High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Jun 1, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #1,923 of 4,186
Picture first

Monarch Ag (aka grand duke): I can rank this pure silver cable as the best price-per-performance silver cable I tried till date. (wins EA Thor Silver in any edition and very close to BA Prima donna) transparent, details, accurate focus, extended treble but have no irritating peak. The bass becomes tighter. The most impression is it provides widest soundstage. Truly great for monitoring. Pretty match with basshead/ warm tone IEM like westone very well.
FB_IMG_1527898715833.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supreme Ref (Still their TOTL Brimar Cable) It is 7% gold-filling silver cable (AKA CROWN). The sound is very natural and feel like you are enjoying in a live music. The soundstage is very immersive and 3D. vocal is so smooth and natural. It has all the same like Ag cable but much more realistic and more euphonic vocal. From test side by side with EA Horus with U12, I found Supreme Ref gives much more natural treble,more mid-centric while Horus provides more sparkling treble/open female vocal. Depending on matching and preference.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SXC (same as The prince's material ) It is the picture from the the very first generation (around 2014) of silver plated copper. It starts with 4 briads which I prefer than 8 braids due to the portabablity. It is the very decent starter from Brimar cable. The insulator is very soft and pleasant to touch. This cables give a deeper bass, fuller vocal and more impact so it is more fun and impactful with smooth treble. It is very decent match with IEM that you think it is too thin and low impact and bass. This cable,at that time MSRP is only $150, still gives much more than the price tag than any other silver plated copper both at that time and in this era.

PS. The reason The prince is double price from SXC is that it is 8 braids instead of 4 (In the past 8 braids version is called "Monarch SXC V3" http://www.jetliveaudio.com/product/1124128/brimar-audio-monarch-sxc-v3.html)

10121909.jpg

Like any other brand, Brimar does have its own house sound. so if you love its starter cable, you are inclined to love all of Brimar product line. I know that it is very hard to contact Brimar Owner directly except your country has sole distributor. But this is just for sharing thought.

Attachments

• IMG_20180602_071237.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180602_071335.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #1,924 of 4,186
In my personal opinion, the only other EA cable that's clearly technically-superior than the Eos is the Horus. I'd say the Lionheart is technically on-par if not slightly more forgiving due to its inherently natural and pleasing presentation.

i am thinking of selling my pw5 , eos takes all the cake with my zeus XR

great cable , and amazing synergy with my zeus - and huge VfM , imho

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #1,928 of 4,186
@Deezel177 : I heard this brand before during I made the Asia Cable Brand List. In that time, Mr. @audio123 raise Luminox Audio (LNA) brand to be added. In e-earphone blog, it was stated that Luminox own "Pairing Balance Technology" (PB) which could sustain SQ of unbalanced plug version to be equivalent to balanced plug version. It was further stated that this Taiwan brand procures Copper from Japan and making OCC process and further R&D in Taiwan. Joking aside, recently Cross Lambda Audio (CL) just released new cable called "Reflection" which is 4-wire or 8-wire of 7N OCC Silver plated Copper specs and Luminox also released the entry level cable called "Reflection" which is 6-wire of OCC Silver plated Copper specs as well. This name remind me of "White Reflection" (ホワイト・リフレクション) music track from Two-Mix, Youtube Link. ~"I feel your love, Re-fu-re-ku-chon"~

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #1,929 of 4,186
@Deezel177 In e-earphone blog, it was stated that Luminox own "Pairing Balance Technology" (PB) which could sustain SQ of unbalanced plug version to be equivalent to balanced plug version.

Not trying to start and argument, but that's a huge claim for anyone to make.

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #1,930 of 4,186
Not trying to start and argument, but that's a huge claim for anyone to make.

In pro audio, the main benefit of balanced vs. unbalanced is the elimination of interference (especially at longer distances). I assume this technology will have a workaround that's more geared towards that, but at the end of the day, the proof is in the pudding.

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #1,931 of 4,186
In pro audio, the main benefit of balanced vs. unbalanced is the elimination of interference (especially at longer distances). I assume this technology will have a workaround that's more geared towards that, but at the end of the day, the proof is in the pudding.

Very true D, that's one of those "have to hear it to believe it" kinda deals.

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #1,932 of 4,186
@San Man @Deezel177 : It's fine. I don't think about it seriously. I just translated from what I read. Likes many brands try to make their own cool abbreviation technology. In this day, if I buy upgraded cable, I would pick up a cable with balanced plug.

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #1,934 of 4,186
Anyone has any opinions on PE Vs PVC Vs Teflon insulation for cables?

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #1,935 of 4,186
Anyone has any opinions on PE Vs PVC Vs Teflon insulation for cables?

From what I heard from audiophiles, teflon is the best insulator in term of sq. PVC is poorest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back