High End Cables Thread (digital, analog, power)
Jun 16, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #706 of 889
Gentlemen what do you think about dynamics? Punchy bass, attacks, sense of that immediate appearance of sound?

Again, I would say it is pretty neutral. If the recording has big dynamics and punchy bass you'll get all of it. But it isn't going to make the sound more dynamic or add bass if it isn't there.

...I want to try NA Muon and Tubulus Concentus (both have a 30days return policy), and see if any of these become the new King Arthur who can pull Supra Excalibur out of my DAC 🤣

That is an interesting comparison, esp. since I've been using a Tubulus Argentus for that last few years. The cables definitely have a different sound. The Tubulus is more forward, and might come across as more punchy and dynamic. But after listening to the ENO 4 I'd call it a little bit aggressive and even "digital" in comparison. FWIW I also have Tubulus Concentus XLRs between my DAC and headphone/pre-amp and they are very resolving and neutral (also the most expensive interconnects I've tried).

But, they are both excellent cables with a ton of resolution, dynamics, imaging and all the other audiophile stuff for which we pay all that money. Like I said above, the difference is clear, but small and your preference (like everything else) depends on your taste and the rest of your system. I mostly listen to classical and jazz, which might be the best match for the ENO 4 "sound," but last night I was rocking out to Led Zeppelin and it was the next best thing to being there.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #707 of 889
I use the Tubulus Concentus I2S/Muon USB combo, there are no issues with dynamics. I think I posted earlier in this thread a bit after receiving the Concentus that the attack had the capability to be startling at times.

That said, these cables really allow the attributes of the components to come through, so you'll see what your source is capable of.

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #709 of 889
Stealth Audio Black Magic Ethernet v.21 Cat Ultra 8 is in the system and fully burned in. I don't have extensive experience with different ethernet cables, like I do with all other cable types, so my comments should be taken in light of that fact. I do have a ton of experience with all other cable types but I am late to jump on the ethernet train.

For ethernet I've had the original Sablon, Sablon 2020, Belden from Blue Jeans cable, and throw-away cheapies. Oh, and a SOtM ethernet cable that came with my SOtM ethernet filter, but it is not labeled. I do have a SOtM Iso Cat 7 ethernet filter, but I did not insert it. My findings: the Stealth is superior to both Sablon models, the Belden and shockingly, the throw away cables :relaxed:. I did have an opportunity to return this Stealth Cable, but it is a keeper.

The improvements are: sound stage improvements (more apparent space around instruments), a blacker background which in turn makes details and instrumental timbre more obvious and noticeable and greater transparency. Textural cues are also more noticeable and dynamics also seem to be improved just a bit. All subjective of course.

The degree of the improvements are not massive, but definitely and sufficiently noticeable for me to elect to keep this cable. From a value proposition, I wish this cable was not so expensive as diminishing returns kick in, as compared to my much cheaper Sablon 2020, but I did get a nice dealer discount. In addition to improved sonics, the Stealth cable is much more flexible than the Sablon ethernet cables, which are quite stiff and resistant to twisting, which can be annoying when trying to shoe-horn them into place.

Stealth Black Magic.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #710 of 889
I had Tubulus Concentus I2S. I2S cable was nothing but perfect, will see if the USB is also that good.
Got Tubulus Concentus USB. Exactly the same sound as with their I2S cable. Even without any prior “burn in”. Fast, clean and extremely resolving. Absolutely best USB cable I’ve heard so far. And “only” €559 for 1m cable 🤔 In comparison with other high-end USB offerings this is still kinda “cheap” 🤣

So far my experience with Tubulus digital cables was nothing but great. Now I feel I should try their Ethernet also.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #711 of 889
Got Tubulus Concentus USB. Exactly the same sound as with their I2S cable. Even without any prior “burn in”. Fast, clean and extremely resolving. Absolutely best USB cable I’ve heard so far. And “only” €559 for 1m cable 🤔 In comparison with other high-end USB offerings this is still kinda “cheap” 🤣

So far my experience with Tubulus digital cables was nothing but great. Now I feel I should try their Ethernet also.

Have you ever experienced Sablon USB? (both Evo and non-evo) I heard many good impressions about them and want to compare with Tubulus.

