High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Oct 8, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #2,417 of 4,196
As all your reviews this one is an excellent one, Daniel. It comes right when I am after a pairing for RHA CL2 planar IEM.
I have in mind three cables, Aegis is one of them besides PW Audio Saladin and Effect Audio Eros.
I would love to have your opinion about the most suitable paring for the named IEM being it from the above collection or one of your choice :wink:, in the same price bracket. In my intention is to keep the character of the IEM but to emphasize a bit its musicality. Thank you for your opinion!

Excellent review ! It’s THE cable for my VE8 now :)

Thanks for the review. The gold color looks great.

Thanks so much guys! I haven't heard the CL2 yet unfortunately, so I can't really say which would pair best. The Aegis and Saladin would be great if you wanted to add more body to the CL2. But, the Aegis has a more dynamic, punchy sound, while the Saladin is more laid-back (especially in the treble). The Eros II is the choice if you wanted to preserve the original signature and improve imaging and extension. I'd say more, but I can't without a direct comparison. I hope those words help in any way! :)

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #2,418 of 4,196
Thanks so much guys! I haven't heard the CL2 yet unfortunately, so I can't really say which would pair best. The Aegis and Saladin would be great if you wanted to add more body to the CL2. But, the Aegis has a more dynamic, punchy sound, while the Saladin is more laid-back (especially in the treble). The Eros II is the choice if you wanted to preserve the original signature and improve imaging and extension. I'd say more, but I can't without a direct comparison. I hope those words help in any way! :)

Huh, I missed this review. Sounds like a warmer tinged Thor, which I really liked, except for it's drier tone. I might try this next instead. Cheaper than the Lionheart as well. I've decided to stay away from silver for IEMs since it's tone is not for me.

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #2,419 of 4,196
Huh, I missed this review. Sounds like a warmer tinged Thor, which I really liked, except for it's drier tone. I might try this next instead. Cheaper than the Lionheart as well. I've decided to stay away from silver for IEMs since it's tone is not for me.
Which IEM are you planning to pair with?

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #2,420 of 4,196
It make a lot of sense. It looks, then, like Eros II will better fit my needs! Thanks, man!

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #2,421 of 4,196
Hey guys! I just published a review of one of my favourite cables of the year: Han Sound Audio's Aegis. It's a punchy and impactful-sounding cable that doesn't compromise on vocal integrity or tonal balance. In fact, it adds an excellent meaty timbre to the bass and midrange. Add to that Han Sound Audio's excellent in-house hardware and build, and you have yourselves one heck of a package. As always, hope you enjoy and look out for my next review this weekend which may or may not rhyme with Pea-oh-Midas Flu. :wink:

Will we see a formal venom review? Between the Redcore, Aegis and Venom I've heard some spectacular differences in cables. Before Han Sound I really didn't expect these significant of an impact from cables.

Oct 8, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #2,422 of 4,196
Which IEM are you planning to pair with?
Oriolus mk2.

Music Sanctuary doesn't have any configuration options on their site for the Aegis. Wonder why... Sent them an email about it.

Oct 8, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #2,423 of 4,196
Will we see a formal venom review? Between the Redcore, Aegis and Venom I've heard some spectacular differences in cables. Before Han Sound I really didn't expect these significant of an impact from cables.

Not from me, probably. Nic reviewed them for THL here, though.

Oriolus mk2.

Music Sanctuary doesn't have any configuration options on their site for the Aegis. Wonder why... Sent them an email about it.

Yeah, that's odd. Maybe you can add your configuration options to some sort of Notes section at check-out?

Oct 8, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #2,424 of 4,196
another great review @Deezel177

since you are the cables expert here (with @flinkenick ) can you tell me if i should be eyeing any other cables for zeus xr besides ares ii(8 wire) below 500$ ?

currently pairing it with pw no5 (4w) , i should expect ares ii (8w) to be a worthy-for-its-money upgrade ?

any other cables that pair well with Zeus XR ?

Oct 8, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #2,425 of 4,196

since you are the cables expert here (with @flinkenick ) can you tell me if i should be eyeing any other cables for zeus xr besides ares ii(8 wire) below 500$ ?

currently pairing it with pw no5 (4w) , i should expect ares ii (8w) to be a worthy-for-its-money upgrade ?

