High End Cables Thread (digital, analog, power)
Aug 23, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #722 of 908
Hey friends,
What are your favourite AES/EBU cables?

Currently I have one from Forza AudioWorks and no others to compare to.

This will be my connection of choice for Wavelight Server to T+A DAC. Which means I can't use i2S.

Aug 23, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #723 of 908
Furutech Digiflux. There is a new version with NCF connectors I haven't heard yet. Might get good deals on the older model.

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #724 of 908
I've been very pleased with the TWL Passion USB so I ordered a set of the Spirit II XLRs to go between the Holo Spring 3 and Bliss.

Spirit II XLR.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #726 of 908
It's still early in my IC cable journey, these will be replacing a set of Pangea Premier SE that I've actually really enjoyed and also against a set of Audio Envy O'nestian I use in another setup. Both of these sets were much better than standard courtesy cables and offerings from the likes of Worlds Best Cables and similar. Hearing the Passion USB and how much I liked it vs the Shunyata Venom USB it replaced was the deciding factor for me to go with the Spirit II XLRs. I'm no expert but the TWL cables seem to have good synergy with the setup I'm using them in. At least my ears like it anyway.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #727 of 908
@Delta9K the Spirit II xlr are very clean and transparent. I use them between my wavelight and Raal vm1a. if u liked the Passion, then the Spirit XLR will be good in the sense they won't add/subtract much else. I had the Audio Envy O'nestian and the Spirit XLR build quality will make the Audio Envy cables feel like a toy. congrats on your new gear!

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #728 of 908
@Delta9K the Spirit II xlr are very clean and transparent. I use them between my wavelight and Raal vm1a. if u liked the Passion, then the Spirit XLR are will be good in the sense they won't add/subtract much else. I had the Audio Envy O'nestian and the Spirit XLR build quality will make the Audio Envy cables feel like a toy. congrats on your new gear!
How would you say the Audio Envy O'nestian compare sonically to the Spirit XLR? I currently am using the AE O'nestian and am quite happy but I am sure there is "better".

Sep 6, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #729 of 908
How would you say the Audio Envy O'nestian compare sonically to the Spirit XLR? I currently am using the AE O'nestian and am quite happy but I am sure there is "better".

I didn't keep the AE cables long enough to get a good impression of them.. but I felt they were cut from the same cloth as canare L4E6S. ok but a bit flat presentation, almost like a limiter to the system.

I got caught up on reviews from one of the threads on Audiogon forum about the AE cables and bought a whole slew of cables (xlr, digital, speaker cables, and a few power cables) to get a full loom, but shallow as it sounds I was put off by the build quality.

The spirit ii XLR don't cost all that much more but you get a great cable that really "gets out of the way" of music, is built amazingly well (super flexible and possibly the best, hefty, smooth feeling xlr connectors I've tried), and just super customer service from Pete.

Sep 6, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #730 of 908
I didn't keep the AE cables long enough to get a good impression of them.. but I felt they were cut from the same cloth as canare L4E6S. ok but a bit flat presentation, almost like a limiter to the system.

I got caught up on reviews from one of the threads on Audiogon forum about the AE cables and bought a whole slew of cables (xlr, digital, speaker cables, and a few power cables) to get a full loom, but shallow as it sounds I was put off by the build quality.

The spirit ii XLR don't cost all that much more but you get a great cable that really "gets out of the way" of music, is built amazingly well (super flexible and possibly the best, hefty, smooth feeling xlr connectors I've tried), and just super customer service from Pete.
Thanks for the info! I am going to give the Spirit II XLR a try soon.

Sep 6, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #731 of 908
FWIW it looks like the TWL utilize the same xlr connector as what's on the Audience AU24 SX (not sure what they are, but they don't appear to be any of the usual suspects: Furutech, Neotech, Cardas, ETI, AECO, Viborg, Xhadow, Eizz, Xhadow, Oyaide, ATL, Vampire etc). I've often waffled about giving them a shot too, to see how the Neotech bulk cable/DIY route compares to a comparably-priced commercial offering. My last set cost about as much as the Spirit II's in materials.

maybe someday...

Sep 11, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #732 of 908

I am very happy with the In-Akustik Reference Digital 2404 Air Pure Silver. They had a "try at your system" marketing program for their cables a few months back. When I looked for the best connection between my Aurender N30SA and the Gryphon Ethos (as a DAC), I tried different AES/EBU, RCA and USB cables. AES/EBU sounded best, and the Reference Air beat the competition by a wide margin.

I am still confused that it makes a difference at all. I can understand this with power cables, speaker cables, interconnects. The fact that digital cable has a similar influence still puzzles me. But it is as it is.

Sep 12, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #734 of 908
Hi - any experience with Siltech power supply cables - I have at the moment mostly audioquest Firebird?

Sep 12, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #735 of 908
Hi - any experience with Siltech power supply cables - I have at the moment mostly audioquest Firebird?
Only decent Siltech I have tested so far is SPX-800 (discontinued). No experience with the newest generation though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back