High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Jun 6, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #1,936 of 4,196
Many experts said the best SQ is Teflon. The ordering from best to worse is probably Teflon > FEP > PFA > PTFE ~ TPE ~ TPU > PVC. Though the most softest available now is so called "Ultra Flexible PVC" insulator.

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #1,937 of 4,196
Many experts said the best SQ is Teflon. The ordering from best to worse is probably Teflon > FEP > PFA > PTFE ~ TPE ~ TPU > PVC. Though the most softest available now is so called "Ultra Flexible PVC" insulator.
i have no experience with cables, how much difference is between each type of insulation? i'm guessing it is a slight difference

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #1,938 of 4,196
In pro audio, the main benefit of balanced vs. unbalanced is the elimination of interference (especially at longer distances). I assume this technology will have a workaround that's more geared towards that, but at the end of the day, the proof is in the pudding.

Thanks for baiting me Daniel, lol. The thing is that balanced needs to be a true balanced connection from building a redundancy into the source and amps (positive and negative) and then using a balanced cable to carry that signal as many know. It will lower the noise floor and also add a few DB most of the time. Implementation is critical. I have the AK380cu and amp and it's balanced connection isn't any better than it's single ended one. Too bad for such an expensive device. I run only a dual differential balanced system with zero negative feedback for my 2 channel gear. YES, it makes quite a bit of difference.

From what I heard from audiophiles, teflon is the best insulator in term of sq. PVC is poorest.

This is what most are doing with their newest top of teh line capacitors. I have a new server/DAC being built and we are trying StealthCaps by Peter Moncreif first and then will install V Cap CUTF for the bypass caps. A few of use will audition both sets of bypass caps and decide which ones are best (8 total). They are not cheap, but teh designer needs to figure out which are best. This is similar to what Rossi used to do when he did upgrades to the DAP's..... Teflon, when implemented properly, will be the best sort of. The StealthCaps are a bit different design. My Audioquest cables all use a high grade of Teflon in their construction. Again, like carbon fiber, you have various grades and all sound different. Sorry to derail the thread, lol. Until I stop getting likes on these types of posts, I'll keep posting, lol. :)

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #1,939 of 4,196
Thanks for baiting me Daniel, lol. The thing is that balanced needs to be a true balanced connection from building a redundancy into the source and amps (positive and negative) and then using a balanced cable to carry that signal as many know. It will lower the noise floor and also add a few DB most of the time. Implementation is critical. I have the AK380cu and amp and it's balanced connection isn't any better than it's single ended one. Too bad for such an expensive device. I run only a dual differential balanced system with zero negative feedback for my 2 channel gear. YES, it makes quite a bit of difference.

This is what most are doing with their newest top of teh line capacitors. I have a new server/DAC being built and we are trying StealthCaps by Peter Moncreif first and then will install V Cap CUTF for the bypass caps. A few of use will audition both sets of bypass caps and decide which ones are best (8 total). They are not cheap, but teh designer needs to figure out which are best. This is similar to what Rossi used to do when he did upgrades to the DAP's..... Teflon, when implemented properly, will be the best sort of. The StealthCaps are a bit different design. My Audioquest cables all use a high grade of Teflon in their construction. Again, like carbon fiber, you have various grades and all sound different. Sorry to derail the thread, lol. Until I stop getting likes on these types of posts, I'll keep posting, lol. :)

No worries, Pete. :D I was surmising that the company would simulate the effects of balanced by somehow reducing analog interference, but that's just a spitball guess.

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #1,940 of 4,196
i have no experience with cables, how much difference is between each type of insulation? i'm guessing it is a slight difference
Very big xD, sq, ergonomics and looks

Jun 7, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #1,941 of 4,196
Good day, everyone. I have a question:
Has any of you guys heard the PWaudio Sevenfold pipe series Copper, can you give me some general impressions about it, like how it sounds compared to say Ares II or No. 5?
Thanks in advance.

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #1,943 of 4,196
Anyone have recommendations for 3.5-3.5 short interconnects for my lpg and alo v5? Thinking of lavricables 20 wire or dhc.
I ordered one from Plussound, 16 wire, extremly flexible, lavricables makes great cables and they are not too expensive, but their interconnect are not very flexible.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Jun 7, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #1,945 of 4,196
Good day, everyone. I have a question:
Has any of you guys heard the PWaudio Sevenfold pipe series Copper, can you give me some general impressions about it, like how it sounds compared to say Ares II or No. 5?
Thanks in advance.

I’ll be visiting Music Sanctuary tomorrow, so I’ll try my best to demo it if they have one on hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back