I need usuability otherwise my system sits dormant. It's like being attached to an umbilical cord listening only off an desktop setup and I want to be free of that. I'm not out of the woods yet, still need to test so if everything goes well will post transportable setup in a few weeks along with the SilverFi R1. I can finally start burning in my equipment and focus on whether to go down the rabbit hole some more with the estat CIEMs. I almost sold out and went the headphone route, but luckily some estat CIEMs launching to put me back on track.

I may have inadvertently got caught up in a remote control rabbit hole. This is like 90 quid off this week and considering making it my front-end for my transportable setup. I like my basic $10 functional remote where I can feel actual button feedback, but this is tempting. It has an API so I can hack the interface specific to my transportable needs. Fu*k this hobby.

ss.jpg

BTW, thanks for your input brainstorming on ergonomic ideas with the SilverFi. I got lucky it worked out well with the ergos.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #2,927 of 4,183
Hey guys

how much improvement would replaceing my...

stock shure 846's cables to something like...

Sony Kimber cables MUC-M12SB1 ?
I'm also interested in fiio silver cables

Looking somewhere where it actually makes a difference and can spend more if it justifies on what it does.

Looking for cables that don't get tangle up and can actually make impact how music sounds,

Also...

4.4 or 3.5 connector for cable?

Jun 7, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #2,928 of 4,183
Hey guys

how much improvement would replaceing my...

stock shure 846's cables to something like...

Sony Kimber cables MUC-M12SB1 ?
I'm also interested in fiio silver cables

Looking somewhere where it actually makes a difference and can spend more if it justifies on what it does.

Looking for cables that don't get tangle up and can actually make impact how music sounds,

Also...

4.4 or 3.5 connector for cable?
crystal cable dream duet :kissing_heart:

Jun 9, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #2,929 of 4,183
Hey guys, here's my review of DITA Audio's wonderful OSLO cable. It's my new go-to recommendation for those looking to add a bit of warmth, body and lower-midrange texture to their IEMs without any roll-off, muddiness or bloat. Enjoy! :D

Jun 9, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #2,930 of 4,183
FIIO LC-2.5/3.5/4.4D High-Purity Pure Silver Litz MMCX Earphone Cable

Any word on these?

Planning on getting fh7 to go with these, but not sure how much difference this would be vs fh7 stock cables

Jun 9, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #2,931 of 4,183
FIIO LC-2.5/3.5/4.4D High-Purity Pure Silver Litz MMCX Earphone Cable

Any word on these?

Planning on getting fh7 to go with these, but not sure how much difference this would be vs fh7 stock cables
I got a few iem cables like labkable.
I was at my local store and I tried the lc 2.5 immediately I bought it. At this price no brainer.

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #2,934 of 4,183
Hey guys, here's my review of DITA Audio's wonderful OSLO cable. It's my new go-to recommendation for those looking to add a bit of warmth, body and lower-midrange texture to their IEMs without any roll-off, muddiness or bloat. Enjoy! :D

Great review! It is an amazing cable. Any comparisons to the Leo 2?

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #2,936 of 4,183
Has anyone used Custome cable for Hd800s?

1. 4pin xlr balance cable into 4.4 for my dap
I am just using balance cable from my hd800s and using a generic 4pin xlr into 6.3 cable for now..

2. 4.4 female into 6.3 male adapter to my amp, to use the cable from question1.
I am just using a generic one for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back