High End Cables Thread (digital, analog, power)
Jul 18, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #376 of 881
Hi, some impressions on the Danacable Nirvana Force for High Powered Amps power cable (product link). Far, far from the final word on this cable, just some impressions for now. About 150 hours of burn-in. Comparing it directly to a Furutech DPS4.1 with FI-48 NCF Rhodium connectors.

I'm using it at the moment with the Bricasti M3h DAC with its headphone-out connected to an Abyss Phi TC. I love this combo at the moment for acoustic music. I don't think I've heard the TC sound as clean, detailed, and transparent as this particular combo, reminding me of a well-tuned Utopia system. For these reasons, this setup also makes it simpler to detect differences in power cables. Note that so far, I'm liking using beefy 'high current' cables into the DAC.

The TL/DR is that the DPS4.1 has a looser, free-er sound, while the Nirvana Force has a more controlled sound. I'm finding as I try out more expensive cables that they tend to gravitate towards one of these two poles (loose-and-free versus controlled).

Music used for this comparison is jazz piano trio stuff, which is basically half of everything I listen to.

Note that these observations are relative, not value judgements in and of themselves.

DPS 4.1 (FI-48 NCF Rh)

- More "open" sounding
- More decay on cymbals and put more emphasis on cymbals generally in the typical piano trio sound mix.
- More sense of sustain on piano
- More realistic timbre on both stand-up bass and piano due to evenness in tonality, IMO

Nirvana Force HC

- Darker, and slightly suppressed upper-mids; not a bad trait on a neutral solid state setup like the Bricasti M3h + Abyss TC.
- Stand-up bass sounds slightly muffled, especially immediately after hearing the DPS 4.1.
- More closed-sounding in relative terms compared to the Furutech. Less width.
- Sounds less loud, presumably due to tonal differences.
- A more controlled sound as mentioned; greater "black-background" effect
- A little more sense of macrodynamic contrast
- Sharper imaging, better separation, probably a little better sense of depth. These are probably its best traits.

Last thing I can say at this point is that I've tried a couple other phat power cables that are big on "cleaning up" the sound signature, having a blacker background, etc, but they've come with downsides that were dealbreakers for me. Namely, being too bright and compromising dynamics. I don't hear that with Nirvana Force. So far I'm finding the cable to be very interesting and a nice complement to my DPS 4.1 cables.

I may update this post as my impressions evolve. I kind of use the forum as a place to jot down my thoughts even while they're still in progress, lol. Anyways.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #377 of 881
Hi, some impressions on the Danacable Nirvana Force for High Powered Amps power cable (product link). Far, far from the final word on this cable, just some impressions for now. About 150 hours of burn-in. Comparing it directly to a Furutech DPS4.1 with FI-48 NCF Rhodium connectors.

I'm using it at the moment with the Bricasti M3h DAC with its headphone-out connected to an Abyss Phi TC. I love this combo at the moment for acoustic music. I don't think I've heard the TC sound as clean, detailed, and transparent as this particular combo, reminding me of a well-tuned Utopia system. For these reasons, this setup also makes it simpler to detect differences in power cables. Note that so far, I'm liking using beefy 'high current' cables into the DAC.

The TL/DR is that the DPS4.1 has a looser, free-er sound, while the Nirvana Force has a more controlled sound. I'm finding as I try out more expensive cables that they tend to gravitate towards one of these two poles (loose-and-free versus controlled).

Music used for this comparison is jazz piano trio stuff, which is basically half of everything I listen to.

Note that these observations are relative, not value judgements in and of themselves.

DPS 4.1 (FI-48 NCF Rh)

- More "open" sounding
- More decay on cymbals and put more emphasis on cymbals generally in the typical piano trio sound mix.
- More sense of sustain on piano
- More realistic timbre on both stand-up bass and piano due to evenness in tonality, IMO

Nirvana Force HC

- Darker, and slightly suppressed upper-mids; not a bad trait on a neutral solid state setup like the Bricasti M3h + Abyss TC.
- Stand-up bass sounds slightly muffled, especially immediately after hearing the DPS 4.1.
- More closed-sounding in relative terms compared to the Furutech. Less width.
- Sounds less loud, presumably due to tonal differences.
- A more controlled sound as mentioned; greater "black-background" effect
- A little more sense of macrodynamic contrast
- Sharper imaging, better separation, probably a little better sense of depth. These are probably its best traits.

