High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #466 of 1,031
Thx guys :) I just order Blox BE3. I'm looking for detailet and full sound on midrange and bass. I don't have K319, but I have Soundmagic EP30 and it sound very similar to the AKG earbuds. It's good, but it's too tiny sound for me

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #467 of 1,031
The Baldoor E100 sounds eerily similar to the WS99 in terms of depth and overall sound signature, which is amazing considering the price differences. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #468 of 1,031
Out of all these cheap earbuds which are the most comfortable and best fitting? I always had issues with earbuds and that's what made me buy an in-ear about a decade ago. I've been using the Sunrise xcape iem for about 6 years, and what probably puts me out of listening in the street or public transport is the sometimes claustrophobic sense of isolation they provide, so i'm looking at earbuds.

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #469 of 1,031
  Out of all these cheap earbuds which are the most comfortable and best fitting? I always had issues with earbuds and that's what made me buy an in-ear about a decade ago. I've been using the Sunrise xcape iem for about 6 years, and what probably puts me out of listening in the street or public transport is the sometimes claustrophobic sense of isolation they provide, so i'm looking at earbuds.

I think my Awei ES10 is very comfortable because the housing is so small.

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #470 of 1,031
People seem to have good impressions of the Blox BE3, and they probably have a better QC since they can be bought directly from the manufacturer. The price is the limit i would go though at ~$40 since i have no clue about how it sounds and compares with my iem

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #471 of 1,031

I think my Awei ES10 is very comfortable because the housing is so small.

The housing of the Awei ES10 has the same dimension as almost every earbud shell: 17 mm (16,9 exactly).
The shell of the Blox BE3 has a diameter of 16,8 mm.
Here are the diameters (measured by myself) of some other famous earbuds:
Creative Aurvana Air = 17 mm
AKG K319 = 16,9 mm
Dasetn M1 = 16,9 mm
Blox ANV3se = 16,7 mm
Jiushao E300 = 16,7 mm
Sennheiser MX985 = 16,3
Yuin PK1 = 16,2 (the "smallest" ones...)

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #472 of 1,031

The housing of the Awei ES10 has the same dimension as almost every earbud shell: 17 mm (16,9 exactly).
The shell of the Blox BE3 has a diameter of 16,8 mm.
Creative Aurvana Air = 17 mm
AKG K319 = 16,9 mm
Dasetn M1 = 16,9 mm
Blox ANV3se = 16,7 mm
Jiushao E300 = 16,7 mm
Sennheiser MX985 = 16,3
Yuin PK1 = 16,2 (the "smallest" ones...)

Then something else makes it smaller, because I sold my Blox BE3 as it was too big for my ears.

I have the DIY PK3 and those are very comfortable as well.  As you say, they are the smallest.

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #473 of 1,031

Thanks for taking the time to measure them all!

Then something else makes it smaller, because I sold my Blox BE3 as it was too big for my ears.

I have the DIY PK3 and those are very comfortable as well.  As you say, they are the smallest.

The way the earbuds fit also has much to due with the housing shape. In the case of the Blox BE3 and other MX400-type designs, the "cap" portion that encapsulates the driver is rounded off but doesn't really taper toward the rear like other more modern designs, which effects stability and weight distribution.

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #475 of 1,031
hi, I wanted to know if you guys (from Singapore) received your items from Dasetn? I ordered twice but unfortunately, both did not arrived. my 2nd order was really a gamble knowing that my 1st haven't reached.

I'm from US and ordered from Dasetn three times.  First order they shipped and got to me no problem.  Second got to me but were missing one earbud.  Richard Ray here on head-fi (Dasetn rep?) helped me sort this out and I got the missing earbud.  Third order was over $100 over 6 months ago.  Multiple emails on the website and even messages to Richard Ray were ignored.  Never will order from them again and I highly DO NOT recommend Dasetn.

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #476 of 1,031
hi, I wanted to know if you guys (from Singapore) received your items from Dasetn? I ordered twice but unfortunately, both did not arrived. my 2nd order was really a gamble knowing that my 1st haven't reached.

I'm from US and ordered from Dasetn three times.  First order they shipped and got to me no problem.  Second got to me but were missing one earbud.  Richard Ray here on head-fi (Dasetn rep?) helped me sort this out and I got the missing earbud.  Third order was over $100 over 6 months ago.  Multiple emails on the website and even messages to Richard Ray were ignored.  Never will order from them again and I highly DO NOT recommend Dasetn.
I

On my first order, the lady (Lisa) from the website replied and said that I'll be refunded which was true. Then after a couple of months after that 1st order, I placed in my 2nd hoping that it will arrive to me this time. They still have until 24 to reply on my dispute from paypal.

Jan 21, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #477 of 1,031
I've ordered twice from Dasetn.  First time came quick without issue, I got the MC5 which I still use a lot when I watch movies.  

Then I sent them an email asking about the Aiwa M38 Headphone and M760 earphones, they were quick to respond so I ordered both.  Neither ever arrived.  I had to get my money back through PayPal as no one from Dasetn ever replied at multiple email address.

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #478 of 1,031
I have ordered 4 times from Dasetn and received all items. However, upon request for a tracking number before all items arrived, my requests were met with silence. While I am very pleased with the products I received from Dasetn and the extraordinary value for the money, I am very displeased with their non responsiveness to requests for tracking numbers. Each item had a tracking number, so their non-responsiveness is due to other factors. I always paid with PayPal and at least I know that I can get my refund paying that way - if I need to.

I probably will order from Dasetn - but it is with the knowledge that they will ignore any communication from me - and that there is a chance I will not receive my goods should they not make it to me - but be able to get a refund from PayPal.

I expect this as part of the Dasetn experience. Yes, it is a bit disconcerting. If I want more responsiveness, I'll have to plunk down more money with another company. When ordering my VModa-XS cans, I was kept in the loop all the time and not once did I fear not receiving my product. But at the same time, the cost of the XS was greater than 5x the cost of any single item I ordered from Dasetn.

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #479 of 1,031
Order twice from them but received only one from them....the funny thing is both of them have tracking number but never furnished to us@customer...got my refund from PayPal..

Will not buy from them if they can't even get the basic right...like providing tracking number...relying to email...Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back