It's hard to judge by memory since I haven't heard Zeus XR in over a year, but it was more mid forward, and you want to pair it up with Ares II 8wire which is a mid forward cable. Is that your intent?

Oct 8, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #2,426 of 4,196
It's hard to judge by memory since I haven't heard Zeus XR in over a year, but it was more mid forward, and you want to pair it up with Ares II 8wire which is a mid forward cable. Is that your intent?

well the intent is always the same , make your ciem sound better

i don;t know how ares ii sounds, i see people who own Zeus XR who say that aresii(8w) pairs well with XR . that's all

i currently use pw no5(4w) which is ok but always curious if there is a cable to improve the XR sound without breaking the bank

which cables did you find pairing well with Xr when you had it ?

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #2,427 of 4,196
Great review as always, @Deezel177

If I may present a question and quote your review for a moment: "If what you look for in a cable is superior micro-detail retrieval, a more spacious stage and improved imaging – for IEMs like the Warbler Audio Prelude that need help in those areas – the Aegis will not fulfil your needs."

What would recommend for this exact scenario? I just got a Noble Katana from a fellow Head-Fi member and am looking for as transparent/micro-detailed a cable as possible, in essence to match the signature of the Katana and not change, elevate or smooth anything out. I think the detail and precision are extremely exciting on this IEM and am sort of looking to pair a cable that just leaves that alone.

Thank you for your thoughts!

-Collin-

Oct 8, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #2,428 of 4,196
well the intent is always the same , make your ciem sound better

i don;t know how ares ii sounds, i see people who own Zeus XR who say that aresii(8w) pairs well with XR . that's all

i currently use pw no5(4w) which is ok but always curious if there is a cable to improve the XR sound without breaking the bank

which cables did you find pairing well with Xr when you had it ?

Just looked into my old notes from a year and a half ago, seems that I preferred 1960 2wire the best with XRA (I realized, the one I had was XRA, not XR, sent it back to convert to XR and it felt through the cracks lol!!!)

Oct 9, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #2,429 of 4,196
I believe Han Sound Venom is a very good match with Zeus XR.

Oct 9, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #2,430 of 4,196

Thanks man! As Alex mentioned, I did love the 2-wire PWAudio 1960s with the Zeus, but that's far beyond the $500 price point you set. Personally, I haven't come across any cable that jumps out at me as being perfect for Zeus! apart from the 2-wire 1960s and Eos. I suspect the Aegis would make a great pairing as well, but it'll most likely lose out to the 8-wire Ares II in staging and transparency, if that's your preference.

Great review as always, @Deezel177

If I may present a question and quote your review for a moment: "If what you look for in a cable is superior micro-detail retrieval, a more spacious stage and improved imaging – for IEMs like the Warbler Audio Prelude that need help in those areas – the Aegis will not fulfil your needs."

What would recommend for this exact scenario? I just got a Noble Katana from a fellow Head-Fi member and am looking for as transparent/micro-detailed a cable as possible, in essence to match the signature of the Katana and not change, elevate or smooth anything out. I think the detail and precision are extremely exciting on this IEM and am sort of looking to pair a cable that just leaves that alone.

Thank you for your thoughts!

-Collin-

Thanks bud! In that case, the most colourless cables I've encountered would probably be Effect Audio's Eros II and Janus D. The Eros II is a tonally transparent cable, but obviously it'll lose out technically-speaking to the Janus D. The Janus D IMO has a slight bias towards smoothening transients, but it's very slight. What you get is a presentation driven by a black background and an effortlessly open stage, so the details come through with zero fatigue or strain. Maaaaybe the Leonidas II could be considered as well, because it has similar spatial traits to the Janus D. But, the Leo II has a coloured signature, especially along the upper-mids. Though, if utmost transparency and detail is what you're looking for, a Katana + Leo II pairing does sound pretty good. :wink:

I believe Han Sound Venom is a very good match with Zeus XR.

Not a good match for his wallet, though. :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back