Last thing I can say at this point is that I've tried a couple other phat power cables that are big on "cleaning up" the sound signature, having a blacker background, etc, but they've come with downsides that were dealbreakers for me. Namely, being too bright and compromising dynamics. I don't hear that with Nirvana Force. So far I'm finding the cable to be very interesting and a nice complement to my DPS 4.1 cables.

I may update this post as my impressions evolve. I kind of use the forum as a place to jot down my thoughts even while they're still in progress, lol. Anyways.
I own the DPS4.1 and I echo your observations as I also love the cable for jazz, instrumental pieces for piano especially.

Aug 26, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #378 of 881
Just stumbled upon this thread, not sure how I missed it before. Thanks for setting it up Roasty!

I have two separate systems in different rooms, one for speakers, the other is for headphones:

Current:

Sablon: power cords (older Gran Coronas), usb (still using 2020), ethernet cables (2020).

Kimber: Palladian PK10 and PK14 power cords (thanks to Audio Bacon).

Stealth: Dream power cords, Sextet tunable spdif, Metacarbon interconnects.

MG Audio: This company went out of business due to the death of one of the partners, but I've got the MG Audio Planus 3 as my speaker cables in the speaker system and love them.

I am all set except:

1. USB: I might want to upgrade my USB's (looking at Sablon Evo, Stealth and Final Touch Sinope).

2. RCA Interconnects: I've got one open spot for analog RCA interconnects and it'll be the Stealth Metacarbon as I LOVE them, or Sablon Evo. Just need to contact Mark for a demo so I can compare Evo to Metacarbon.

3. Power Cords: One system has all Stealth Dream and they are staying put, no changes. The other system is a mix of Sablon Gran Corona and Kimber Palladian. I might be looking to upgrade the Gran Corona. I might just go all Palladian.

Aug 26, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #379 of 881
Just stumbled upon this thread, not sure how I missed it before. Thanks for setting it up Roasty!

I have two separate systems in different rooms, one for speakers, the other is for headphones:

Current:

Sablon: power cords (older Gran Coronas), usb (still using 2020), ethernet cables (2020).

Kimber: Palladian PK10 and PK14 power cords (thanks to Audio Bacon).

Stealth: Dream power cords, Sextet tunable spdif, Metacarbon interconnects.

MG Audio: This company went out of business due to the death of one of the partners, but I've got the MG Audio Planus 3 as my speaker cables in the speaker system and love them.

I am all set except:

1. USB: I might want to upgrade my USB's (looking at Sablon Evo, Stealth and Final Touch Sinope).

2. RCA Interconnects: I've got one open spot for analog RCA interconnects and it'll be the Stealth Metacarbon as I LOVE them, or Sablon Evo. Just need to contact Mark for a demo so I can compare Evo to Metacarbon.

3. Power Cords: One system has all Stealth Dream and they are staying put, no changes. The other system is a mix of Sablon Gran Corona and Kimber Palladian. I might be looking to upgrade the Gran Corona. I might just go all Palladian.

that is a nice lineup of cables!
if i would change out one thing, it'd be the sablon ethernet cable. have u tried others?
the sablon evo and FTA sinope are tempting; i've been waiting ages on whatsbestforum for someone to compare them but have not seen a decent post so far.

Aug 26, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #380 of 881
Oops, forgot to mention my headphone cable: Norne Vykari.

Super happy with it. I understand the cost of silver is too high so they stopped making it for the time being as it would be crazy expensive.

Aug 26, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #381 of 881
that is a nice lineup of cables!
if i would change out one thing, it'd be the sablon ethernet cable. have u tried others?
the sablon evo and FTA sinope are tempting; i've been waiting ages on whatsbestforum for someone to compare them but have not seen a decent post so far.

