High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Aug 14, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #91 of 1,031
  Mrice E100 ? aren't we supposed to buy Baldoor instead ?

On the plug is there any Baldoor mark on your new pair ? like this:

And does they sound the exact same (at low volume to test, to avoid your crackling problem maybe) ?

they are still Baldoor, but I feel Mrice is the parent company. They sound exactly the same. My right earbud was fine n the new is sounding exactly the same. Sound fuller n balanced with nice, wide soundstage. No more crackling sound. Below is the link where Mrice gives Baldoor page link on their website.
https://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://mrice.cn/about.aspx?type=parts&n_id=256&sl=auto&tl=null
The English website is http://www.mrice-tech.com/index.aspx

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #92 of 1,031
   they are still Baldoor, but I feel Mrice is the parent company. They sound exactly the same. My right earbud was fine n the new is sounding exactly the same. Sound fuller n balanced with nice, wide soundstage. No more crackling sound. Below is the link where Mrice gives Baldoor page link on their website.
https://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://mrice.cn/about.aspx?type=parts&n_id=256&sl=auto&tl=null

Not to get really off topic here but I just checked out MRice and their M1 bluetooth headphones look really cool aesthetically. No idea how they sound, but man they look futuristic like from the same design shop as the HD800. I think all of their products are called Baldoor officially so I guess the headphone is the Baldoor M1. 

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #93 of 1,031
Quote:

Ok, thanks for the precisions (and for the pics) :)

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #94 of 1,031
Aug 14, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #95 of 1,031
Just received my (black) Baldoor E100 today, had a quick listen with them and.... they are the most surprising (in term of sound) earbud that I've ever listened yet right out of the box ! looks like this is exact the soundstage I'am looking for, right amount of it with less wide and 3D than M760. Bass are amazing and present and precise but you need to point them into your ear canal to get the best of them, sadly.
Mids and highs are very good. Can't wait to give them a full week burning! they already sound amazing, looks very promising.
Mine arrived in perfect condition, they are absolutely brand new, no scratches, 2 pair of foamies (2 basics and 2 donuts), box is nice and quality. Cable looks very good even if I'am not a fan of triangle cable.
Let's start burning process. Probably my M760 killer, let's time say it :)
I will make a full review asap trying to compare them with PK1 and M760.
Cheers'

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #96 of 1,031
  Just received my (black) Baldoor E100 today, had a quick listen with them and.... they are the most surprising (in term of sound) earbud that I've ever listened yet right out of the box ! looks like this is exact the soundstage I'am looking for, right amount of it with less wide and 3D than M760. Bass are amazing and present and precise but you need to point them into your ear canal to get the best of them, sadly.
Mids and highs are very good. Can't wait to give them a full week burning! they already sound amazing, looks very promising.
Mine arrived in perfect condition, they are absolutely brand new, no scratches, 2 pair of foamies (2 basics and 2 donuts), box is nice and quality. Cable looks very good even if I'am not a fan of triangle cable.
Let's start burning process. Probably my M760 killer, let's time say it :)
I will make a full review asap trying to compare them with PK1 and M760.
Cheers'

Cheers buddy. I am ready to forget about any other headphones I own. Burning them side by side but cant resist myself to listen to them whenever I see them. They sound so natural n sweet.....goshhh. I'm in love..

Aug 15, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #101 of 1,031
Note: This is more of a recommendation than a review.

A lil backstory - years ago I bought this iTech bluetooth headset and during that time I wasn't into headphones/earphones yet. Then like a year ago I started looking for a good pair of headphones (where I discovered this site). Listened/tested all the low-end to high-end headphones (SRH240-940, DT770 Pro, to name a few) and I finally settled with Koss Pro DJ 100 due to its DJ features and my budget. So this was when I started exploring headphones/earphones, listening with/without amp, and so on.

This was also the time when I learned how nice my pair of iTech earbuds actually is. Listened to the Apple Earphones afterwards, it's just terrible. Then I listened to Apple Earpods, and found that it's actually not bad, definitely much better than all the earbuds out there that I have previously owned.

So that pretty much sums up my experience with headphones/earphones, and now comes to the main point. After realising how nice the iTech earbuds are, I took some guts to recable it, since it is J-cord and very, very short. Everything was perfect, till I accidentally tripped on the cable and had to recable one of the buds.
frown.gif
 But too bad, that particular driver was busted. Lost its bass.

