High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jun 6, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #798 of 1,031
No problem, Golov, though they only make the MX475, in particular, a bit better as they need a tighter fit but the housing doesn't cooperate fully. MX475 are on loan to me. Better than the MX375, the M2C, and the E100 slightly, maybe a step under the BE5. Loose fit is an issue and the treble needs a bit of refinement. The MX686G is even better sounding but fit and adjustment for the best sound takes some time to learn with caps and adjustable ear fins to work with. Both are nice sounding Senn buds.

Btw, You can try two ways to combine foams and Earhoox. Either the Earhoox on top of the foam but that may not work well if they want to slide of the particular housing(depends on model) or make a slit along the edge of the foam and slide the hook part through it.

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #800 of 1,031
My Sennheiser MX-500's finally died after what seems like a decade of use, so now I'm back in the earbud market which sadly seems to have been completely overtaken by the IEM market. (I tried the Xiaomi Pistons ... they sound nice ... but ultimately I prefer earbuds for daily wear)

I tried the Tingo TG-38S last month but was greatly disappointed. Almost a harsh sound and the bass reproduction is very poor. I tried to hopefully coax a different soundstage out of it by burning it in for 50+ hours over the past week, but the sound wasn't changing much at all.

Knowing the lead time in shipping from China and frustration with the Tingo's, I ordered the Dasetn M760 and the Edifier 180 two weeks ago hoping one of the two can successfully replace my MX-500's. Crossing my fingers one of them will step up to the plate ...

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #801 of 1,031
I'd recommend Blox BE3. Same housing as MX500 and soundwise it's a definite improvement. You can get the BE3 for $37 from here: http://bloxearphone.com/purchase.htm

I've got Dasetn M760 and think it's pretty good. However, there are other cheap Chinese earbuds that I like better, such as Blox BE3 and Baldoor Earbell E100. Still I think that M760 will also be an improvement compared to MX500.
Haven't heard Edifier 180 so I can't comment on that one...

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #802 of 1,031
  I'd recommend Blox BE3. Same housing as MX500 and soundwise it's a definite improvement. You can get the BE3 for $37 from here: http://bloxearphone.com/purchase.htm

I've got Dasetn M760 and think it's pretty good. However, there are other cheap Chinese earbuds that I like better, such as Blox BE3 and Baldoor Earbell E100. Still I think that M760 will also be an improvement compared to MX500.
Haven't heard Edifier 180 so I can't comment on that one...

Thanks for the info, I'll get the Blox if the Dasetn or Edifiers don't really fit my need. I probably should have posted my situation before I started randomly ordering earbuds left and right!

Jun 13, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #803 of 1,031
Well, I think you might be very pleased with the M760and perhaps also with the Edifiers. A few years ago there were hardly and good new earbud models to be found except for Yuin, and now there's a whole bunch of Chinese makers and DIY sellers (such as Dasetn).

Jun 14, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #804 of 1,031
  Well, I think you might be very pleased with the M760and perhaps also with the Edifiers. A few years ago there were hardly and good new earbud models to be found except for Yuin, and now there's a whole bunch of Chinese makers and DIY sellers (such as Dasetn).

Yeah, I'm glad the Chinese makers have stepped up and filled in this portion of the market.

I just got the M760's in and am very impressed. The clarity and wide soundstage was apparent right from the start. It's almost as if the upgrade in sound reproduction is re-training my ears since I'm now hearing new elements in the music I usually run through earbuds.

These seem to be perfect for vocals and layered music. I also started watching a movie on my laptop with them and they were astounding.

While I have nothing but praise for them, I'm not sure they're perfectly suited for my day to day use. Sadly, I listen to really bad pop music and even worse hip hop music daily while at work and I wish I could coax just a bit more warmth and bass out of the M760's somehow.

The Edifiers come in on Monday so we'll see how they compare. At the very least, now I have a great replacement/upgrade for the now defunct MX-500s

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #805 of 1,031
While I have nothing but praise for them, I'm not sure they're perfectly suited for my day to day use. Sadly, I listen to really bad pop music and even worse hip hop music daily while at work and I wish I could coax just a bit more warmth and bass out of the M760's somehow.

For warmth and fun sound, you REALLY should try the Awei ES10. Super cheap, super bassy and lots of fun.

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #806 of 1,031
For warmth and fun sound, you REALLY should try the Awei ES10. Super cheap, super bassy and lots of fun.

Just looked up the comments and these sound like something I should try no matter what. I mean $5 isn't even an investment. Thanks for mentioning them and surfacing them, these definitely aren't as heavily mentioned as other brands.

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #807 of 1,031
Just looked up the comments and these sound like something I should try no matter what. I mean $5 isn't even an investment. Thanks for mentioning them and surfacing them, these definitely aren't as heavily mentioned as other brands.

I personally think for the price that they are amazing. Just only get the ES10 though. The other Awei earbuds are not very good.

Jun 14, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #808 of 1,031
Dasetn MC5 are also good if you want a lot of bass. They are a bit like the Beats headphones - bass, bass and a little bit more of bass. Not the best quality of bass but a lot of quantity. They are still pretty good and balanced, but in my opinion sometimes bass can be a bit overpowering.

Here's goldenSHK's opinion on the MC5 (with BloodyPenguin also offering his view): http://www.head-fi.org/t/711844/dasetn-tingo-baldoor-earbuds-reviews-and-impressions/1110#post_10716284

Both the MC5 and Awei ES10 are really cheap, so you could try both of them for less than $20...

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #810 of 1,031
The MC5 is not as bassy for me. Maybe I do not get as good as a seal. Thought I did mention, with the bass boost on (for testing purposes), it does handle the extra power down low quite well.

The MC5 I use for watching movies with the wife a lot though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back