Jul 6, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #713 of 889
Next up, I recently bought a Gigawatt PowerSync Ultra power cord. I had a spot open in my system and after reading the review from Christiaan Punter on hifi-advice, I decided to pull the trigger.

I think Christiaan's review is spot on, so I'd just refer you to that review:

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/re...us-powersync-ultra-and-lc-2-evo-power-cables/

I like the fact it is ranked #2 on his power cord list, at a (relatively) affordable price.

The build quality of the cord is exceptional and thankfully the cord is rather flexible. I have it installed on my preamp in the speaker system.

gigawatt-1.jpg

gigawatt-3.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #714 of 889
I think I might have been the one who mentioned soft highs on the MUON. It turned out to be a break in issue for some strange reason the cable took 300 hours to settle in my system. Once fully settled it was generally neutral, it is amazing how much digital noise/artifacts it removes resulting to pure music enjoyment.

Aug 4, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #716 of 889
Burning in a new pair of Cardas Clear Reflections this evening. Wow - really awesome and only a couple hours deep :musical_note:

how is it going so far? any itch to go up the range to a Clear?

on a different note, recently i've been reading posts on hqplayer and several times Juusi the creator of hqp had suggested just using a cat6a ethernet cable for best results. well, i bit the bullet and ordered two pieces of cat6a BJC-C6AP from Blue Jeans Cables; a longer length to go between router and Sonore Optical Module, and a shorter length to go from Melco s100/2 to Meitner MA3.

BJC built them pretty fast and shipped via FedEx so i got them in a few days. Each cable came with a testing report that showed they passed tests (though, i've no idea how to interpret the data). Plopped them into the system and left them there for a few days of listening. Safe to say, they do the job. Anyhow, after a few days, I placed my previous ethernet cables back into the system (Furutech LAN8 NCF from router to Sonore, and Pink Faun from Melco to MA3) and i most definitely prefer my old cables. Vocals seem less etchy sounding, and the bass/low end is more enjoyable; impactful, slightly looser, nicer reverb, like you can feel the oomph easier.

i find the Furutech LAN8 NCF a real bang for buck data cable. i was slightly skeptical when my friend recommended to try it, but i am glad i did. built well, good connectors, decently routable. i do wish it came in black rather than purple.

Aug 4, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #717 of 889
how is it going so far? any itch to go up the range to a Clear?

on a different note, recently i've been reading posts on hqplayer and several times Juusi the creator of hqp had suggested just using a cat6a ethernet cable for best results. well, i bit the bullet and ordered two pieces of cat6a BJC-C6AP from Blue Jeans Cables; a longer length to go between router and Sonore Optical Module, and a shorter length to go from Melco s100/2 to Meitner MA3.

BJC built them pretty fast and shipped via FedEx so i got them in a few days. Each cable came with a testing report that showed they passed tests (though, i've no idea how to interpret the data). Plopped them into the system and left them there for a few days of listening. Safe to say, they do the job. Anyhow, after a few days, I placed my previous ethernet cables back into the system (Furutech LAN8 NCF from router to Sonore, and Pink Faun from Melco to MA3) and i most definitely prefer my old cables. Vocals seem less etchy sounding, and the bass/low end is more enjoyable; impactful, slightly looser, nicer reverb, like you can feel the oomph easier.

i find the Furutech LAN8 NCF a real bang for buck data cable. i was slightly skeptical when my friend recommended to try it, but i am glad i did. built well, good connectors, decently routable. i do wish it came in black rather than purple.

So far - I am really enjoying them - beyond the fantastic detail/resolution - the part that is really striking is the improved note-weight, dimension and general "heft" - truly fantastic.

yes - most defintly making me curious what happens farther up the line :)

Aug 4, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #718 of 889
So far - I am really enjoying them - beyond the fantastic detail/resolution - the part that is really striking is the improved note-weight, dimension and general "heft" - truly fantastic.

yes - most defintly making me curious what happens farther up the line :)

am looking forward to getting them back in my chain. I've not tried Clear (other than the power cords), well mainly because of the xlr interconnects price. have read some posts on Audiogon forum of ppl who have tried both Clear Reflection and Clear, and some have u-turned to back to Clear Reflection for the same characteristics u mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back