Got quite annoyed, as I couldn't find a better replacement to it. The bluetooth headset was an old product, so it was no longer in production. Even if it's still in production, I can't justify getting the bluetooth headset just for bundled earbuds. Gave Earpods another chance again, but it is still not the sound signature that I wanted.

Ended up on this site again, and that's where I discovered and purchased Awei ES10, Dasetn's DIY PK2 & DIY PK3. Really happy with the purchases, but I found that I still miss that iTech earbuds for some reason! I can't really say that it's better or worse, but it's just different, and I like it.

So last month I actually went to hunt again for iTech earbuds, and guess what, I finally found a seller on Taobao, selling that specific pair of earbuds, and he's selling it separately! Couldn't be happier, and I ordered it right away. Due to its cheap pricetag ($4), I actually worry that it may be knockoff, since knockoffs of this bluetooth headset do exist. Nevertheless, today it has arrived, and it sounds exactly the way it's supposed to be. 
biggrin.gif

Link to the iTech earbuds on Taobao: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=112177731

Tl;dr
Tried many headphones and earphones, currently owned ES10, DIY PK2 and DIY PK3, but still missed my busted earbuds. Finally found a seller selling it and purchased the very same earbuds again. Therefore the recommendation.

P.S. Taobao is only available in Chinese, and it might be difficult for some of you guys to purchase from there. I myself do not know how to read and write in Chinese, but managed to create an account on Taobao, used Google Translation, and managed to communicate with the seller directly. The built-in Taobao chat messenger is very convenient for reaching the seller directly.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the seller has an Aliexpress store. If there are demands for this particular earbuds, I'm pretty sure he's willing to list it up on Aliexpress.

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #103 of 1,031
Okay, I'll try my best, since I'm not really good at describing them/writing a review.

ES10
-has the most bass
-vocals (mids/highs) a lil recessed, sounds a lil soft and with slightly different tone?

DIY PK2 
-dynamic
-less bass, but still quite a punch
-vocals, much better clarity

DIY PK3
-overall sounds a lil louder than DIY PK2
-"flatter" (I suppose less dynamic is a better way to put it) compared to DIY PK2

iTech
-bass somewhat like DIY PK2/PK3
-vocals are slightly less (in terms of dynamic/volume) than DIY PK2, but much better than ES10

Earpods
-bass is sightly less, but a lil punchier, compared with iTech
-vocals stand out slightly more compared to iTech

Quality/clarity wise, I think DIY PK2 is the best. However, I don't think it's the most balanced one. I've been recommended the Earbell E100 and I'm interested in trying MC5, but from the impression (I haven't listened to them yet) I'm getting, both the E100 and MC5 should be more balanced, which I'd like to put iTech in the same category - balanced.

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #104 of 1,031
Okay, I'll try my best, since I'm not really good at describing them/writing a review.

ES10
-has the most bass
-vocals (mids/highs) a lil recessed, sounds a lil soft and with slightly different tone?

DIY PK2 
-dynamic
-less bass, but still quite a punch
-vocals, much better clarity

DIY PK3
-overall sounds a lil louder than DIY PK2
-"flatter" (I suppose less dynamic is a better way to put it) compared to DIY PK2

iTech
-bass somewhat like DIY PK2/PK3
-vocals are slightly less (in terms of dynamic/volume) than DIY PK2, but much better than ES10

Earpods
-bass is sightly less, but a lil punchier, compared with iTech
-vocals stand out slightly more compared to iTech

Quality/clarity wise, I think DIY PK2 is the best. However, I don't think it's the most balanced one. I've been recommended the Earbell E100 and I'm interested in trying MC5, but from the impression (I haven't listened to them yet) I'm getting, both the E100 and MC5 should be more balanced, which I'd like to put iTech in the same category - balanced.

Thanks for d quick comparisons

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #105 of 1,031
I think I know how to describe them better now, in terms of sub-bass/bass and mids/highs.

In terms of sub-bass:
ES10 > iTech > DIY PK2 / DIY PK3 > Earpods

In terms of mids/highs:
DIY PK2 / PK3 > Earpods > iTech > ES10

Edit: My impression on Earpods may not be as accurate since I don't own it. And DIY PK2 > DIY PK3 anytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back