High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Mar 16, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #1,711 of 4,186
oh no I was gonna get an 8 wire effect audio lionheart.... now I'm torn.... someone pls tell me the tri-copper is less suitable for my specific use case scenario situation

What kind of sound are you looking for? Based on @PinkyPowers's review, the Tri-Copper is warm-sounding, but technically excellent. It sounds closer to the 4-wire Lionheart, while the 8-wire variant is more neutral, clean and crisp. I suggest you check out his review here: http://theheadphonelist.com/the-power-of-three-a-review-of-the-plussound-tri-copper/

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #1,712 of 4,186
What kind of sound are you looking for? Based on @PinkyPowers's review, the Tri-Copper is warm-sounding, but technically excellent. It sounds closer to the 4-wire Lionheart, while the 8-wire variant is more neutral, clean and crisp. I suggest you check out his review here: http://theheadphonelist.com/the-power-of-three-a-review-of-the-plussound-tri-copper/
While reading Pinky's review I was thinking the exact same thing, that is sounds like the Tri-Copper is quite similar to Lionheart. But then Linus' review of the Tri-Copper X8 seemed like it was the Exo on steroids, rather than providing a different sound along the lines of the Lionheart 4-wire vs 8-wire.

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #1,713 of 4,186
Mar 17, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #1,714 of 4,186
12t/trio - US Tour Update
Good news, the tour kits for our 12t/trio tour are on the way. I am setting up a tour thread for signups now and will launch this weekend...... stay tuned!

Mar 17, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #1,715 of 4,186
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #1,716 of 4,186
Mar 20, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #1,717 of 4,186
Just got the Han Sound Redcore. Oh doesn't it look pretty!

Brief first impression
Despite the introduction on the Music Sanctuary's website describing the colour of cable as scarlet, it is actually beetroot coloured to be precise.
Terminated with either Furutech FT-735R or FT-7254 plugs, the Redcore shares a similar look to the sensational 1960 4 wire cable from PW audio. In fact, just as each wire in the 1960s contains 2 conductors, there is a silver and a copper wire in each nylon sleeve of the Redcore.

Ergonomics:
The Redcore is slightly stiffer than the 1960s, and the nylon sleeving feels slightly rough. However, the Redcore is still very comfortable to wear. Microphonics is present, but very occasional. (BTW the least microphonic upgrade cable I've tried recently is the PW No.5 and the Effect Audio line-up.) Also, the cable feels quite light, and doesn't put a load on my ears.

Sound:
Right off the bat, the Redcore sounds "just right". I often use Daft Punk's Instant Crush as my test track for cables, as it is interestingly mastered, and any sonic signature brought about by the cable is very obvious. On Redcore with Zeus R, the treble is airy - not energetic kind of sparkly + forwardly-placed, but instead, it is fast, bright and articulate. Somehow, the treble sounds like that of Whiplash TWag V3.
The bass is energetic and tight, with a slight hint of warmth, similar to the 4-wired 1960s. Mids are detailed and slightly forward. The vocals in Instant Crush sounds neither too laidback, nor too forward or too full - just as how it is mastered.
The Redcore is a transparent cable. The reverb in Daft Punk's Within sounds steady and extended. It is definitely not as transparent as PWaudio's 1960, however. On the bright side, it tames the aggressive highs in some tracks. An example is Ed Sheeran's Eraser. On the 1960s, the transparent nature of the cable makes Ed Sheeran's vocal and guitar sound sharp and almost harsh. On the other hand, with Redcore, the same track still sounds upbeat and energetic, but not aggressive at all. So in some sense, the Redcore is a more "forgiving" and less transparent 1960s.
Redcore's soundstage is excellent too. It has a wide 3D like soundstage, albeit not as deep as it is wide. I can't find a apt way to describe it, but in short, I can pin-point where each instrument is placed. (Such as in Muse's MK Ultra.)

I'm gonna burn in the cable now. Can't wait to see what it turns out to be after the burn-i
Just got the Han Sound Redcore. Oh doesn't it look pretty!

Brief first impression
Despite the introduction on the Music Sanctuary's website describing the colour of cable as scarlet, it is actually beetroot coloured to be precise.
Terminated with either Furutech FT-735R or FT-7254 plugs, the Redcore shares a similar look to the sensational 1960 4 wire cable from PW audio. In fact, just as each wire in the 1960s contains 2 conductors, there is a silver and a copper wire in each nylon sleeve of the Redcore.

Ergonomics:
The Redcore is slightly stiffer than the 1960s, and the nylon sleeving feels slightly rough. However, the Redcore is still very comfortable to wear. Microphonics is present, but very occasional. (BTW the least microphonic upgrade cable I've tried recently is the PW No.5 and the Effect Audio line-up.) Also, the cable feels quite light, and doesn't put a load on my ears.

Sound:
Right off the bat, the Redcore sounds "just right". I often use Daft Punk's Instant Crush as my test track for cables, as it is interestingly mastered, and any sonic signature brought about by the cable is very obvious. On Redcore with Zeus R, the treble is airy - not energetic kind of sparkly + forwardly-placed, but instead, it is fast, bright and articulate. Somehow, the treble sounds like that of Whiplash TWag V3.
The bass is energetic and tight, with a slight hint of warmth, similar to the 4-wired 1960s. Mids are detailed and slightly forward. The vocals in Instant Crush sounds neither too laidback, nor too forward or too full - just as how it is mastered.
The Redcore is a transparent cable. The reverb in Daft Punk's Within sounds steady and extended. It is definitely not as transparent as PWaudio's 1960, however. On the bright side, it tames the aggressive highs in some tracks. An example is Ed Sheeran's Eraser. On the 1960s, the transparent nature of the cable makes Ed Sheeran's vocal and guitar sound sharp and almost harsh. On the other hand, with Redcore, the same track still sounds upbeat and energetic, but not aggressive at all. So in some sense, the Redcore is a more "forgiving" and less transparent 1960s.
Redcore's soundstage is excellent too. It has a wide 3D like soundstage, albeit not as deep as it is wide. I can't find a apt way to describe it, but in short, I can pin-point where each instrument is placed. (Such as in Muse's MK Ultra.)

I'm gonna burn in the cable now. Can't wait to see what it turns out to be after the burn-in. :)
hello how it sound compare to leonnidas? I like to buy this cable for my rhapsodio galaxy v2 my galaxy is a bit sibilant sometimes i use comply tip to fix it but reduce the details at high. Thanks

Mar 23, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #1,719 of 4,186
What would be a reasonable lifetime to expect out of a high-end IEM cable that is used (and not abused) every day? Given some cables can fetch up to $2k it would be interesting to hear thoughts on how durable they generally are.

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #1,720 of 4,186
What would be a reasonable lifetime to expect out of a high-end IEM cable that is used (and not abused) every day? Given some cables can fetch up to $2k it would be interesting to hear thoughts on how durable they generally are.

My Ares II+ is about a year-and-a-half old now, and it still holds up to normal use.

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #1,721 of 4,186
My Ares II+ is about a year-and-a-half old now, and it still holds up to normal use.
How abt the stiffness? Do u wipe it often? I heard that it stiffens due to body sweat

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #1,722 of 4,186
How abt the stiffness? Do u wipe it often? I heard that it stiffens due to body sweat

Stiffness has definitely gotten somewhat worse (though I believe this isn't the same insulation used in their newer wires), but it's still very usable IMO. The slight visual tarnish is more noticeable than any ergonomic change.

Mar 25, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #1,724 of 4,186

Users who are viewing this thread

Back