High-'end' chocolates: Toblerone, Ritter Sport, what else?
Dec 24, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #31 of 50

One of the people I gave some of that choclate to said: "Oh, like a chocolate covered pretzel". I'd never heard of such a thing, but if it tastes like this then I'd like to.
Quote:
Quote:
^basically combines both of the two food groups: Salty, Sweet.  Complete nutrition.

Oh, John & Kira's doesn't suck...

Much like chocolate-covered pretzel... 
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 24, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #34 of 50

Quote:
One of the people I gave some of that choclate to said: "Oh, like a chocolate covered pretzel". I'd never heard of such a thing, but if it tastes like this then I'd like to.

I would encourage you to have one. They are a lot more pedestrian than the sea salt chocolate (which I also really like), but they're always a good thing to have.

Shows the versatility and culinary prowess of the pretzel!

EDIT: OH HEYLL NAH, UNCLE ERIK.

Dec 24, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #36 of 50
BT McElrath:  Makes a good one...called Salty Dog.

In the Bay Area, if you haven't been to "Chocolate Covered" little shop in Noe Valley (SF)- I drive up there and get some of my X-mas gifts every year now.

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #37 of 50
Actually chocolate and churros is a classic.  Was living off the stuff in Buenos Aires.  It was so addictive at one time the Pope issued at Fatwah against it.  
tongue_smile.gif
wink_face.gif

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #38 of 50
You went to BA? Nice. I myself want to go to Caracas for some reason.
Also my dad just walked in with four bars of "chain store quality" Swiss chocolate. Well it does say Made in Switzerland...

Dec 24, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #39 of 50
Some of the better chocolates that I've tried and enjoyed when I can get my hands on them would be Valhrona, Amedei, and Michel Cluizel. Other chocolates I enjoy that are readily available to me would be Waialua Estate Chocolate, Original Hawaiian Chocolate, Green & Blacks (G & B), and Scharfenberger Chocolates. Vosages makes some unsual and interesting chocolates. I also enjoy their Mo's Bacon Bar especially the dark chocolate one.

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #42 of 50
I like trying different chocolates and candies, mainly what I find at Cost Plus or little shops around town. Yet I come back to Hershey bars for the most part. The Hershey bar is a lot like Kraft dinner. I can easily make a gourmet mac and cheese, but sometimes what I really want is simply Kraft dinner.
I will chime in, in agreement with those critical of Godiva, but you can almost never go wrong in buying a lady a box of Godivas. There's an ingrediant in Godivas that seems to make women want to remove their panties.

Dec 27, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #44 of 50
No chocolate is better (to me) than Ritter Sport.  Awesome, awesome chocolate bars.  And all the flavors, too!?!?! 

Ritter Sport, along with beer and bread, helped me pack on some poundage when I was first stationed in Germany.

Dec 27, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #45 of 50
Ritter Sport Neapolitan Wafer is my favourite, Yoghurt being second in the Ritter Sport range.

Valrhona is good chocolate to savour, but my go-to is Lindt Sea Salt. There is another chocolate thread on here somewhere too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back