The Sablon 2020 is the only audiophile ethernet cable I've ever owned so I don't really have any point of reference, but I am open to suggestions.

Aug 27, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #382 of 881
Since high end is relative (feeding the first post), I live the sound coming out of my $50 AliExpress cables. Looks great too. Nicely braided and the termination is great.

Aug 27, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #383 of 881
The Sablon 2020 is the only audiophile ethernet cable I've ever owned
I'm using Belden cables. I got it free from work I'm guessing this company know what their doing when it comes to networking.

TcP has built-in error correction sand I think "retransmission" if there are errors.

Aug 27, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #384 of 881
The Sablon 2020 is the only audiophile ethernet cable I've ever owned so I don't really have any point of reference, but I am open to suggestions.
Have you compared it to a bog standard Cat 6 cable? Curious to learn what impact you noticed if any.

Aug 27, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #385 of 881
My normal process is that I buy several cable options, compare them head to head and sell the ones that don't work. I have done this with every cable I've ever owned, with one exception, the ethernet cable. The cable comparison tests take a lot of time and mental effort for me and I have to be in the right frame of mind.

For the Sablon ethernet, I needed to start somewhere with an upscale cable and have been a long-time customer of Sablon so I decided to start with them.

I just bought a couple SoTM switches which hopefully will arrive in the next week or two and once I get those in place I will compare the Sablon cables to throw away ethernet cables, and also against a Belden I got from Blue Jeans a few years ago but never installed (long story) and just remembered I have in a drawer while typing this sentence. :relaxed:

The Belden cable came with some test data from Blue Jeans. I'll report back.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #386 of 881
My normal process is that I buy several cable options, compare them head to head and sell the ones that don't work. I have done this with every cable I've ever owned, with one exception, the ethernet cable. The cable comparison tests take a lot of time and mental effort for me and I have to be in the right frame of mind.

For the Sablon ethernet, I needed to start somewhere with an upscale cable and have been a long-time customer of Sablon so I decided to start with them.

I just bought a couple SoTM switches which hopefully will arrive in the next week or two and once I get those in place I will compare the Sablon cables to throw away ethernet cables, and also against a Belden I got from Blue Jeans a few years ago but never installed (long story) and just remembered I have in a drawer while typing this sentence. :relaxed:

The Belden cable came with some test data from Blue Jeans. I'll report back.
Awesome!

I have only ever bought one Sablon cable, a Pantera Elite Reserva or something similar? It was a USB cable. I returned it as it offered nothing over the Supra USB I was using at the time. I was really surprised TBH.

Aug 27, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #388 of 881
Yeah, we all hear differently, different systems, different preferences. You just have to buy, try, sell, rinse, recycle, repeat until you find the match that works for you.
I always feel 'bad' about buying things just to try them though! I like to know in advance, in so far as I can. Difficult for niche items where there's no substansive weight of subjective owner feedback though.

Aug 27, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #389 of 881

I had the sablon ethernet for a short while and my thoughts on it at the time was it was it had a bit much energy on the treble and upper mids. I did ask Mark about an ethernet cable a few months ago and he mentioned he was working on something new; I haven't gotten round to inquiring about it again.

there was one ethernet cable which I particularly enjoyed and which did not cost all that much ie the Furutech lan8 ncf. the only issue was of the shielding method of the cable, which meant I couldn't get it to work between my sonore optical module and Sotm streamer. if I took the sonore out of the chain, then no probs. a caveat, the purple sheathing may not be for everyone...

I'm using pink faun ethernet cables in my lounge system (love these, smooth and hefty sounding, built amazingly well and so easy to route), and have just gotten a length of tellurium Q Black diamond ethernet to place between my Sotm streamer and a lumin U2 mini in my study.

Aug 27, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #390 of 881
20220828_070009-01.jpeg

it may be, and probably is, a lot of placebo, but man... do I love placebo..

after spending so much on the headphones and the rest of the system, seriously, what's a little bit more on cabling? *grin

I'd also much rather look at, and have the cable on the left in my system, than that grey monstrosity on the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back