High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Aug 5, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #62 of 1,031
Anyone know of any non-in ear earbuds that have a mic for smartphone use?

The Blue Ever Blue 328RM has a mic:

http://blueeverblue.com/product-black.html

Just make sure you select the RM version for $33.

If you email them before you order and mention Head-Fi they will give you an invoice for $5 off.

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #63 of 1,031

Anyone know of any non-in ear earbuds that have a mic for smartphone use?

The Blue Ever Blue 328RM has a mic:

http://blueeverblue.com/product-black.html

Just make sure you select the RM version for $33.

If you email them before you order and mention Head-Fi they will give you an invoice for $5 off.

Anyone got any comparisons on these buds vs. M760 and Sennheiser MX985/PK1? I'm interested because of the mic. BEB is such a small brand, I can't find anything on them really. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #64 of 1,031
Aug 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #65 of 1,031
As someone mentioned previously, this apparently DIY PK1 is currently on sale for $15.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yuin-pk1-diy-original-earphones-150-aesthetic/1732845579.html

Anyone interested in experimenting?

P.S. The product description shows 4 options, kinda clueless about them. "pk2 red", "match pk1 ancient the line", "pk2 black" and "pk1 relationshipwith".

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #66 of 1,031
  As someone mentioned previously, this apparently DIY PK1 is currently on sale for $15.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yuin-pk1-diy-original-earphones-150-aesthetic/1732845579.html

P.S. The product description shows 4 options, kinda clueless about them. "pk2 red", "match pk1 ancient the line", "pk2 black" and "pk1 relationshipwith".

I'd get it if I was at least 10% sure they are real. But I highly doubt they are real. Even half the pictures show weird housings that aren't even Yuin housings. I don't even know what they are. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #67 of 1,031

Thanks zxmn for the info. Placed the order today. The seller is very responsive. According to him (or her), you just have to specify if you want a PK1 or PK2 (for the housing maybe). I was also able to indicate whether I want the 150 or 32 ohm version. Since the available options right now are black and red cable, I chose the black one and specified my preferred cable length. Personally at $15, I have too little to lose. I checked at Aliexpress that feedback for this product has been provided and they are quite positive so I decided to pull the trigger. Will post impression when it arrives. The MC5 and BE7 are still on its way. Once all are in, I will give a quick comparison and post which one is my favorite of the bunch.

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #68 of 1,031

Thanks zxmn for the info. Placed the order today. The seller is very responsive. According to him (or her), you just have to specify if you want a PK1 or PK2 (for the housing maybe). I was also able to indicate whether I want the 150 or 32 ohm version. Since the available options right now are black and red cable, I chose the black one and specified my preferred cable length. Personally at $15, I have too little to lose. I checked at Aliexpress that feedback for this product has been provided and they are quite positive so I decided to pull the trigger. Will post impression when it arrives. The MC5 and BE7 are still on its way. Once all are in, I will give a quick comparison and post which one is my favorite of the bunch.

Awesome! Will be waiting eagerly for your quick comparisons 
popcorn.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #69 of 1,031

What did you end up ordering the 150 or 32 ohm / the PK1 or PK2 housing?

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #70 of 1,031
Looks like HiSoundAudio is now selling their products directly through Amazon now.

Their profile is less that a week old as I write this. Hopefully it is really them.

They are selling the PAA-1 PRO for $28.66 (with free shipping): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LSQP2OO/

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #71 of 1,031
Okay, so I saw these and bought a pair. http://earhoox.com/

The good:
- Nicely packaged; not just things in a baggy.
- There are two pairs for $10 not just one pair. S and L oddly enough.
- They work! Stable and a better fit for good sound. Small works for me as it is firmer.
- Slit the edge of a foamy and still use foam over them if you choose.

Tried the Yurbuds and they are okay. These have worked out better for me. Same thing two pairs for $10 like Yurbuds bud these give you two different sizes. Small and large is a bit odd. They really should add a medium size. Anyhow, not gonna change the sound as much as Yurbuds will since they don't cap off the front any so no stage size change and Yurbuds can really add to the thickness of a bud and be uncomfortable. These Earhoox should stand a better chance of working out for people.

I put the small on my Audio-technica CHX7 and they lock them in so they don't move and the tighter fit gives me the bass that is lacking with the stock caps or foams. The CHX7 used to let bass escape out the top and now there is a bit more bass than with foams on and also a bit less volume is needed for them now.

The two things that are wrong about them would be no medium size as of yet and the large is not as firm as the small and may be harder too fit them right. A medium size and a few more color choices added and they would be close to ideal.

My Tingos are out on loan now so I can't try them yet but the TC100 for example should benefit from a firmer fit into the ear. Also as the TC100 are quite big the previously mentioned Yurbud caps over the TC100 is a too big. I'm pretty sure the Earhoox should help with most any of the buds mentioned in this thread if one finds the fit not ideal.

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #72 of 1,031
Looks like HiSoundAudio is now selling their products directly through Amazon now.

Their profile is less that a week old as I write this. Hopefully it is really them.

They are selling the PAA-1 PRO for $28.66 (with free shipping): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LSQP2OO/

Dang. Looks like the M760s have got big, big competition at the price point of the PAA-1 PRO now. 

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #73 of 1,031

What did you end up ordering the 150 or 32 ohm / the PK1 or PK2 housing?

Ordered PK1 at 32 ohm. I even requested the seller to make it 16 ohm if he could and he agreed. Hopefully it will sound as good as it gets. 

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #74 of 1,031
  Dang. Looks like the M760s have got big, big competition at the price point of the PAA-1 PRO now. 

Yeah but the M760 (for me) is hard to beat. So far it's my favorite of what I already have. Still waiting for the MC5, BE7 and now the DIY PK1. Looks like a showdown is happening very soon. Will keep you posted guys.

Aug 8, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #75 of 1,031
M760 is best value for money for me . Great sound quality for the price . Of course the bass can't beat the bass quality of pk1 but then again pk1 is much more expensive 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back